ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022-273/)
-   -   4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022/803482-4rx-interesting-discoveries-thread-good-or-bad.html)

DMPesso 06-14-19 04:21 PM

I wasn’t even aware we had a pause button in the RX :dunno:

Supranut 06-14-19 08:56 PM

It only works on HD Radio and XM satellite radio.

dunyamunya 06-15-19 11:47 AM

Yes, you can pause and continue. You can also rewind.

One thing I didn't know and just found out by accident, the headrests in f sort slide forward and can be locked in place. They can be unlocked by sliding all the way forward to go back.

DMPesso 06-15-19 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by dunyamunya (Post 10542136)

One thing I didn't know and just found out by accident, the headrests in f sort slide forward and can be locked in place. They can be unlocked by sliding all the way forward to go back.

I think all the rx have that, not just f sport. How do you rewind, I haven’t noticed any rewind buttons, this really is sounding like a joke now

dunyamunya 06-15-19 12:18 PM

You have to go through the onscreen options. I will try to make a video. See picture for now.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...c09735d162.jpg

dunyamunya 06-15-19 12:24 PM

Here is video of how to rewind and pause radio. Hope it works.

DMPesso 06-15-19 12:47 PM

Wow that’s sick. Thanks guys. This is only for FM radio right? Pretty cool to be able to rewind the radio if you hear a song you like! What about the Sirius radio, can I rewind that too ?

Also is there a quick mute button? My old GS had the button in the steering wheel you press to mute the sound in the car.

qvtruong 06-15-19 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by dunyamunya (Post 10542136)

Regarding the headrest...I feel dumb lol 😂 thanks

dunyamunya 06-15-19 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by DMPesso (Post 10542182)
Wow that’s sick. Thanks guys. This is only for FM radio right? Pretty cool to be able to rewind the radio if you hear a song you like! What about the Sirius radio, can I rewind that too ?

Also is there a quick mute button? My old GS had the button in the steering wheel you press to mute the sound in the car.

Tried with FM only, so don't know about others.

dunyamunya 06-15-19 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by qvtruong (Post 10542184)
Regarding the headrest...I feel dumb lol 😂 thanks

You and me both...

Nail34 06-15-19 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by DMPesso (Post 10542182)

Press the mode button on the left side of the steering wheel for 2 or 3 seconds to mute, reverse to un-mute.

gadgetman1 06-15-19 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by dunyamunya (Post 10542159)
You have to go through the onscreen options. I will try to make a video. See picture for now.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...c09735d162.jpg

Wait, where’s the HD Radio? Either I’m really stupid or my 2016 doesn’t have that...

kolokmee 06-16-19 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by gadgetman1 (Post 10542309)
Wait, where’s the HD Radio? Either I’m really stupid or my 2016 doesn’t have that...

It's just FM radio. If your local station broadcasts in HD, your radio will pick it up and display the HD symbol. Some stations have the analog FM and digital HD-FM on separate frequencies.

You can do a Scan of your FM stations. Most stations typically add a -HD suffix to the station name for their HD channels.

gadgetman1 06-16-19 07:08 AM

I found the pause feature, but I’m clueless on the HD Radio. I’m pretty sure there are no HD stations where I live, but I have traveled to lots of areas that do have it & have never seen it pop up on the screen. It wouldn’t surprise me if my system is broken, as we’ve had nothing but trouble with it & the entire unit had to be replaced.

guxu 09-27-19 08:29 AM

I tried it yesterday. Regular FM can do pause and rewind too, not just HD or XM radio.

Also noticed the traffic information improved a lot in my area. (I know our factory navigation is outdated. But the traffic information is free and does not require any cell data.) If you move the mouse over the instance icon and click it, our RX will announce the location and the traffic instance type.