RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-16, 07:19 AM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default excessice noise and vibrations

I have purchased new five different models of Lexus over the years. A GS, SC, LS, GX and a new RX FSport. I hope my luck holds out. I have read numerous forum comments about vibration, noise, thumps, bumps, transmissions, axle wrap, hard seats, soft seats, pulling to the right, and too much lumbar support. I do not doubt some of you experience these problems. I also have owned 11 Toyota vehicles. Not once since 1978 (my first purchase) has any of the vehicles been back to the shop for a complaint. I did have a hard ride in one of my Lexus vehicles. It was because of those stupid Dunlop Run Flat tires. Took them off and put on a top of the line Michelin, and problem solved . A tire issue, not a Lexus issue. Hope everyone gets their problems solved. If you buy a BMW or Mercedes check their reliability. Your car will be spending a lot of time at the service department, and their costs to repair far exceed those of Lexus. If you wonder why I had so many cars, my wife and I always have one each and I get a new Toyota pickup for hauling, towing, etc. every 6 or 7 years.
Old 08-15-16, 07:38 AM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
I made the mistake you're making too. I bought Leather masters leather protector. The seats and everything is 0 percent leather. All fake. THere is a plastic coating on top. Which is why 303 is the best for it. Doesn't leave it greasy or anything. It is less greasy than armor all, more natural looking. You just have to keep buffing it. ANd if it is too much, wipe it down with a damp towel. Yes, it is indeed matte. I hate that armor all look as well.
Wait, you said the F Sport Seats aren't leather? My order sheet and window sticker from lexus says that they are leather.
Old 08-15-16, 08:59 AM
HerRx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 RX Noise and Vibration

Originally Posted by mccutcj
I have recently purchased a 2016 Lexus RX350. I love both the exterior and interior design along with the electronic driver aids. However, I am extremely disappointed with the excessive noise and vibration I have experienced from a standing stop.

This is my first purchase of a Lexus product and expected a much higher level of refinement.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Jim
Had same muffler noise and vibration. Dealer installed a "counterbalance type" mounting on the muffler and it seems to have helped slightly.
Old 08-15-16, 10:43 AM
lefty75
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HerRx
Had same muffler noise and vibration. Dealer installed a "counterbalance type" mounting on the muffler and it seems to have helped slightly.
So after the dealer "fix" it only helped slightly, so there's still noise and vibration? What did the dealer say?
Old 08-16-16, 08:20 AM
d725
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default vibration

So my problem is a buzzing vibration in the gas pedal - it's constant when accelerating and worse over bumps, etc. Bad enough to make your foot go numb after a few minutes. Only noticed/began about three days into ownership. Visited the dealer twice about it, and both times, they said they cannot feel anything unusual and everything is operating normally. I've only ever had this problem in 4cyl, CVT Nissan and Subaru before - never a 6cyl luxury vehicle.
Old 08-17-16, 12:50 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

Just got an email for a survey from LEXUS

Old 08-20-16, 09:00 AM
KJRodder
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish we would all receive this survey; I haven't gotten it. Interesting that they have a section for "Vehicle Vibration".
That section would get plenty of responses. Was just in to my dealer the other day taking another Lexus we have
in for service. I asked the service rep if anyone else had been complaining about the RX vibration issue. He said he
has received no other complaints other than mine. Judging from the response on this forum to this issue, that is
hard to believe.
Old 08-21-16, 07:13 PM
Radio88
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too got the survey about 3 weeks ago and expressed in detail the premature upshift/gear hunting and all that the problem causes. They give you an opportunity within each subject about the vehicle to voice yourself in detail after grading. I am kinda surprised not everyone gets this survey.
Old 08-22-16, 09:24 AM
d725
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never gotten a survey from Lexus either. Surprisingly, the dealer never emails one either. I did get an email from the dealer - 9 months after I bought the car, about coming in so they could teach me how to use the features on the car. LOL. Mind, I had that overview the day I bought it.
Old 08-22-16, 11:09 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So I want to pull the trigger on a new RX F Sport but I'm terrified I'll have this issue...
Old 08-22-16, 11:24 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by sick21
So I want to pull the trigger on a new RX F Sport but I'm terrified I'll have this issue...
Easy...thoroughly test drive the car you're intending to buy.
Old 08-22-16, 11:31 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ericsan13
Easy...thoroughly test drive the car you're intending to buy.
The nearest F Sport to where I live is 8 hours away. That makes it hard to thoroughly test it... But I will do my best! And hopefully I'm not making the trip for nothing.
Old 08-22-16, 06:24 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/MY1...ices-guide.pdf

Page 11

I'm sure you guys have done the three steps... Didn't know there was a third step? Maybe if ALL of you guys voice your concerns they would take notice?
Old 09-03-16, 09:10 PM
PCW
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration

There have been many posts on this forum regarding problems with the new 8 speed transmission. Having owned my 2016 RX350 for 5 months now I only drive it in the Sport Mode setting as that does seem to eliminate a lot of the jerky acceleration and shifting issues. Does anyone know if the dealer can set the computer to put the transmission in Sport mode every time the RX is started as the default mode? Or do I have to turn the **** every time to engage it? And when the new LC-500 arrives with their new 10 speed transmission I only hope it works as I am seriously considering that new coupe in the next couple of years.

I would appreciate any comments or assistance that can be provided. Thanks.

Last edited by kitlz; 09-05-16 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-04-16, 05:01 AM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RX Transmission and enform

I have a 16 F Sport and a 2012 LS with the 8 speed transmission. It takes a bit of practice with the 8 speed. Both of my vehicles shift smoothly. I find that when accelerating at a constant pedal pressure it shifts fine. When you
are up and down on the pedal it is jerky. I notice when my wife drives I feel the jerkiness, because she is up and down on the pedal.

Last edited by kitlz; 09-05-16 at 01:31 PM.

Quick Reply: 2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration