RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-18, 05:04 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,343 Likes on 1,691 Posts

Originally Posted by Nail34
I just went outside and pulled the rear hatch down, all the way to close, no problem.
That a boy😁
Old 04-23-18, 08:10 PM
Nail34
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
That a boy😁
It's all about visualization, actualization, technique, and, most importantly, tall enough to reach the top of the hatch!! LOL
Old 04-27-18, 10:54 AM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

It happened today to me! I was moving into a parking lot at less than a few mile per hour with my foot on the brake pedal when the "brake!" stopped the car. I thought I hit the wall, but the RX was 1 foot from the wall. The RX actually brakes even when I was in the process of slowing down the car myself with my foot on the brake. I was reading somewhere that the RX would brake before hitting going forward, but I was not sure if one has to accelerate or not having the brake pedal depressed. In my situation, none of those were required.
Old 04-27-18, 11:58 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 465 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by ut2sua
It happened today to me! I was moving into a parking lot at less than a few mile per hour with my foot on the brake pedal when the "brake!" stopped the car. I thought I hit the wall, but the RX was 1 foot from the wall. The RX actually brakes even when I was in the process of slowing down the car myself with my foot on the brake. I was reading somewhere that the RX would brake before hitting going forward, but I was not sure if one has to accelerate or not having the brake pedal depressed. In my situation, none of those were required.
I have a piece of 2x4 on the floor of the garage that I slowly roll up to and stop. A week or so ago, I guess I rolled up to it a bit faster than usual and......it braked on its own and stopped. I think the dash display said something like "BRAKE!". Startled me!
Old 08-26-18, 05:34 PM
cp2012
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure if this has been discussed but the sales person was saying if you pop in a DVD it will play on the Navigation.

It would be nice, if someone can compile all the discoveries into one thread in a nice summary and sticky it for others.
Old 08-27-18, 08:21 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,343 Likes on 1,691 Posts

Originally Posted by cp2012
I'm not sure if this has been discussed but the sales person was saying if you pop in a DVD it will play on the Navigation.

It would be nice, if someone can compile all the discoveries into one thread in a nice summary and sticky it for others.
I presume it wouldn't allow that while in drive.
Old 08-29-18, 06:19 AM
AkiD
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy Anyone else having problems with "Ok Google"?

Had an iPhone 6s, but went and bought a Galaxy Note 9 (great phone btw). Everything seems to work fine on my 17 RX450h EXCEPT "Ok Google".

Ok Google doesn't register except on my phone. Car doesn't react AT ALL. My iPhone's Siri worked fine. It came up on the Nav screen any time I called up Siri
but OK Google seems to only come across my phone. Calls/text etc work fine.

I just transferred my nano SIM from my iPhone to my Note so that MAY be the problem (there's been known issues xferring an iPhone SIM to an Android). so I'm
going to the Verizon store this evening after work to get a new SIM programmed but I thought I'd check and see if anyone else is having similar (or other) problems.

thanks,
-aki
Old 08-29-18, 07:44 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by AkiD
Had an iPhone 6s, but went and bought a Galaxy Note 9 (great phone btw). Everything seems to work fine on my 17 RX450h EXCEPT "Ok Google".

Ok Google doesn't register except on my phone. Car doesn't react AT ALL. My iPhone's Siri worked fine. It came up on the Nav screen any time I called up Siri

I just transferred my nano SIM from my iPhone to my Note so that MAY be the problem (there's been known issues xferring an iPhone SIM to an Android). so I'm
going to the Verizon store this evening after work to get a new SIM programmed but I thought I'd check and see if anyone else is having similar (or other) problems.

thanks,
-aki
Are you sure it’s just not Lexus’s low tech infotainment interface with your new, high tech phone? You can buy a used Chevy with Android/Apple Car Play, but not a one year old Lexus. If there was one thing I could change on my car, that would be it. Everything else seems to work flawlessly. Let us know what happens!
Old 08-29-18, 08:50 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 507 Likes on 363 Posts

thanks,
-aki
Toyota/Lexus does not support anything Google. No Android compatibly support. Siri EyesFree is included in RX. Some of the latest "state of the art" Lexus and Toyotas have Apple car play, but no Android Auto on any Toyota Product.....
Old 08-29-18, 08:59 AM
AkiD
Rookie

Originally Posted by toyotaman7

Toyota/Lexus does not support anything Google. No Android compatibly support. Siri EyesFree is included in RX. Some of the latest "state of the art" Lexus and Toyotas have Apple car play, but no Android Auto on any Toyota Product.....
..I think we may be speaking apples/oranges. I understand Toyota doesn't support Android Auto however, Google voice command is a different animal. Siri is not Carplay for example.
My car does not have Carplay nor Android Auto yet it worked fine transferring Hey Siri commands to the nav screen.

Old 08-29-18, 09:49 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 507 Likes on 363 Posts

..I think we may be speaking apples/oranges. I understand Toyota doesn't support Android Auto however, Google voice command is a different animal. Siri is not Carplay for example.
My car does not have Carplay nor Android Auto yet it worked fine transferring Hey Siri commands to the nav screen.
Siri EyesFree is an Apple interface for some cars that do not have Apple Carplay. Lexus offers Apple Siri Eyesfree on RX. No Google assistant support though.
The following 2 users liked this post by toyotaman7:
Danushie (08-10-21), jal8344 (10-27-19)
Old 08-29-18, 09:51 AM
AkiD
Rookie

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
Siri EyesFree is an Apple interface for some cars that do not have Apple Carplay. Lexus offers Apple Siri Eyesfree on RX. No Google assistant support though.

very frustrating. thanks.
Old 09-06-18, 10:08 AM
guxu
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi and RX (via Bluetooth), Enform App Suite actually uses the Wi-Fi instead of phone's data.

Old 09-06-18, 10:24 AM
AkiD
Rookie

Originally Posted by guxu

When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi and RX (via Bluetooth), Enform App Suite actually uses the Wi-Fi instead of phone's data.

The RX's don't have WiFi. At least it wasn't an option in my 17 RX450h. Maybe the 18's?
Old 09-06-18, 11:36 AM
guxu
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

The RX's don't have WiFi. At least it wasn't an option in my 17 RX450h. Maybe the 18's?
They don't have WiFi. That's why we need a cellphone as a "bridge" for RX to use WiFi.

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)