RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Remote start with just the remote!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-16, 03:28 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by RON7
Have enform activated but hand held remote did not start RX. Tried
locking locking 3 times and holding third lock push. Any ideas
what went wrong. It does work using the I-Pad app.
Thanks
Same here. Remote starting via FOB must not have been an added option on my 2016 RX350 Luxury. Not a problem for me as Enform works perfectly
Old 01-07-16, 06:27 AM
bdspilot
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

worked for me, clicked 3x held 4 click. btw, does the car run for just 10 minutes like the app?
Old 01-07-16, 07:45 AM
cmartinez
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Edit - I was mistaken: With the remote start app I can start the RX and then walk to it and unlock it and get it while it remains on. When I remote start with the fob it turns off when I unlock the door to get in or if I click the unlock button on the fob. Does anyone know if this is just a limitation of the fob based remote start or is this a programmable option that I can try to have changed? I haven't had time to go through the manual since discovering this feature on this forum.

Last edited by cmartinez; 01-07-16 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-07-16, 07:45 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bdspilot
worked for me, clicked 3x held 4 click. btw, does the car run for just 10 minutes like the app?
I have tried 3 and 4 clicks on the lock button holding it down on the last click and nothing.

It will only run for 10 minutes unless you unlock/open the door and then the motor will turn off.
Old 01-07-16, 07:47 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cmartinez
With the remote start app I can start the RX and then walk to it and unlock it and get it while it remains on. When I remote start with the fob it turns off when I unlock the door to get in or if I click the unlock button on the fob. Does anyone know if this is just a limitation of the fob based remote start or is this a programmable option that I can try to have changed? I haven't had time to go through the manual since discovering this feature on this forum.
The off after 10 minutes or if you open a door has been the standard for a long time. No sure that it can be reprogrammed. Good to hear the Enform App will let the motor run.
Old 01-07-16, 08:57 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

^Yes, it's standard on RES (non-subscription). Nobody has figured out a workaround but I don't see the big deal having to restart the car. I'd have to put my foot on the brake anyway to put it in gear. Pressing the start button is the only extra step. On my 3RX, the remote start unit is behind the glove compartment. I'll be curious to see if the remote can start my '16 450h. Of course by the time my RXh comes in, I won't need it, LOL!
Old 01-07-16, 09:53 AM
SFocLA
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I am having no luck on this, do I need to turn on anything on entune?
Old 01-07-16, 10:14 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SFocLA
I am having no luck on this, do I need to turn on anything on entune?
No luck with what?

Starting with the FOB or are you trying to use Enform
Old 01-07-16, 10:18 AM
SFocLA
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RXOwner
No luck with what?

Starting with the FOB or are you trying to use Enform
key fob

sorry not entune I meant enform
Old 01-07-16, 10:18 AM
bdspilot
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by cmartinez
With the remote start app I can start the RX and then walk to it and unlock it and get it while it remains on. When I remote start with the fob it turns off when I unlock the door to get in or if I click the unlock button on the fob. Does anyone know if this is just a limitation of the fob based remote start or is this a programmable option that I can try to have changed? I haven't had time to go through the manual since discovering this feature on this forum.
I have used the app as well but when I unlock to get in the car stops. Would like to know how to keep it running.
Old 01-07-16, 10:59 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SFocLA
key fob

sorry not entune I meant enform
my 4RX Luxury does not start via FOB either. I have to use EnForm.

Do not think that option was included with my 4RX even though it has almost everything else.
Old 01-07-16, 12:10 PM
cmartinez
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bdspilot
I have used the app as well but when I unlock to get in the car stops. Would like to know how to keep it running.
I'll test it again tonight when my wife gets home, but what If I recall correctly she started it through her phone and then with a fob in my hand just unlocked it as I normally would. I'll report back again later.
Old 01-07-16, 04:42 PM
winsalem
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by go3Ds
$219.95 includes remote, safety connect, and also service connect.

Here is the link for Lexus Enform http://www.lexus.com/enform/?tab=suite

Click on PRICING/REGISTRATION for various price packages after the 1 year complimentary period expires. Minimum current yearly price for the remote is $219.95, but also includes Safety Connect and Service Connect. Best value is the complete package $344.90 which also includes Destinations. Either package in my opinion is worth it. One night out on the town cost that much, and this is for an entire year.
I'm with go3Ds...I've always subscribed to complete Enform pkg since it became available. Atlantic City condo bldg uses valet parking so it's a no brainer for me. Just another accessory of convenience with an additional feeling of security. (Vehicle Finder is great if you always park in the faraway no-ding zones.)

Too bad "...the Enform Remote will not let you disable the vehicle or scream obscenities through the audio...*". Haha now THAT would be cool as hell!

* http://www.torquenews.com/1083/lexus...drive-your-car
Old 01-07-16, 06:12 PM
noeldavid
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The hold on the 4 lock clicks was not working until I setup the Enform App by pressing the SOS button on the car. Now it works and I can also lower all the windows by holding the Unlock buton on the Fob on the 3rd click. All of this is pretty useless if I cannot start the heater and leave it on for more than 10 minutes. I have the 4RX 350 base model.
Old 01-07-16, 07:19 PM
cmartinez
Driver School Candidate

Ok everyone, I must have imagined that the RX stayed on yesterday because today I cannot duplicate the situation. Now it's acting the way it is for everyone else. I started it with the app and unlocked it with my hand and it turned off. Apologies for the confusion. I've also edited my original post.

Quick Reply: Remote start with just the remote!!