RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-15, 10:39 AM
bdspilot
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by macdee
Could be an issue with iOS actually…

I used to have similar issue during iOS 9 betas (3RX though…). I was "fixing" that by "pinging" iPhone from my AppleWatch.

Volume was returning to normal after iPhone was making a sound by itself - a message alert, a phone call etc. Pinging it from AppleWatch, which results in iPhone producing an alert, so it can be found by sound in case you lost it, was the fastest way to fix the issue.

The issues SEEMS to have been fixed by now, but who knows if all cases were taken care of… You can try to call/msg your iPhone and see if the above potential solution works.
Thanks I will try when I get home. iPhone works fine on other car BMW.
Old 12-04-15, 12:44 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Have you tried to turn the volume up on your phone while it is connected via bluetooth to the car?
Old 12-04-15, 05:57 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have the ventilated seats, that could be where the noise is coming from. I've noticed one of the few times I've turned on the cooled seats on high in my 2010 RX, I can hear the hissing or whooshing sound which sounds like it's coming from behind.
The following users liked this post:
CHD (04-20-24)
Old 12-05-15, 09:45 AM
hkbruin2
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EMSLEXUSRX
If you have the ventilated seats, that could be where the noise is coming from. I've noticed one of the few times I've turned on the cooled seats on high in my 2010 RX, I can hear the hissing or whooshing sound which sounds like it's coming from behind.
I do have the ventilated seats but it's not coming from there. The gargling sound is definitely coming from the engine bay while the climate control is on.definitely sounds like liquid churning.
Old 12-05-15, 11:05 AM
noeldavid
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

On the 2016 RX 350 you can hear the Electric Parking Brake and Brake Hold making a loud whizzing noise. I tried to ask many sales people about it but none of them knew where the noise came from. It's very high pitched mechanical whizz that lasts about a whole second. I have never tried the Hold Brake function but I guess it would make the whizzing sound every time the car stops.

Last edited by noeldavid; 12-05-15 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-05-15, 11:09 AM
noeldavid
Rookie

Here is a video on how to apply and cancel the Electric Parking Brake and Brake Hold on the NX (press brake push down P).

Old 12-05-15, 11:16 AM
noeldavid
Rookie

Another discovery or weird thing I feel is the inflation on the lumber support changes with acceleration. I have felt the back pressure change to better support the back while accelerating or it could also be I am crazy.
Old 12-05-15, 03:17 PM
hkbruin2
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by noeldavid
Another discovery or weird thing I feel is the inflation on the lumber support changes with acceleration. I have felt the back pressure change to better support the back while accelerating or it could also be I am crazy.
No I don't think you are crazy. I noticed that as well, thinking maybe it's a glitch?
Old 12-06-15, 01:43 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by noeldavid
Originally Posted by hkbruin2
No I don't think you are crazy. I noticed that as well, thinking maybe it's a glitch?
Or it's just the movement of you moving back into your seat more when accelerating. Power!
Old 12-06-15, 08:21 AM
Mdme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Or it's just the movement of you moving back into your seat more when accelerating. Power!
Nice thought! :-)

Or...the seats do do that to give you the illusion of more power!
Old 12-06-15, 10:35 AM
bdspilot
Driver

Did anyone get the cargo mat and net with their new Lexus this is the first one I've bought that hasn't had it included. The dealer doesn't even have them right now
Old 12-06-15, 10:40 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by bdspilot
Did anyone get the cargo mat and net with their new Lexus this is the first one I've bought that hasn't had it included. The dealer doesn't even have them right now
I had an extra one from a previous Lexus but it was a little too small. Had to improvise a bit to make it work. The net is only included in the Accessories package which includes other things like wheel locks and cargo liner.

Here's a new one that is made for the 2016 RX:
http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/272042608299

Last edited by dchar; 12-06-15 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Grammar and additional info
Old 12-06-15, 11:08 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Strange but I did not get one either. I do not use the net but I know some do.
Old 12-06-15, 12:11 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

My car came with it as part of the preferred accessory package.
Old 12-06-15, 12:19 PM
bdspilot
Driver

Originally Posted by SoKali-GS
My car came with it as part of the preferred accessory package.
I got the luxury package

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)