ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022-273/)
-   -   4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022/803482-4rx-interesting-discoveries-thread-good-or-bad.html)

2ndName 04-11-19 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Getty (Post 10489995)
Reading this I had to go out and check. While I wouldn't tell someone that's WHY they did it... they DID in fact, do it. On any other car (I've seen) the seat-bottoms aren't finished, meanwhile... yep... go feel it. The bottom of the seats are finished as far as I can reach! The shoe-polishing thing is funny... but it's actually pretty wild, the attention to detail. If you own any other car... check 'em... I bet they aren't.

Haha, nice!

GSFRX350 04-11-19 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Getty (Post 10489995)
Reading this I had to go out and check. While I wouldn't tell someone that's WHY they did it... they DID in fact, do it. On any other car (I've seen) the seat-bottoms aren't finished, meanwhile... yep... go feel it. The bottom of the seats are finished as far as I can reach! The shoe-polishing thing is funny... but it's actually pretty wild, the attention to detail. If you own any other car... check 'em... I bet they aren't.

It's just purely so you don't scuff shoes not polish them. Lol "Polish your shoes" these salesmen will make up any crap to sell a car.

Getty 04-11-19 03:41 PM

Yes I see where you'd find the humor in that sales-pitch, but the cool thing is... it's ACTUALLY finished through most of the bottom! It doesn't matter if the guy is throwing out a ridiculous line when the feature is actually there. I love the mirrors that fold in automatically when locking the car... you could come up with some funny explanations for it... or better still the cup-holder that goes deep enough to hide/hold a big beer or bottle of wine? LOL... oh... what are they trying to encourage here?

It was just funny hearing that joke earlier, about the salesman... (yes, that's what I was referring to a couple posts up)... and going out to see that it REALLY IS finished almost all the way underneath!

guxu 04-18-19 07:55 AM

I had to check as well. The carpet under there is so soft... But to be fair, my $20k Mitsubishi Outlander has front seats bottom finished too.

Alexus415 05-27-19 03:14 PM

I just found out today that i have the most useless feature on my car. The headlamp washer 😂😂😂

toyotaman7 05-27-19 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Alexus415 (Post 10527562)
I just found out today that i have the most useless feature on my car. The headlights washer 😂😂😂

I actually find the headlamp washers really useful in our winters in Canada.

gadgetman1 05-27-19 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Alexus415 (Post 10527562)
I just found out today that i have the most useless feature on my car. The headlamp washer 😂😂😂

Its only useful to those that drive in the snow belt (to remove salt splash) & areas with splashing mud.

rxtimes2 05-28-19 02:56 AM

I also have the headlamp washers, but have never used them. Let’s see, you wash the windshield four times, hold your mouth in a slight smile, and pat your head smartly three times. Then, I guess, they come on. Couldn’t they just have put a push and release button over on the left where all the blank buttons are?

Alexus415 05-28-19 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by rxtimes2 (Post 10527913)
I also have the headlamp washers, but have never used them. Let’s see, you wash the windshield four times, hold your mouth in a slight smile, and pat your head smartly three times. Then, I guess, they come on. Couldn’t they just have put a push and release button over on the left where all the blank buttons are?

If you've ever cleaned your window while your lights are on then they got washed you probably didn't see bec. You were in the driver seat.

rxtimes2 05-28-19 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Alexus415 (Post 10528037)
If you've ever cleaned your window while your lights are on then they got washed you probably didn't see bec. You were in the driver seat.

I am sure that you are right. I will have to get my wife to to wash the headlamps so that I can watch. The little doors are cool. Took me awhile to figure out what the little oval things were.

guxu 06-12-19 09:37 AM

Not sure if it was mentioned before, but I recently noticed that when I was listening live radio and decided to make a phone call, RX did not just mute the radio, it actually recorded the live radio and resumed it after call ended.

gadgetman1 06-12-19 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by guxu (Post 10539787)
Not sure if it was mentioned before, but I recently noticed that when I was listening live radio and decided to make a phone call, RX did not just mute the radio, it actually recorded the live radio and resumed it after call ended.

WHAT???? I don’t have that on my 2016 RX. Do you have the ML system?

DMPesso 06-14-19 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by gadgetman1 (Post 10539860)
WHAT???? I don’t have that on my 2016 RX. Do you have the ML system?

There is no way this is true lol

golferjack 06-14-19 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by DMPesso (Post 10541475)
There is no way this is true lol

Yep, I have it on my 2018 RX 450HL. Luxury package.

ericsan13 06-14-19 03:56 PM

Just try it. Works on my 2016 RX450h with ML.

Press pause while listening to the radio. Then play to see if it will resume. Report back?