RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-17, 10:49 AM
rcworks
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JSracer
sounds like you don't have an issue. the one i drove was very obvious at tip in, you could feel the steering wheel vibrate noticeably.
or are you saying you have it and can't locate it ??
i never heard it in the first place, the vibration and the droning.
but then i found this thread, so i am trying to see if i have the same issues.
i want to know if i have it while the car is still new, it's driving me mad.
Old 10-04-17, 05:23 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

don't worry about it, sounds like your good, they all don't have it. on the test drive the 1 with it was very obvious, the vibration was noticeable in the steering wheel for us.
Old 10-09-17, 05:47 PM
scfz1000
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UCSB
Jim ... SUV's are one big compromise. They are not luxury cars. Luxury and refinement are compromised by the utility design of the vehicle. Just like the luxury interior ultimately undermines the utility side of the car. The sport side of the equation is compromised by the utility/size of the vehicle. On top of that, Lexus has been moving away from their isolated from the road past and this has lead to more noise, harshness and road feel in the cabin.

Rhetorical Question: What vehicle do you think has the most on road refinement a 2016 Toyota Camry or 2016 RX?
Sorry this logic does not apply in this case,as an example if it did then the Audi Q5/Q7 would have the same type of noise and vibration as well but they do not. The Q7 is particularly outstanding on the driving dynamics and refinement/quietness...you can have both, the fact that some have it and some don't in their rx350 (or different levels of vibration) indicates a design problem in my mind.
Old 10-09-17, 07:06 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by scfz1000
Sorry this logic does not apply in this case,as an example if it did then the Audi Q5/Q7 would have the same type of noise and vibration as well but they do not. The Q7 is particularly outstanding on the driving dynamics and refinement/quietness...you can have both, the fact that some have it and some don't in their rx350 (or different levels of vibration) indicates a design problem in my mind.
I also do not agree with this so-called logic. Many SUVs are built on car platforms & can be just as luxurious or even more so than a sedan. Some pickup trucks handle better & ride better than a car! There is virtually no compromise, otherwise the SUV wouldn’t be the hottest segment of the market.
Old 10-19-17, 10:54 PM
alau2948
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tdjacw
The noise/vibration varies from one RX to another. My RX is actually louder than my Toyota Camry on take off. Also has vibration that the Camry doesn't have or any other new vehicle I have owned. Its not terrible, just not right. Sounds like you got a good one.
I got a ride on my coworker's MDX the other day. It had 30K miles on it, about 3 years old. I can honestly tell you my RX350 is a bit more refined and more quiet than the MDX. The MDX didn't have panoramic roof or heads up display and still doesn't. It had a tiny speaker and blind spot monitor light on either side of the windshield pillar...awkward. Sorry to see so many having droning and vibration issues. Unless they get these issues resolved, this might be the only Lexus I will ever own.
Old 10-21-17, 03:54 AM
tdjacw
Pole Position

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by alau2948
I got a ride on my coworker's MDX the other day. It had 30K miles on it, about 3 years old. I can honestly tell you my RX350 is a bit more refined and more quiet than the MDX. The MDX didn't have panoramic roof or heads up display and still doesn't. It had a tiny speaker and blind spot monitor light on either side of the windshield pillar...awkward. Sorry to see so many having droning and vibration issues. Unless they get these issues resolved, this might be the only Lexus I will ever own.
This will definitely be my last Lexus. Being promised a fix for an entire year now and nothing is unacceptable. Honestly all things considered I just don't think this vehicle excels in any one area and just isn't worth the money their asking for it. I have been happier with other vehicles that weren't nearly as expensive.Can't understand what the big hype about Lexus is all about.
Old 10-21-17, 04:34 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

This will definitely be my last Lexus. Being promised a fix for an entire year now and nothing is unacceptable. Honestly all things considered I just don't think this vehicle excels in any one area and just isn't worth the money their asking for it. I have been happier with other vehicles that weren't nearly as expensive.Can't understand what the big hype about Lexus is all about.
You are repeating yourself. We know how you feel about Lexus.

They hype was good enough for you to buy the RX.
Old 10-21-17, 10:27 AM
tdjacw
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
You are repeating yourself. We know how you feel about Lexus.

They hype was good enough for you to buy the RX.
How they don't kick you off this forum with your rude comments is more of a mystery then the Drone and Vibration on my Lexus!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-17, 10:31 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

How they don't kick you off this forum with your rude comments is more of a mystery then the Drone and Vibration on my Lexus!!!!!!!!
Sorry if you think I am rude, just tired of the constant Lexus bashing. We are all too familiar with your unhappiness with your purchase choice.
Old 10-21-17, 10:33 AM
tdjacw
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Sorry if you think I am rude, just tired of the constant Lexus bashing. We are all too familiar with your unhappiness with your purchase choice.
I cant understand why you keep going to this thread, your car is perfect, we all know!!!!
The following users liked this post:
s4iscool (10-21-17)
Old 11-05-17, 08:19 PM
Bighead98
Driver School Candidate

Angry 2017RX350 Vibration when acceleration

I find my car vibrates sometimes when I accelerate it from around 40 to 50km/h. Actually I found this symptom in the first week I have it, I was thinking that it might because it is a new one. But unfortunately, vibration still happens sometimes after 1 month now . I had three cars before, no one of them gave the same experience. My feeling is that the vibration comes from the chassis. Bad! I thought lexus is a good car.
Old 11-05-17, 08:48 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

there is a whole thread about this. It is a well-known and widespread issue.
The following 2 users liked this post by mspearl95:
Bighead98 (11-05-17), cec327 (11-06-17)
Old 11-05-17, 09:09 PM
Bighead98
Driver School Candidate

Is there a solution for this ?
Old 11-06-17, 05:16 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Bighead98
yep, a rx450.
just kidding, i have been following this since i am doing pre purchase research.
Old 11-06-17, 09:08 AM
tdjacw
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bighead98
A friend of mine who is a pretty good mechanic drove my car the other day. He agrees the noise and vibration is coming from the exhaust. He thinks Lexus IS not willing to replace the exhaust system so thier trying to come up with a band aid for the issue. It could be the tolerance in the mufflers that's makes it vary from car to car. I have just accepted the fact that this
will not be fixed by the time my lease is up. I really feel that I have been flat out lied to from Lexus. If they haven't come up with a fix in over a year, it's not coming.
The following users liked this post:
Bighead98 (11-06-17)

Quick Reply: 2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration