RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

True Special Order Dates

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-16, 04:55 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by donloch
Placed my order on Jan 2nd. Dealer was able to modify an existing order with a 1/25 build date. Car arrived at dealer 2/16.
Unfortunately I discovered that the dealer left off one of the options after it was too late to reconfigure.
Took the dealer 3 weeks to get a new order accepted by factory. New build date is 2/29 so now looking at a 3/25 delivery.
Next time I will insist on seeing a copy of the production order when the dealer submits the change request and again after Lexus accepts it.
nice. THanks for the info! It seems that it arrives in about 4 weeks after production.

IF I were you, and you could wait a little longer, I'd redo it. If I'm buying a premium car, I'd want EVERYTHING that I expected on it.

There is a Dealer Daily Sheet that your dealer can SEND you through email that shows exactly what is going to be built and then AFTER it is accepted by Lexus. They can also show you another sheet once they have the built date with the VIN number.
Old 02-18-16, 04:59 AM
ccb777
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I swapped several e-mail with my sales person after she e-mailed me the order sheet. I was not sure of some of the codes to make sure it was ordered correctly. She submitted the order Dec 1st, picked up 2 weeks later, and just got build data of march 14th yesterday. I have ordered and picked up cars in Europe-MB and BMW- faster. However I was not in a hurry because we have a MB500SL to sell before then and the spring is a better time to sell a convertible.. The vehicle is a 350RX.
Old 02-18-16, 05:39 AM
curf
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Special Order Dec. 15th salesman sent email yesterday saying build date is March 12th. Delivery end of March. First news I've rec.d about the special order car... I decided last Friday to go ahead and purchase a car rather than wait for the special order one... can't wait any longer.

Last edited by curf; 02-18-16 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-19-16, 01:47 PM
ghabicht
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I FINALLY GOT MINE TODAY! Ordered 12/23/15 - this was a modification to an existing order.

Last edited by ghabicht; 02-19-16 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-19-16, 02:21 PM
samwel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on order timing.

I know other people might be dying for this type of feedback information; I know I have been for a couple of months. Just got notified yesterday. 2016 RX350 F-Sport, white with black interior and loaded w/o pano roof.
Date ordered and down payment made – 9 Nov 2015
Order submitted to Lexus – 16 Nov 2015
Received call order was accepted for production – Mid Dec.2015
Build Date and VIN (notified 18 Jan 2016) - 21 Mar 2016
Est. arrival date at dealer from Canada – End of March 2016
= 18 Weeks (4 ½ months) from original date order was placed for F-sport… hope it helps others on the timing.

Last edited by samwel; 03-25-16 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Wrong date listed.
Old 02-19-16, 03:29 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by samwel
I know other people might be dying for this type of feedback information; I know I have been for a couple of months. Just got notified yesterday. 2016 RX350 F-Sport, white with black interior and loaded w/o pano roof.
Date ordered and down payment made – 9 Nov 2015
Order submitted to Lexus – 16 Nov 2015
Received call order was accepted for production – Mid Dec.2015
Build Date and VIN (notified 18 Nov 2016) - 21 Mar 2016
Est. arrival date at dealer from Canada – End of March 2016
= 18 Weeks (4 ½ months) from original date order was placed for F-sport… hope it helps others on the timing.
Thanks for the info!

I don't get how my build date is the same but I'm expecting mine sometime at the end of April.. haha

And I live in CA.
Old 02-19-16, 06:04 PM
samwel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order timing

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
Thanks for the info!

I don't get how my build date is the same but I'm expecting mine sometime at the end of April.. haha

And I live in CA.
One thing I left off, my dealer gave me one of his production slots that made it a 'hot order' which means it goes in front of all production models coming off the line at the he same time. At least that is what they told me.

Last edited by samwel; 02-20-16 at 04:32 AM.
Old 02-19-16, 06:27 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by samwel
One thing I left off, my dealer gave me one oh his production slots that made it a 'hot order' which means it goes in front of all production models coming off the line at the he same time. At least that is what they told me.
interesting.. for me they are "trading" the car for another car? Don't know how that works..
Old 02-24-16, 02:09 PM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2016 RX 450H F Sport Special Order

How long does it take to get your special order delivered?
Old 03-02-16, 12:41 PM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Default Can someone tell me how long they waited for a special order?

RX 450H F Sport Fully loaded... how long is the wait from moment special order is placed through getting the call for delivery?
Old 03-03-16, 07:29 AM
jdshaw
Rookie

Originally Posted by JosersRX
RX 450H F Sport Fully loaded... how long is the wait from moment special order is placed through getting the call for delivery?

Three major variables determine your answer:
1) What is the specific date of the order relative to the dealer's once a month order date?
2) Is order replacing/revising an existing dealer order already in the system?
3) Will vehicle be manufactured in Canada or Japan?

If all three align - 6 to 7 weeks.
If none align - four months.
Old 03-03-16, 07:54 AM
JosersRX
Pole Position

thanks... I don't know the answers to #1 and #2... Was told RXs are all made in Canada now by dealer and Lexus Cust Service. Dealer just told me 8-12wks and hope for the best. They have no clue once they hit the send button it seems.
Old 03-03-16, 07:56 AM
JosersRX
Pole Position

May I ask how much was the option to add roof rails? I'm liking the look and may add it to my 3rd 2016 F Sport. They used to come standard when I first bought my 2004 RX. Then it was an option when I bought my 2nd 2010 RX....
Old 03-25-16, 06:47 AM
ccb777
Driver School Candidate

An update to the time for a special order.
My order was placed Dec1. However Lexus must only pick up orders once a month and my was picked up end of Dec. I got the build date end of Feb and it was the week of March 14th. Car actually built March 18th.
Told this week car would not leave Canada until April 1. I had read somewhere that cars/suv have to come thru Detroit as a port of entry- that seems strange if true with NFTA. Anyway car not expected before middle of April. So that is 4 1/2 months from order date.
Still seems like a long time to get a car to Atlanta from the plant in Canada. It's a 14 hour truck ride.

Lexus ordering process certainly different from BMW and Mercedes that I have done before. In both of them an existing order can be easily changed to what ever you want. When I thought about changing colors in Feb before a build date was giving I was told no changes.
The special order was to get AWD on a regular RX and no electric back seat.
Old 03-25-16, 01:01 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ccb777
An update to the time for a special order.
My order was placed Dec1. However Lexus must only pick up orders once a month and my was picked up end of Dec. I got the build date end of Feb and it was the week of March 14th. Car actually built March 18th.
Told this week car would not leave Canada until April 1. I had read somewhere that cars/suv have to come thru Detroit as a port of entry- that seems strange if true with NFTA. Anyway car not expected before middle of April. So that is 4 1/2 months from order date.
Still seems like a long time to get a car to Atlanta from the plant in Canada. It's a 14 hour truck ride.

Lexus ordering process certainly different from BMW and Mercedes that I have done before. In both of them an existing order can be easily changed to what ever you want. When I thought about changing colors in Feb before a build date was giving I was told no changes.
The special order was to get AWD on a regular RX and no electric back seat.
I should update as well.

Special ordered Dec 24, around there.
That means it didn't get accepted until the end of January.

Built on March 21, 2016.

Should arrive at port sometime this week and got a call that it should be at the dealer between April 8th-10.

Will take tons of pics.

Quick Reply: True Special Order Dates