RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-17, 10:45 AM
syntxerr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nail34
My car is a '17 RX-S
RX-S? Huh?
Old 07-17-17, 09:40 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

RX-S = RX F Sport
Old 07-25-17, 09:05 AM
Entimos
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kattatonik
So, I managed to wash BOTH key fobs to my '17 RX at the same time. One was in my jeans and the other in Hubby's jeans. Lo and behold, they both STILL WORK and smell GREAT!!! Thank you Lexus engineers, for thinking of us forgetful folks who don't always check our pockets.
That is so good to hear. Washed my bimmer keys once and they never worked the same again. I am careful now but it is still good to know.
Old 07-25-17, 09:13 AM
Entimos
Driver School Candidate

Default Why are Canadian specs different?

I am just wondering: why did they change the overall specs on the RX for Canada?

We get all weather floor mats and a wireless charger. The US gets Enform with traffic and weather alerts. There might be other changes but I am not sure about those. Who is getting the better deal?

Curious.
Old 07-25-17, 10:46 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by kattatonik
So, I managed to wash BOTH key fobs to my '17 RX at the same time. One was in my jeans and the other in Hubby's jeans. Lo and behold, they both STILL WORK and smell GREAT!!! Thank you Lexus engineers, for thinking of us forgetful folks who don't always check our pockets.
Swam in the ocean with my fob and remote starter (forgot them in my pockets). Fob survived without a frop in it (yes I opened it to get it to dry but it was actually dry already) but my remote starter was toast with acid leak from the battery. Had to order an new one.
Old 07-25-17, 11:05 AM
MisterQ
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Entimos
I am just wondering: why did they change the overall specs on the RX for Canada?

We get all weather floor mats and a wireless charger. The US gets Enform with traffic and weather alerts. There might be other changes but I am not sure about those. Who is getting the better deal?

Curious.
Wireless charger comes with either F3 or Exec package, not a standard option as it's not available on the base/Lux/F2 model

I was also disappointed to discover that weather forecast is not available in Canada. Enform app can be downloaded, but Enform Remote is not available in Canada as well.
Old 07-25-17, 11:43 AM
Entimos
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MisterQ
Wireless charger comes with either F3 or Exec package, not a standard option as it's not available on the base/Lux/F2 model

I was also disappointed to discover that weather forecast is not available in Canada. Enform app can be downloaded, but Enform Remote is not available in Canada as well.

Ah, so we are not that special. Oh well. I did find it interesting that I was listening to the CBC yesterday (with is taking up most of the big screen) and the weather forecast showed up under the station details. How do I get to see all the words? Anyone?
Old 07-25-17, 12:37 PM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterQ
Enform app can be downloaded, but Enform Remote is not available in Canada as well.

Enform is only available for the LC500(h) in Canada. This is why it is available for download.

Last edited by PeeVee; 07-26-17 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-25-17, 07:09 PM
Nail34
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

Curious.
I'll trade you my Enform for 1 of your all weather car mats.
Old 07-25-17, 07:43 PM
Old300
Driver School Candidate

Curious.
I've never gotten an answer that made sense about why there is no wireless charger offered in the US version of the RX. As I recall, I've found 2 other 2017 Lexus models that offer factory installed wireless charger. Every time I'm at my dealer, I check with the Parts Dept, hoping that Lexus will offer it as a dealer installed accessory.
Old 08-02-17, 02:44 PM
guxu
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

A couple days ago, when I entered our RX after visiting a park, I immediately noticed my seat was moved. It was too high, and too close to the steering wheel. I pushed the memory 1 button and it returned to the normal position. I was kind of worried. Maybe someone tampered the RX? Maybe it was a electronic glitch and my RX had random issues?

After awhile, I realized it was my wife who opened the door at that time. The RX picked up her remote and recalled her seat position
Old 08-02-17, 04:17 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 213 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by guxu
A couple days ago, when I entered our RX after visiting a park, I immediately noticed my seat was moved. It was too high, and too close to the steering wheel. I pushed the memory 1 button and it returned to the normal position. I was kind of worried. Maybe someone tampered the RX? Maybe it was a electronic glitch and my RX had random issues?

After awhile, I realized it was my wife who opened the door at that time. The RX picked up her remote and recalled her seat position
That happened to us also! Now my wife always asks if she needs to bring her key.
Old 08-03-17, 04:56 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 213 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Old300
I've never gotten an answer that made sense about why there is no wireless charger offered in the US version of the RX. As I recall, I've found 2 other 2017 Lexus models that offer factory installed wireless charger. Every time I'm at my dealer, I check with the Parts Dept, hoping that Lexus will offer it as a dealer installed accessory.
Do you know if the wiring is all there to "plug & play" the wireless charger? If so, I will see if I can order one & put it in myself.
Old 08-03-17, 05:09 AM
Old300
Driver School Candidate

I have no idea if the wiring is present for the wireless phone charger. Parts and Service Depts are clueless about the wireless charger, I suppose because it's not offered in the RX in the US market.
I have asked the Dealership Technology Consultant (aka techno nerd) why the wireless charger is not offered in the RX. It was his understanding that Lexus drivers (at least in the US), tend to be iPhone users, and that the Qi wireless charger only works with Android phones. Apparently, Toyota drivers are more likely Android users than iPhone. Where this reasoning falls apart is that I've noticed that the LX 570 offers the Qi wireless charger. Also, if Lexus drivers tend to be iPhone users, why not offer the wireless charger as a dealer-installed option?
Old 08-03-17, 07:07 AM
guxu
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Sometimes there is no explanation for manufacturer's decisions, other than they are stupid. Mitsubishi purposely disabled daytime running lights on 2016 Outlander for US market only. It was not a North American thing since Canadian model has them. It was not a safety or regulation thing either since they enabled them on 2017 model.

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)