RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-17, 01:59 PM
FiveSeven
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Pvipul7
Just got a call from lexus engineer that it is a normal characteristic of the vehicle. Side mirror vibration is normal. They said the AC issue will be fixed and the parts have been ordered.
I am so upset how is vibration and droning noise normal on a 58k LUXURY vehicle. Last lexus for me.
will tell all my friends not to buy lexus any more for their "characteristic vehicles".
I had initiated a vehicle buy back, so I guess no go
your side mirror vibrates? during normal operating temp? what build year is your car? mine is 2/17...
Old 05-31-17, 02:22 PM
Pvipul7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FiveSeven
your side mirror vibrates? during normal operating temp? what build year is your car? mine is 2/17...
it's 2016. And it vibrates at any time, specially during highway crushing it's more noticeable.
Old 05-31-17, 03:41 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts

it's 2016. And it vibrates at any time, specially during highway crushing it's more noticeable.
are you serious?

It's THAT bad? My mirror shakes when i hit 40 on the sound system.

There is NO way it can be THAT bad. That's some serious vibration.
Old 05-31-17, 04:37 PM
FiveSeven
Intermediate

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
are you serious?

Seriously.. mine isnt that bad at all
Old 05-31-17, 04:56 PM
Pvipul7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
are you serious?

I guess like the vibration and droning issue it just depend on your car
Old 05-31-17, 06:18 PM
tdjacw
Pole Position

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Wow that must be bad. I complain like crazy about the vibration but I know mine isn't that bad. If my mirror was shaking from vibration I probably would have driven it through the dealership window by now. Really sorry to here that. Maybe by some miracle Lexus will find a fix and we can all enjoy our cars.
Old 05-31-17, 08:08 PM
satnav
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine vibrates with droning noise when at low speed such as driving up a inclined driveway at when going below 5mph, but not to the point where the mirror shakes.
Old 05-31-17, 09:35 PM
FiveSeven
Intermediate

I got a call from my case worker earlier today.. he said Lexus is aware of the issue. He said he's going to read up and gather all the information he can and get back to me on friday.

I drove the car around today to run errands and my vibration is at its worst when accelerating after slowing down from making a turn.(1200-2000rpm) Its like driving a manual and leaving it 5th gear when you really should be in 2nd or 3rd.

I know mine isn't as bad as some of you guys but for the amount i paid for this car i expect so much more. I really hope Lexus does something about this.
Old 06-01-17, 08:37 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Just got a call from lexus engineer that it is a normal characteristic of the vehicle. Side mirror vibration is normal. They said the AC issue will be fixed and the parts have been ordered.
I am so upset how is vibration and droning noise normal on a 58k LUXURY vehicle. Last lexus for me.
will tell all my friends not to buy lexus any more for their "characteristic vehicles".
I had initiated a vehicle buy back, so I guess no go
It seems that Lexus is saying that the vibration and drone issues are normal characteristics of the car. Whether it's how the engine is mounted or the far too low rpm drone type noise. But I don't think the "engineer" meant the vibrating mirror is a characteristic of the car. There is no way that a vibrating mirror is a characteristic of any car. This becomes a safety issue and needs correcting.

I have a very high HP truck that rattles the windows in my house and the mirrors don't vibrate!
Old 06-01-17, 08:52 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by FastFord
It seems that Lexus is saying that the vibration and drone issues are normal characteristics of the car. Whether it's how the engine is mounted or the far too low rpm drone type noise. But I don't think the "engineer" meant the vibrating mirror is a characteristic of the car. There is no way that a vibrating mirror is a characteristic of any car. This becomes a safety issue and needs correcting.

I have a very high HP truck that rattles the windows in my house and the mirrors don't vibrate!
Unfortunately FastFord, you are in Canada & lemon laws are much weaker & often nonexistent. Have spoken with a lemon law attorney? Perhaps there is a deal that could be made to get you out of that vehicle & into a more suitable Lexus, or at worst, have Lexus buy it back. I had a buy back on another brand that was a complete pile of *****. My attorney said he had never had a buy back with a Lexus, because they really try to keep that from happening. I think it's worth your time in exploring that possibility. Either you haven't talked to the right people to make things right, or Toyota has really changed their philosophies.
Old 06-01-17, 10:36 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
Unfortunately FastFord, you are in Canada & lemon laws are much weaker & often nonexistent. Have spoken with a lemon law attorney? Perhaps there is a deal that could be made to get you out of that vehicle & into a more suitable Lexus, or at worst, have Lexus buy it back. I had a buy back on another brand that was a complete pile of *****. My attorney said he had never had a buy back with a Lexus, because they really try to keep that from happening. I think it's worth your time in exploring that possibility. Either you haven't talked to the right people to make things right, or Toyota has really changed their philosophies.
I think I didn't myself very clear. My RX is beautiful....at least since the TSB (hesitation)was performed. I have zero vibration. My dealer has already offered to take it back and to put me into something else. Full value. That was before the TSB and the car had less than 2K miles. I was looking at the LX570 as another vehicle a couple of days ago, but the tranny was too similar to how the RX was.

As far as talking to the right people, I would bet I am the only one here that has an email from a Director at Lexus. Everyone else says they have escalated it to the Lexus Customer care people. I posted how to get in touch with Executives at Lexus USA for those that are fed up with the help desk\dealer. My experience with a constant problem, that is the only way to go. I was also the first person in Canada to have the experimental tranny fix done. It was not offered to the consumer for two weeks after that.

As far as lemon laws go in Canada...we don't have anything like the US.

I have had lots of problems with many manufacturers. Occasionally you get a bad one. Resolving issues sometimes takes more time when the dealers hands are tied. I am more relentless than any lawyer and have more time on my hands. Plus I love the challenge. My wife won't go with me for major purchases or complaints. She thinks I'm too intense during a negotiation. I'm not intense I'm just prepared with facts and willing to do whatever is necessary for a mutual resolution.

I really do feel for the people that are having vibration and tranny issues. I would be happy to develop a process to identify these vehicles and send the results to Lexus in an appropriate manner.

Lets start with ...

Jim Lentz is Chief Executive officer of Toyota Motor North America, Inc. (TMNA); President and Chief operating officer of Toyota Motor North America.
Mark S. Templin, group vice president and general manager – Lexus Division
Jeffrey Bracken Vice President and General Manager – Lexus Division USA

Last edited by FastFord; 06-01-17 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-01-17, 11:42 AM
tdjacw
Pole Position

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by FiveSeven
I got a call from my case worker earlier today.. he said Lexus is aware of the issue. He said he's going to read up and gather all the information he can and get back to me on friday.

I drove the car around today to run errands and my vibration is at its worst when accelerating after slowing down from making a turn.(1200-2000rpm) Its like driving a manual and leaving it 5th gear when you really should be in 2nd or 3rd.

I know mine isn't as bad as some of you guys but for the amount i paid for this car i expect so much more. I really hope Lexus does something about this.
The characteristics on mine are exactly like yours. Not terrible but if your like me once I become aware of a flaw it really annoys me.
Old 06-01-17, 12:19 PM
FiveSeven
Intermediate

Angry

Originally Posted by tdjacw
The characteristics on mine are exactly like yours. Not terrible but if your like me once I become aware of a flaw it really annoys me.
What bothers me the most is that I bought this car for my wife.. We're both finally debt free and the RX has been her dream car since we were in high school! My family has been life long devoted customers to Toyota/Lexus and I let my case worker know that. again.. I really hope Lexus does something about this.
Old 06-01-17, 02:23 PM
lefty75
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the date of the first post and the last post on this thread and see if anything has changed on Lexus' end. I'm trading my car in soon, I've owned the Lexus brand since 1990 btw.
Old 06-01-17, 02:50 PM
FiveSeven
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lefty75
Check the date of the first post and the last post on this thread and see if anything has changed on Lexus' end. I'm trading my car in soon, I've owned the Lexus brand since 1990 btw.
I've did and some who complained at the start have been quiet since.. maybe Lexus did come through.

Quick Reply: 2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration