RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Rolling down windows using remote control key fob

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-16, 05:53 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Yes, the the two complimentary services are provided by the Lexus New Car Warranty.
Any Lexus store would be happy to do them and get paid by Corporate for it.
Old 01-19-16, 11:05 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Does Lexus still use TIS for this or have they moved onto something different. If so, then anyone with the interface can sit down at home & do this
Old 01-22-16, 05:10 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Just get a Bluetooth OBD adaptor and download the Carista app and ALL settings are in your disposal to adjust. That way you can adjust settings like windows and lights to your liking and actually test it out before you set in stone. With the dealer you have to tell them to set it a certain way and if these settings is not to your liking you have to take car back to Lexus a second time to adjust the settings again. Which waste you time and very annoying.

I like to adjust the light sensor SENSITIVITY to automatically turn on when it's dark and turn off when it's bright. The first time I chose my settings I was unhappy and changed it again. I did this on the fly because I had the Cristal app and OBD Bluetooth module. And the Module was cheap to boot!. My favorite feature of the app is I can reprogram my tire pressure sensors for my extra set of wheels and tires.
The following users liked this post:
drboyd (04-01-22)
Old 01-22-16, 06:45 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts

that's so dumb.

So you have to ask the dealer to program this as well as the Pano view monitor color of your car? lol

GOtta make sure to do that the day I get my baby.
Old 01-22-16, 06:47 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Just get a Bluetooth OBD adaptor and download the Carista app and ALL settings are in your disposal to adjust. That way you can adjust settings like windows and lights to your liking and actually test it out before you set in stone. With the dealer you have to tell them to set it a certain way and if these settings is not to your liking you have to take car back to Lexus a second time to adjust the settings again. Which waste you time and very annoying.

I like to adjust the light sensor SENSITIVITY to automatically turn on when it's dark and turn off when it's bright. The first time I chose my settings I was unhappy and changed it again. I did this on the fly because I had the Cristal app and OBD Bluetooth module. And the Module was cheap to boot!. My favorite feature of the app is I can reprogram my tire pressure sensors for my extra set of wheels and tires.
do you mind sending some links? This seems pretty awesome.

Do we just need to get this installed?
Amazon.com: Carista OBD Adapter for iPhone/iPad and Android: Automotive Amazon.com: Carista OBD Adapter for iPhone/iPad and Android: Automotive

How the hell did you install this? lol. Where does it go???
Old 01-22-16, 07:01 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Does it just plug and play into the bottom of the steering wheel where the plug should go to check the smog check?
Old 01-22-16, 09:04 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
Does it just plug and play into the bottom of the steering wheel where the plug should go to check the smog check?
Yes under the dash on driver's side

Old 01-22-16, 11:30 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

nice! 40 bucks for the device and 20 for premium for the app?

sounds like a fun way to customize the car!
Old 02-25-16, 02:26 PM
Lions81
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RXOwner
Yes under the dash on driver's side

Can this item do anything different then whats in manual pg 4 - 27 that the dealer can set up for you?
Old 02-25-16, 03:26 PM
Lions81
Driver School Candidate

Question

Originally Posted by kitlz
The default setting is off. It's part of the Lexus Personalized Settings. Dealer only programmable settings start on page 4. Number 27 concerns using the key fob to open the windows and moonroof. I'd recommend going through the complete list prior to your first free service.
What are these 4-27 options that can only be done by dealer , I tried looking through the manual online - but could not find where to search?
I know this is a stupid question, but I just dont get it lol
just got the rx yesterday
Old 02-25-16, 04:01 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Congrats Lions81. Pages 4-6 lists dealer only programmable setting. If you look at each one, it states which setting is (standard) and then how it can be programmed differently. For example, if you look at 20. Access System with Electronic Key, Smart Access (touching the door handle to unlock the doors) is the default setting. But you have to option to disable Smart Access. The dealer will make any changes you want during your first free service. That's why I mentioned going through the entire list before then.
Old 02-25-16, 06:05 PM
billh556
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A couple of things the Carista app can't do....

I've customized my new RX with the Carista iPhone app and their OBD adapter. Two things I was hoping to be able to do that are not available for the new RX:

- turn off the beep when opening the rear hatch (you can control the volume, but not mute it)
- change the color of the car in the panoramic view monitor

I would still buy it, there are a lot of things you can set that are normally dealer-only. And has been pointed out above, you can change them again if you decide you want them set a different way.
Old 02-26-16, 04:43 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by billh556
I've customized my new RX with the Carista iPhone app and their OBD adapter. Two things I was hoping to be able to do that are not available for the new RX:

- turn off the beep when opening the rear hatch (you can control the volume, but not mute it)
- change the color of the car in the panoramic view monitor

I would still buy it, there are a lot of things you can set that are normally dealer-only. And has been pointed out above, you can change them again if you decide you want them set a different way.
Good to know.

Still planning on getting it.
Old 02-27-16, 06:23 AM
Lions81
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kitlz
Congrats Lions81. Pages 4-6 lists dealer only programmable setting. If you look at each one, it states which setting is (standard) and then how it can be programmed differently. For example, if you look at 20. Access System with Electronic Key, Smart Access (touching the door handle to unlock the doors) is the default setting. But you have to option to disable Smart Access. The dealer will make any changes you want during your first free service. That's why I mentioned going through the entire list before then.

I have went through the entire manual 748 pages and I could not find a part that states (dealer only programmable setting)

Could some one please make a list with all of those options.

is this it -http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/MY16-Lexus-RX-350-with-Navigation-Display.pdf ?

Last edited by Lions81; 02-27-16 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-27-16, 08:09 AM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Lions81
I have went through the entire manual 748 pages and I could not find a part that states (dealer only programmable setting)

Could some one please make a list with all of those options.

is this it -http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/MY16-Lexus-RX-350-with-Navigation-Display.pdf ?
Yes i think that is it

Quick Reply: Rolling down windows using remote control key fob