Notices
RX - 4th Gen (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touch Free Rear Door Issues

 
Old 07-29-17, 04:56 PM
  #91  
mikemu30
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,754
Liked 171 Times in 151 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Samour View Post
I think it needs the car to be locked to be operable.
not correct.
mikemu30 is offline  
The following users liked this post: mikemu30
ericsan13 (07-31-17)
Old 08-22-17, 08:19 AM
  #92  
tommytqt
Driver
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: MA
Posts: 100
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Hi, I have a F sport 2017. When the car is locked i wave at the logo, it unlocks all doors, then i have to wave again to have it opens. So annoying, pressing the button under the logo is 10x faster. Is there anyway to disable the unlock part? One wave at the logo to pop the trunk?
Thank you.
tommytqt is offline  
Old 08-22-17, 09:40 AM
  #93  
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver
 
aznkorboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: ca
Posts: 1,137
Liked 88 Times in 70 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tommytqt View Post
Hi, I have a F sport 2017. When the car is locked i wave at the logo, it unlocks all doors, then i have to wave again to have it opens. So annoying, pressing the button under the logo is 10x faster. Is there anyway to disable the unlock part? One wave at the logo to pop the trunk?
Thank you.
Hello. This happens because you don't keep your hand over the logo long enough. Keep your hand or elbow over the top part of the lexus logo and wait until it starts to open. Sometimes when I do it too fast, it just unlocks the doors. It's not waving it's more liike putting your hand up saying STOP!
aznkorboi is online now  
The following users liked this post: aznkorboi
tommytqt (08-22-17)
Old 08-22-17, 10:57 AM
  #94  
tommytqt
Driver
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: MA
Posts: 100
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by aznkorboi View Post
Hello. This happens because you don't keep your hand over the logo long enough. Keep your hand or elbow over the top part of the lexus logo and wait until it starts to open. Sometimes when I do it too fast, it just unlocks the doors. It's not waving it's more liike putting your hand up saying STOP!
I meant put my hand there at the logo but waiting for it to open is way to long....and then wait for it to go up is another story..... lol
tommytqt is offline  
Old 08-22-17, 12:35 PM
  #95  
gadgetman1
Lead Lap
 
gadgetman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 609
Liked 51 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by aznkorboi View Post
Hello. This happens because you don't keep your hand over the logo long enough. Keep your hand or elbow over the top part of the lexus logo and wait until it starts to open. Sometimes when I do it too fast, it just unlocks the doors. It's not waving it's more liike putting your hand up saying STOP!
I found "waving" or holding my hand in the "stop" position was very hit or miss. If I just place my palm of my hand over the top of the "L" (touching), my hatch opens 100% of the time.
gadgetman1 is offline  
Old 08-22-17, 12:40 PM
  #96  
tommytqt
Driver
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: MA
Posts: 100
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gadgetman1 View Post
I found "waving" or holding my hand in the "stop" position was very hit or miss. If I just place my palm of my hand over the top of the "L" (touching), my hatch opens 100% of the time.
Even when your car is locked? one beep and the trunk opens? Mine, the first beep unlocks the car then the second touch opens the trunk.
tommytqt is offline  
Old 08-22-17, 01:13 PM
  #97  
ericsan13
Lexus Test Driver
 
ericsan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 1,069
Liked 81 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tommytqt View Post
Even when your car is locked? one beep and the trunk opens? Mine, the first beep unlocks the car then the second touch opens the trunk.
My car unlocks and opens even when locked. One touch, one beep. Ask the dealer to adjust sensitivity.
ericsan13 is offline  
The following users liked this post: ericsan13
tommytqt (08-23-17)
Old 08-22-17, 04:11 PM
  #98  
gadgetman1
Lead Lap
 
gadgetman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 609
Liked 51 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tommytqt View Post
Even when your car is locked? one beep and the trunk opens? Mine, the first beep unlocks the car then the second touch opens the trunk.
Yes, but I may have a feature set differently than others, but this works well for me. I also have my hatch height opening set lower, so I never risk hitting a ceiling or overhang.


gadgetman1 is offline  
The following users liked this post: gadgetman1
tommytqt (08-23-17)
Old 08-23-17, 05:03 AM
  #99  
tommytqt
Driver
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: MA
Posts: 100
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gadgetman1 View Post
Yes, but I may have a feature set differently than others, but this works well for me. I also have my hatch height opening set lower, so I never risk hitting a ceiling or overhang.


That was pretty quick compare to mine.
tommytqt is offline  
Old 08-23-17, 09:33 AM
  #100  
ggebhardt
Lexus Champion
 
ggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,576
Liked 109 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Gadgetman1's hatch is working the way it should. Mine keeps trying to open while leaning over to clean the back window or while waxing the top of the rear spoiler.

I seldom use this and 90% or the time use the FOB.
ggebhardt is offline  
Old 08-27-17, 07:17 PM
  #101  
dsw49
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Try touching the top of the Logo.
dsw49 is offline  
Old 08-27-17, 07:22 PM
  #102  
daffydd
Rookie
 
daffydd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: MD
Posts: 79
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dsw49 View Post
Try touching the top of the Logo.
Top, center, bottom, wave of the hand, whatever, it rarely works. It often unlocks the car doors without opening the hatch. I repeat, they need to look at Ford's foot-kick system.
daffydd is offline  
Old 08-28-17, 01:58 AM
  #103  
ggebhardt
Lexus Champion
 
ggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,576
Liked 109 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by daffydd View Post
Top, center, bottom, wave of the hand, whatever, it rarely works. It often unlocks the car doors without opening the hatch. I repeat, they need to look at Ford's foot-kick system.
Stop waving your hand and just place it over the rear emblem.
ggebhardt is offline  
Old 08-28-17, 05:39 AM
  #104  
LordBowral
Pole Position
 
LordBowral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 339
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ggebhardt View Post
Stop waving your hand and just place it over the rear emblem.
Yes .. keep your hand still and it works perfectly . Lexus will never adopt that silly foot waving thing as so many older folk have fallen over trying to make it work and broken hips in the process .
LordBowral is offline  
Old 08-28-17, 06:14 AM
  #105  
mikemu30
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,754
Liked 171 Times in 151 Posts
Default

Does anyone know if the hatch can be opened or closed manually without the power option and without harming the mechanism?
mikemu30 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Touch Free Rear Door Issues


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: