RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Where to put phone in RX (merged phone mounts thread)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-18, 06:41 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by DMVRX350F
Although it's probably one of the most expensive options, I highly recommend ProClip mounts. Your phone will fit like a glove bc you can customize it to the exact width of your phone. And it will most likely never fall out bc the width is set with a screw, making it somewhat difficult to change the width setting on the fly, but how often would you need to do that anyways. Plus, it's up and away (far right of center-right vent), which is my preferred location, as it doesn't block any of the center console and allows you to quickly/safely glance over while driving. I don't know how some people have their cell phone mounts down low. To me, that's an accident waiting to happen...

I have the following:
ProClip Lexus RX Series Center Dash Mount ($29.99)
https://www.proclipusa.com/product/8...p-center-mount
Adjustable iPhone Holder ($39.99) - opted for this holder bc I keep a thin TPU case on my phone at all times
https://www.proclipusa.com/product/5...o-medium-cases
thanks, i have looked at those a few times recently. do you have a picture of your install, by any chance?? or is it like the website photos.
is yours on the passenger center vent, far right side, ?? does it block airflow to the passanger being all the way to the side ??

thanks again !!
Old 02-21-18, 08:44 AM
DMVRX350F
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JSracer
thanks, i have looked at those a few times recently. do you have a picture of your install, by any chance?? or is it like the website photos.
is yours on the passenger center vent, far right side, ?? does it block airflow to the passanger being all the way to the side ??

thanks again !!
I placed mine on the far right side of the vent that's directly right of the analog clock. I'll take some pics and upload later tonight. Extremely happy with this setup.
Old 02-21-18, 02:27 PM
DMVRX350F
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JSracer

thanks again !!
Pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails Where to put phone in RX (merged phone mounts thread)-1.jpg   Where to put phone in RX (merged phone mounts thread)-2.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
JSracer (02-22-18)
Old 02-06-19, 01:42 PM
daoism76
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Smart phone holder recommandation?

Hello everyone I just bought a 2019 RX 350 F sport. I don't like the nav it comes with and would like to use google map for navigation instead. Any smart phone holder recommendation? Thanks
Old 02-06-19, 10:40 PM
PredatorRx
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use a dashboard friction mount (bean bag style, similar to the product in the link below) and an old phone holder, and place it on the left side of the dash near the window. Works well!
Amazon Amazon
The following users liked this post:
Sonnyblu62 (05-17-21)
Old 02-07-19, 04:47 AM
rxtimes2
Intermediate

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts

Like DMVRX350F, I have the Proclip installed on both of my RX,s. They work great, and you only need a short charging cable to the power outlet.
Old 02-07-19, 05:30 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Originally Posted by rxtimes2
Like DMVRX350F, I have the Proclip installed on both of my RX,s. They work great, and you only need a short charging cable to the power outlet.
what location did you choose ?? left of wheel, left center or right center ??
thinking right of center would not block the drivers center vents

thanks!!
Old 02-07-19, 07:06 AM
rxtimes2
Intermediate

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts

I followed the recommendation from Proclip (the video is good), and installed the mount in the center of the vent just to the right of the clock. I also used Proclips accessory called the Locking Move Clip on both cars, which let’s me leave the phone holder off when not in use, and also easily change my phone to my wife’s car.

Installation takes less than a minute, and the mount is strong and stable. I don’t like mounts that hook onto the flimsy vent vanes.

I have used Proclips on many cars over the years, and have always been satisfied with the company and product.

Last edited by rxtimes2; 02-07-19 at 07:11 AM.
Old 02-07-19, 10:59 AM
JSracer
Instructor

I followed the recommendation from Proclip (the video is good), and installed the mount in the center of the vent just to the right of the clock. I also used Proclips accessory called the Locking Move Clip on both cars, which let’s me leave the phone holder off when not in use, and also easily change my phone to my wife’s car.

Installation takes less than a minute, and the mount is strong and stable. I don’t like mounts that hook onto the flimsy vent vanes.

I have used Proclips on many cars over the years, and have always been satisfied with the company and product.

thanks,
appreciate the information
Old 02-07-19, 11:14 AM
daoism76
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks. I think I'll get this too...
Old 02-11-19, 04:56 AM
Kajnbabe
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by atomarchio
Where are people putting their cell phones in the 2016 RX? Inside one of the cup holders or somewhere else?

I tried opening that smaller compartment in the center console on the left hand side but my Samsung Galaxy S5 does not fit there.

I was surprised to find out my phone actually fit better in the NX console than the RX.

Anyone else have this issue? Would like to know how people are handling this?

Any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
My 2017 RX350 fSport has a compartment to the left of my steering wheel that opens and fits my Note9 in there. It's on the dash but lower than where the buttons for the trunk latch etc.
Old 02-12-19, 05:55 AM
tommytqt
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I use CD mount since i don't use CD anymore. It's kind of in the way but the phone was in a perfect reach as well as hidden a little bit if you look in from the outside. I don't want to see police pull me over because i just skip a song.
Old 02-12-19, 06:12 AM
TeKKieNYC
Driver

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I've been using this one for over a year now. It's absolutely excellent. Very small foot print, does not block anything, no magnets, and the flaps close when not in use. It's so far the most stable phone holder I've used. I do keep that vent closed as I don't want the phone to be heated or cooled

Amazon Amazon

Old 09-08-19, 06:00 PM
460hl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What phone mount options do you have? Preferably Pop Socket ideas.

Looking for a way to mount my phone, the vent is a tad too far to the reach, a cup holder phone mount would take up too much space. Thanks.
Old 09-08-19, 06:49 PM
Onion
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I used this in the car until I got the Android headunit. Note that it will block some buttons(mainly the hazard light)

Quick Reply: Where to put phone in RX (merged phone mounts thread)