RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-16, 12:35 PM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingman99
Please note that when either buying or leasing any car, before signing on the dotted line you must take it out for a test drive. Also check the vehicle for paint problems.

Once you sign on the dotted line it becomes your problem.

Never listen when they say take the vehicle home and bring it back and we will fix it. This is a lie just for you to sign on the dotted line.

If you are set on the 2016 and not sure then lease it.

This July my open to buy or lease is the following;

Mercedes GLC
Range Rover Discovery
Murano (for cheap Lease only)
The new Cadillac (SRX replacement) is Awesomme) as is the 2017 Acadia.

If the 2016 RX does not iron out their issues then the above list stands as is.
Some of the vehicles you have on your list have very poor scores for service and dependability. You are in for hardship!
Old 04-13-16, 07:37 PM
Kingman99
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In for a hardship?

Not really after the warranty is up the vehicle is gone. Bottom line so far the Murano is the best deal dollar for dollar.

My community is a huge RX lover until the new 2016 Predator facial sub came out. It appears the 2015 RX is the car to have.

Land Rover too pricey for what they are giving you and the Mercedes is too pricey also even though the GLC AND mL replacement are showing up.
Old 04-14-16, 07:17 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Not really after the warranty is up the vehicle is gone. Bottom line so far the Murano is the best deal dollar for dollar.

My community is a huge RX lover until the new 2016 Predator facial sub came out. It appears the 2015 RX is the car to have.

Land Rover too pricey for what they are giving you and the Mercedes is too pricey also even though the GLC AND mL replacement are showing up.
Absolutely since the Murano is an great non-luxury entry. But I`d put in a Subaru or even a toyota Highlander. It will be much more of a value.
Old 04-14-16, 09:16 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

If you do not care about quality or dependability your Murano will be fine. It is rated very low.

Enjoy!
Old 04-14-16, 04:57 PM
Kingman99
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RXOwner
If you do not care about quality or dependability your Murano will be fine. It is rated very low.

Enjoy!
d

While the Lexus IS rated very high on all issues that nobody can argue but at $10,000 plus cheaper a Murano is fine and it is rated very high in it's category.

Being that l keep a car no more then 3 yrs none of this really means anything to myself. I rotate cars every year so l never get bored.

All of a sudden Lexus dealers are now dealing and Lexus itself is offering deals.
Old 04-14-16, 09:43 PM
IrishJoe
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm about to buy a 2016 RX and am concerned about the noise and vibration discussed in this thread. Can anyone tell me if the consensus is that it is present in all 2016 RX's, non-hybrid and hybrid, 2WD and All WD, F Sport and non- F Sport, or only some of these? Thanks very much for any advice on this as it could affect my buying decision on getting an RX and which configuration.
Old 04-14-16, 10:10 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by IrishJoe
I'm about to buy a 2016 RX and am concerned about the noise and vibration discussed in this thread. Can anyone tell me if the consensus is that it is present in all 2016 RX's, non-hybrid and hybrid, 2WD and All WD, F Sport and non- F Sport, or only some of these? Thanks very much for any advice on this as it could affect my buying decision on getting an RX and which configuration.
To be honest, they best way in this issue is to get a good long test drive in each of the possible configurations F Sport vs Non vs hybrid. Its best to hear it in person and determine whether the noise is perceivable or not.
Old 04-15-16, 08:36 AM
Kingman99
Driver School Candidate

Default Noise

Keep in mind that the Lexus IS too good to not remedy this condition. There is no doubt that the Lexus brand is outstanding.
Their only problem as l see it is the Predator nose!

Prices are weakining in the SE, even Lexus IS offering deals.
Old 04-15-16, 11:34 AM
NRX
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IrishJoe
I bought one last week (base FWD) and so far have driven it for 300+ miles. I haven't noticed any excessive noise/vibration etc. and per my wife I've got VERY picky ears
Old 04-15-16, 11:38 AM
NRX
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep in mind that the Lexus IS too good to not remedy this condition. There is no doubt that the Lexus brand is outstanding.
Their only problem as l see it is the Predator nose!

Prices are weakining in the SE, even Lexus IS offering deals.
What do you mean?

And the spindle grill is not a "problem" but more of a subjective styling preference. If styling is all you want them by all means go buy a Jaguar or Land Rover.
Old 04-18-16, 08:05 AM
Ragman
Driver School Candidate

I have owned many Lexus autos over the years and loved them all until I purchased the '16 RX350. The noise and vibration under foot from standing start or accelerating at low speed is driving me nuts. The engine always feels like it is lugging in too high a gear at low speed. Sport mode seems to help but, I really don't want to drive around town in sport mode. I cannot imagine why Lexus has not found a fix yet as I really feel this situation is hurting their image and reputation. It should have been caught prior to releasing the 2016 model.
Old 04-18-16, 05:41 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by NRX
What do you mean?

And the spindle grill is not a "problem" but more of a subjective styling preference. If styling is all you want them by all means go buy a Jaguar or Land Rover.
Don't feed the trolls.
Old 04-18-16, 07:28 PM
Kingman99
Driver School Candidate

Do to lack of interest the prices are weakining. My first pick was the 2016 RX, now it is not even on the table.

I will first check out the 2015 RX to see what is available before moving on.
Old 04-21-16, 07:59 PM
cec327
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rayaans
So highlighting the 3RX in the 4RX section from a 2013 article proves your point does it? The new RX is much quieter than the 3RX

Even then I can't see the X5 on there and the X6 is a hybrid model which costs much much more
I'm only one person but I found that the 2016 is considerably more quiet than my 2013. Less wind noise and absolutely no rattles, a much tighter feel to the car --no matter what the road surface. Love driving and looking at this vehicle.
Old 04-21-16, 08:56 PM
tomtom74
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I thought this is 4th gen Lexus RX forum? Who care about other make. If some people want to buy other make then go to forum of make that you are going to buy.

Quick Reply: 2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration