RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-15, 05:40 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by RON7
tried to change the number of blinks from 3 to 5 as posted by "DECHAR"
but not having much luck after many tries. Went to the original GS post
and followed directions but still no luck. Maybe these instructions do not
apply to the 4 RX. Has anyone else had any luck.
If you scrolled down in the thread, I realized the wiper stalk is different in the RX and GS. So this method wouldn't work. You'd have to get the dealer do it, or buy Bluetooth OBD and download Carista app.
Old 12-11-15, 05:51 PM
RON7
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Lane Change Blinks

Thank you , it makes me feel a little better.
Old 12-11-15, 09:34 PM
hon3kong
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kenforum
If possible, could you post some pics with these light on? Thanks!

The following users liked this post:
tempestv8 (03-19-18)
Old 12-11-15, 09:50 PM
hon3kong
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just realized a little difference between panorama and regular moon roof. With panorama roof, the first half of the roof are blacked out. It looks more aggressive with white exterior color IMO. For regular moon roof, it's body color on the area I circled.

Old 12-12-15, 02:31 PM
kenforum
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hon3kong

Thanks for the pics. It looks cool! Do you know if all RX have it or it comes only from some package or trim?
Old 12-12-15, 03:43 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by kenforum
Thanks for the pics. It looks cool! Do you know if all RX have it or it comes only from some package or trim?
Like the NX, this is standard equipment on the RX.
Old 12-13-15, 08:15 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Something which intrigues me is how different car interiors look at night.

Anyone care to share a night time pic with the ambient lighting of the interior?
Old 12-15-15, 08:24 AM
clar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a new 2016 RX recently. When I talk to my wife via bluetooth and iPhone 6s+, she can hear some faint noise that sounded like my tire rotation. When I stop at traffic light, she tells me the noise is gone. Very strange. I can't hear that type of rotation noise while I'm in the car.

I didn't believe her until she was driving today and I talked to her, then I heard that faint noise.

I'm wondering if the bluetooth mic was touching the metal somewhere and transmitted the vibration? Anyone else can hear that?
Old 12-15-15, 02:48 PM
dfc350
Driver

This was interesting to me as it's the first time I've experienced a car controlling itself.

This afternoon we were riding around town in our four-day-old RX 350 and I turned on the dynamic radar cruise control on a 45 mph main street. As it approached another car from behind, it slowed down as I had expected it would. But as the car ahead slowed to a full stop, so did ours, without my applying the brakes. (I covered the brake pedal anyway.) Then as the car ahead took off, so did ours, without my touching the accelerator.
Old 12-15-15, 05:11 PM
oliver9
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dfc350
This was interesting to me as it's the first time I've experienced a car controlling itself.

This afternoon we were riding around town in our four-day-old RX 350 and I turned on the dynamic radar cruise control on a 45 mph main street. As it approached another car from behind, it slowed down as I had expected it would. But as the car ahead slowed to a full stop, so did ours, without my applying the brakes. (I covered the brake pedal anyway.) Then as the car ahead took off, so did ours, without my touching the accelerator.
hi dfc350,
after a full stop, did you push the lever up to resume the DRCC or the RX automatically back on DRCC when you take your foot of the brakes?

according to 4RX owner's manual page 308
"After the vehicle ahead of you starts off, push the lever up.
Your vehicle will also resume follow-up cruising if the accelerator pedal is depressed after the vehicle ahead of you starts off"
Old 12-15-15, 05:20 PM
dfc350
Driver

Originally Posted by oliver9
after a full stop, did you push the lever up to resume the DRCC or the RX automatically back on DRCC when you take your foot of the brakes?
I hadn't seen that in the owner's manual, but no, I didn't do anything. The car acted entirely on its own. It sat still as long as the car in front wasn't moving, then when it took off, so did mine. It took a while because the following distance was set to 3 (maximum), but as soon as the car ahead was about 80-90 feet away, mine started moving. Didn't do a thing -- didn't touch the accelerator or the brake, although for safety's (habit's?) sake I hovered my foot over the brake pedal.
Old 12-15-15, 06:38 PM
oliver9
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dfc350
I hadn't seen that in the owner's manual, but no, I didn't do anything. The car acted entirely on its own. It sat still as long as the car in front wasn't moving, then when it took off, so did mine. It took a while because the following distance was set to 3 (maximum), but as soon as the car ahead was about 80-90 feet away, mine started moving. Didn't do a thing -- didn't touch the accelerator or the brake, although for safety's (habit's?) sake I hovered my foot over the brake pedal.
I will try that tonight. I apologize in advance to all the cars behind me while I am testing it.
Old 12-15-15, 06:50 PM
dfc350
Driver

Originally Posted by oliver9
I will try that tonight. I apologize in advance to all the cars behind me while I am testing it.
You know, I just reread your post, and it may have been that I pressed the accelerator out of habit when the car ahead took off. Maybe the whole experience was so novel to me that I didn't remember I had done it. Let me know how your experiment turns out.
Old 12-15-15, 10:40 PM
kormaster
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must be outdated when it comes to programming Home Link garage opener. New RX programming was THE EASIEST
Old 12-16-15, 01:38 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Ok, not a new feature and I am separated from my manual, but what is the button with the arrow pointing up between the drink holders on the front console do. I have pushed it and tried to even lift and nothing happens.
The following users liked this post:
DKeezer (01-28-20)

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)