RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Remote start with just the remote!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-18, 09:20 AM
Googs
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think on the premise of deception we should all petition Lexus to allow owners to Turn On/Off their cars from their Key fob. When I was sold this car, I was told it already had a remote starter and no one once told me that it is tied to a subscription service - which is ridiculous. If I want to use it from any part of the world then I understand I have to pay extra but a basic starter is even included in basic cars now days.
The following users liked this post:
teemerz (01-13-20)
Old 04-06-18, 09:40 AM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 133 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by FlopTop04
Personally, I would look for a iDataStart HC2352AC. That unit is a one piece system with two 2-Way 3,000' remotes.
Find a seller that will flash the module with the correct firmware, ADS-RSA-TL7, prior to shipment. If you go with
an iDataStart system, I can PM / Email you an install guide that has all the wire colors, locations and photos of the
connectors.
That is for sure. iDATA link web site has all the information to start with. lock-lock-lock remote starter has poor range. HC2353AC is very good.
Old 04-06-18, 11:00 AM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Htony
That is for sure. iDATA link web site has all the information to start with. lock-lock-lock remote starter has poor range. HC2353AC is very good.
Better someone figure out how to hack the system over the air waves. Lexus obviously shut's it off that way. Someone should be able to turn it back on that way. It has to be some type of computer programing.
The following users liked this post:
Aeon (11-15-19)
Old 04-06-18, 11:26 AM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 133 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Marqevans
Better someone figure out how to hack the system over the air waves. Lexus obviously shut's it off that way. Someone should be able to turn it back on that way. It has to be some type of computer programing.
Lexus has remote starter kit too.
Old 04-06-18, 01:34 PM
Cocal
Racer

Received 342 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Htony
Lexus has remote starter kit too.
Not in the US they have enform, we in Canada do not have enform, but do have the kit. Americans close to the border come into Canada to have it installed.
Old 04-06-18, 05:50 PM
raysmd
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks, I see that a Canadian dealer on eBay is selling this unit. They are able to flash it and provide a T-harness.

How difficult is the install?

thanks

Originally Posted by FlopTop04
Personally, I would look for a iDataStart HC2352AC. That unit is a one piece system with two 2-Way 3,000' remotes.
Find a seller that will flash the module with the correct firmware, ADS-RSA-TL7, prior to shipment. If you go with
an iDataStart system, I can PM / Email you an install guide that has all the wire colors, locations and photos of the
connectors.
Old 04-06-18, 06:25 PM
FlopTop04
Advanced

Received 209 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by raysmd
thanks, I see that a Canadian dealer on eBay is selling this unit. They are able to flash it and provide a T-harness.

thanks
There is some panel removal on the drivers side, under dash. Assuming you have the Factory Alarm system, you would make the necessary T -harness connections from the HC2 to the RX and one wire connection for the power liftgate and an optional wire connection if you wanted PitStop/Idle mode. Should be pretty easy. The ones I did were without the T-Harness.
Old 04-07-18, 06:10 AM
Cocal
Racer

Received 342 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by raysmd
thanks
I've heard that it's very straight forward, almost a plug & play as the vehicle is prewired in Canada. I assume it would be the same for the US

Last edited by Cocal; 04-17-18 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-08-18, 08:06 AM
My2016RX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an idatastart installed in my 2016 RX- works like a charm with my OEM fob and for a ONE TIME cost of $279, sure beats yearly scrips to start your car and a bunch of other things you don't need.
Old 04-09-18, 11:28 AM
TeKKieNYC
Driver

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by My2016RX
I had an idatastart installed in my 2016 RX- works like a charm with my OEM fob and for a ONE TIME cost of $279, sure beats yearly scrips to start your car and a bunch of other things you don't need.
Where did you get installed in NY? and which model?
Old 04-17-18, 08:51 AM
bobett
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just tried it on 2017 RX and it worked fine from the remote
Old 04-17-18, 09:59 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 616 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by bobett
Just tried it on 2017 RX and it worked fine from the remote
As it should during the first year. After that, you have to pay for it.
Old 07-12-18, 12:02 PM
sejijohn
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Accidently I discovered remote start in my RX350L using the key fob. Click Lock twice and in third-time long press lock button for more than 3 seconds. The indicators will start blinking and the SUV will start . Also, configured all window open by long pressing unlock button in the key fob with the help of the dealer.
Old 08-13-18, 06:48 PM
Craigis350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by Annue61
Well it does and I'm not very happy about it . I have a 2016 350 GS F , and after one year I lost the remote start, because I did not buy the app. I personally think it's crap.
I am now on my second and last Lexus mainly because of this money grab! The worst part is, I might be willing to pay the $80.00/yr if the damn remote app was worth using!!!!!!

First, assuming the Enform app hasn't signed itself out so I cant even use it because even lastpass on my iPhone X won;t store the GD password, and no i haven't memorized it! News flash you Toyota F's even my damn bank doesn't sign me out of my app when it updates!!

So, assuming the thing even works - I need to build about 5 minutes into remembering to hit remote start when I need it because - As most of you know, the app is pure crap and its lags and NAGS etc make remote start a painful act I mostly choose not worth my time I will be stepping into my over priced Toyota long before the RS engages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For reference my wifes 2017 has a fast responding starter app that was - Gasp free!

Further, I signed on for the Lexus Advisory board and I just received a long questionnaire solely focused on what I would and would not be willing to pay for in services.

Obviously No ONE was willing to pay for the service reminder etc. crap - So they made those free for 2018 and changed the renewal fee for the start to $80.00 per year!

Lexus, I would prefer you give the customer $300.00 credit at purchase so we can go buy an aftermarket RS that actually starts my car without a drawn out Lawyer induced questionnaire every time I start my car! Oh, and it can be programmed so the damn car doesn't shut off for the lawyers when I open the door!

I'm kinda pissed about this petty money grab. I hope that 160.00 you lost from me, you can make up on another new customer!

Other grips? The "APPS" crap that is not even usable - I see they're finally going to relent on Apple and Android Car play though.
Old 08-14-18, 10:28 AM
BrenFinn
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Key FOB started my 2018 GX Thanks

Originally Posted by KANG
hey guys. i just tried this on my 16 rx350 f sport. the car starts with just the key fob!! press the lock botton 3 times, the 3rd time u hold it for like 3 seconds, the car beeped and car starts. people at the dealership never told me this. so its the same as in my father's 2010 rx350. im not sure if it still works when the lexus enform remote start free trial ends, but i think it will still work.

YUP worked! Thank you! 2018 GX Luxury

Quick Reply: Remote start with just the remote!!