ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 4th Gen (2016-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-present-273/)
-   -   4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-present/803482-4rx-interesting-discoveries-thread-good-or-bad.html)

DavoMS 11-16-15 08:29 AM

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)
 
Stolen from corrado and the NX forum. Very informative.

Hoping new owners will chime in.

winsalem 11-16-15 07:38 PM

I thought my A/C was broken...air wasn't coming out of the passenger side vents. Then discovered this by searching in the PDF '16 RX Owner's Manual:

S-FLOW mode

In S-FLOW mode, priority for the airflow is given to the front seats, reducing the airflow and air conditioning effect on the rear seats.

If a passenger is not detected in the front passenger seat, priority for the air-flow will be given to the driver's seat only.

In this case, the temperature indicator for the front passenger side will turn off. S-FLOW mode will be activated automatically according to the set temperature, outside temperature, etc. (P. 502)

The indicator comes on when S-FLOW mode is on.


As we say down South, well shut my mouth!

AndyL 11-16-15 11:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Learned from a Toyoda Gosei booth in 2015 Tokyo Motorshow. The 16' RX front grille has a new plating variation with platinum finish instead of the usual chrome finish.

AndyL 11-16-15 11:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the location of the SD card slot for RX equipped with navigation - quite hidden.

Note: the picture was taken from a Japan-spec RX in Lexus Gallery Aoyama, Tokyo (a Lexus dealership in Japan). So for US-spec RX, there is only one SD card slot and no "Panasonic Nanoe".

Ronn1 11-17-15 05:50 AM


Originally Posted by winsalem (Post 9255833)
I thought my A/C was broken...air wasn't coming out of the passenger side vents. Then discovered this by searching in the PDF '16 RX Owner's Manual:

S-FLOW mode

In S-FLOW mode, priority for the airflow is given to the front seats, reducing the airflow and air conditioning effect on the rear seats.

If a passenger is not detected in the front passenger seat, priority for the air-flow will be given to the driver's seat only.

In this case, the temperature indicator for the front passenger side will turn off. S-FLOW mode will be activated automatically according to the set temperature, outside temperature, etc. (P. 502)

The indicator comes on when S-FLOW mode is on.


As we say down South, well shut my mouth!

That is an awesome feature, and makes sense. Have fun with your new ride.

winsalem 11-17-15 09:56 AM

Discovered another brilliant feature which blows my mind:

"Front door opening linked windshield wiper stop function"
(vehicles with rain-sensing windshield wipers)

When “AUTO” is selected and the windshield wipers are operating, if a front door is opened, the operation of the windshield wipers will be stopped to prevent anyone near the vehicle from being sprayed by water from the wipers, provided the vehicle is stopped with the parking brake applied or the shift lever in P. When the front door is closed, wiper operation will resume.

AndyL 11-17-15 10:14 AM


Originally Posted by winsalem (Post 9256327)
Discovered another brilliant feature which blows my mind:

"Front door opening linked windshield wiper stop function"
(vehicles with rain-sensing windshield wipers)

When “AUTO” is selected and the windshield wipers are operating, if a front door is opened, the operation of the windshield wipers will be stopped to prevent anyone near the vehicle from being sprayed by water from the wipers, provided the vehicle is stopped with the parking brake applied or the shift lever in P. When the front door is closed, wiper operation will resume.

Great innovation!

DavoMS 11-20-15 06:28 PM

Come on guys... Lots of new owners and a lot of us are yet to see one. Post away and pics would be nice...:cool:

RXOwner 11-21-15 02:58 AM

Need more time but very good thread.

Update: only niggle I got right now is the DRL require the switch be in the "auto" mode which mean every time I start my vehicle and stop it in the garage it causes the LED headlights to turn on also. Wish there was a separate mode so that the DRL only ran as I fear the LED headlight will suffer undue wear turning on and off during the daylight when coming or leaving my garage.

AL13NV8D3R 11-23-15 04:31 AM

Does anybody know if the 12.3 inch navi screen will play a DVD video or bluray? And when playing will it use up 100% of the screen or only half? And does it have dolby digital piped to the mark levinson?

yardie876 11-23-15 04:36 AM


Originally Posted by RXOwner
Need more time but very good thread.

Update: only niggle I got right now is the DRL require the switch be in the "auto" mode which mean every time I start my vehicle and stop it in the garage it causes the LED headlights to turn on also. Wish there was a separate mode so that the DRL only ran as I fear the LED headlight will suffer undue wear turning on and off during the daylight when coming or leaving my garage.

You have nothing to worry about. LEDs handle on/off cycles much better than HIDs. Remember, your brake and indicator lights are LED too. ;)

RXOwner 11-23-15 04:47 AM


Originally Posted by yardie876 (Post 9262853)
You have nothing to worry about. LEDs handle on/off cycles much better than HIDs. Remember, your brake and indicator lights are LED too. ;)

I know you are right just hate to see it.

Love these tripple LEDs. They are bright and super white and instant!

hon3kong 11-26-15 02:51 PM

Door handles have 2 LEDs, the one on top is a LED line that lights up. the bottom LED light just contain 1 LED blub. Very nice touch!
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...f672a6eee1.jpg

corradoMR2 11-26-15 07:28 PM

A few discoveries...
 
OP, glad to have inspired and see this thread in the 4RX forum :thumbup:

Not an owner but a nice surprise to see the 4RX today in person.

A few discoveries. :p

1. The window frame is metal with plastic corners like the late IS and NX. Prior gen had the entire frame covered in black plastic.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...d828981fab.jpg


2. On the RX350, the fuel door is opened like the latest IS, and NX where you push on the door itself to pop it open (no button in the dash). On the 450h, it's via the traditional fuel button on the lower left side of the dash! (If you zoom in on the red interior pic of a 450h F Sport further below, you can see the fuel button)

3. I think we all knew this already, but now (personally I'm) 100% sure that both the 450h and the 350 are produced in Canada (Pic from the NGP 450h F Sport).

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...20fd6afd3e.jpg


4. The Silver trim is not plastic like in the RC, IS and NX, but real aluminum with superbly detailed grooves.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...8339a2642b.jpg


5. The rocker panel has a rigid plastic finish, unlike the NX's rubber flap which is not very effective in winter/snowy conditions (see here). The RX's doors have a lip that bend underneath potentially blocking snow from coming up. Curious to hear back from owners after snow hits the ground.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...27cff96572.jpg


And for good fun, here are some more pics at my dealer's launch event I attended tonight for their newly expanded dealer showroom!

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...98ecef880b.jpg

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...5d7b93e42e.jpg

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...cec87680f6.jpg

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...de3b1bdcbc.jpg

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...c3fccec12e.jpg

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...d65ce378c6.jpg

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...b948430003.jpg

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...c375204a3e.jpg
At the end of the evening, I went for a quick test drive and was temptingly nice. I miss the V6 power. And the 12.3" screen in person is impressive. Pics don't do it justice.

yardie876 11-26-15 07:57 PM

Is Lexus reintroducing pop up door locks? Not sure how I feel about that...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:32 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands