ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022-273/)
-   -   Touch Free Rear Door Issues (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022/807637-touch-free-rear-door-issues.html)

kenforum 01-01-16 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Samour (Post 9305978)
I think it needs the car to be locked to be operable.:sad:

I found out that the car does not need to be locked in order to use the touch free rear door. For example I could use it even when the side doors are open.

RXOwner 01-02-16 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by kenforum (Post 9306796)
I found out that the car does not need to be locked in order to use the touch free rear door. For example I could use it even when the side doors are open.

I stand corrected and you are correct. It will open even if unlocked.

aznkorboi 01-02-16 10:40 AM

the manual says you can wave or touch the upper part of the lexus emblem.

It also says that if you press the close gate button twice, it will close the trunk AND lock the doors! haha

RXOwner 01-02-16 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by aznkorboi (Post 9307143)
the manual says you can wave or touch the upper part of the lexus emblem.

It also says that if you press the close gate button twice, it will close the trunk AND lock the doors! haha

I found out early that waving does not work near as good as holding something in front of it.

I figured out the two push thing by the 2X and the lock graphic by the button. It works quite well.

coolsaber 01-02-16 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by kenforum (Post 9306796)

During the test drive, car was running, unlocked, Driver door open and it worked.

Haya808 01-14-16 10:44 PM

First time I actually had a real world situation needing to use the touch less feature. Bought two jugs of Starbucks coffee for a work meeting, with cups and extra all attached to the boxes. So both hands were completely full. Held up my elbow to a locked RX and in 3 seconds the door opened exactly as it should! I was so happy it worked...especially when I really needed it too!

kenforum 01-14-16 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by RXOwner (Post 9307165)
I found out early that waving does not work near as good as holding something in front of it.

I figured out the two push thing by the 2X and the lock graphic by the button. It works quite well.

Originally Posted by Haya808 (Post 9324183)
First time I actually had a real world situation needing to use the touch less feature. Bought two jugs of Starbucks coffee for a work meeting, with cups and extra all attached to the boxes. So both hands were completely full. Held up my elbow to a locked RX and in 3 seconds the door opened exactly as it should! I was so happy it worked...especially when I really needed it too!

All of these work very well for me too:)

barx 01-20-16 06:21 PM

Mine seems to work inconsistently, but it's usually when my wife is around and in the car, possibly with her set of keys in her purse too. There's definitely some edge cases to work out, but I feel that if you can push the button underneath to open it, you should be able to wave the emblem to open it.

Funny story though, the touch free rear door seemed to work really well when I was washing / waxing my car and had the keys in my pocket. Who would've thought that would be an edge case.

MediumRare 01-21-16 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by RXOwner (Post 9306100)
I believe you are correct.

That is unbelievable...:egads: Thinking twice about getting it. Kick open in our Beamer works so great. Hands free, instant response, works whether locked or unlocked.

RXOwner 01-21-16 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by MediumRare (Post 9332466)
That is unbelievable...:egads:

Try to remain calm.

Ricjames31 05-17-16 04:16 PM

sensitivity:

Originally Posted by SoKali-RX (Post 9305966)
There's a sensitivity setting in the Vehicle Customization section where you can dial up the sensitivity. Mine is at normal and opens every time within 2 seconds, hand or elbow, regardless of body position. Try turning up the sensitivity to see if that helps.

sensitivity cannot be changed by customer only by dealer by a service tech

gorcorps 05-18-16 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Ricjames31 (Post 9488240)
sensitivity cannot be changed by customer only by dealer by a service tech

Seriously? Why? What else is locked out from me adjusting it myself?

coolsaber 05-18-16 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by gorcorps (Post 9488963)

Theres a list of things posted here on another thread

Ricjames31 05-18-16 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by gorcorps (Post 9488963)

just about every thing to be honest. the only you can do is adjust the height settings from lvl 1-5 and that's it.

sirtiger 05-18-16 08:51 AM

It works for me. My personal opinion now is that it is a waste of an option.