RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-17, 04:54 PM
Nail34
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

At the 5,000 mile complimentary service I asked the dealer to:

1. While pressing the unlock button on the electronic key for 3 seconds have all the windows open followed by the moon roof tilt and then the moon roof opening. This process will stop any time you stop pressing the unlock button and will continue when you press and hold the unlock for 3 seconds again.

2. Change the sensitivity of the touchless sensor on the power back door from low to medium.

3.Stop the chime from sounding when operating the power back door.

4. Link the automatic mirror fold/extend operation to the engine switch.

5. Turn off the ding, ding, ding, etc when the seatbelt is not fastened.

Also I asked the service guy to "advise only" on the TSB re the hesitation and at this time I am not having the software update because he said it cannot be reversed, the hesitation is minor and really dose not bother me and I am getting very good mpg and I do not want to take the chance that it will decrease.

I just loved the car before and now for me it's even better, much better!!
My car is a '17 RX-S
The following users liked this post:
Entimos (07-25-17)
Old 06-17-17, 04:13 PM
GregT
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nail34
At the 5,000 mile complimentary service I asked the dealer to:

5. Turn off the ding, ding, ding, etc when the seatbelt is not fastened.

My car is a '17 RX-S
The dealer turned off the seatbelt warning? I didn't think they could do that because of safety/legal liability.
Old 06-18-17, 08:56 AM
Nail34
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GregT
The dealer turned off the seatbelt warning? I didn't think they could do that because of safety/legal liability.
The police enforce the mandatory wearing of the seat belt, however I don't believe in CA there is a law regarding a seat belt warning. My son has an Infinity hybrid and it came without a seat belt warning and that's where I got the idea to turn it off or at least delay it.
I live at the end of a long driveway, I stop the at mailbox then drive slowly (5 mph) to my garage. The dinging starts well before I park and, as we all know, it demands attention. I do not want to put my seat belt back on to drive down my own driveway.
I'm very happy it's gone.
I know you only asked about the legal aspect, I thought I would also mention the why.
Old 06-18-17, 09:39 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

The police enforce the mandatory wearing of the seat belt, however I don't believe in CA there is a law regarding a seat belt warning. My son has an Infinity hybrid and it came without a seat belt warning and that's where I got the idea to turn it off or at least delay it.
I live at the end of a long driveway, I stop the at mailbox then drive slowly (5 mph) to my garage. The dinging starts well before I park and, as we all know, it demands attention. I do not want to put my seat belt back on to drive down my own driveway.
I'm very happy it's gone.
I know you only asked about the legal aspect, I thought I would also mention the why.
I asked for my headlights to be adjusted up slightly, as they were great for spotting potholes 200 ft down the road, but useless is seeing anything but a lit billboard at night. They said the techs couldn't do it by law, but the foreman & service advisor could. I completely understand about the seatbelt annoyance - I have the very same issue, but just put the belt back on.
Old 06-18-17, 10:31 AM
Nail34
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
I asked for my headlights to be adjusted up slightly, as they were great for spotting potholes 200 ft down the road, but useless is seeing anything but a lit billboard at night. They said the techs couldn't do it by law, but the foreman & service advisor could. I completely understand about the seatbelt annoyance - I have the very same issue, but just put the belt back on.
I also asked for the headlights to be adjusted higher and they said no because if it contributed to an accident they would be liable. Thanks for the tip, I'll ask the foreman, is that the same as the service manager?? I can't imagine the the service advisor could, but I will ask anyway.
I don't need to put the seat belt on any more!!! LOL
Old 06-18-17, 10:42 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

I also asked for the headlights to be adjusted higher and they said no because if it contributed to an accident they would be liable. Thanks for the tip, I'll ask the foreman, is that the same as the service manager?? I can't imagine the the service advisor could, but I will ask anyway.
I don't need to put the seat belt on any more!!! LOL
The shop foreman was a guy that is not out with the public. Every dealer seems to do things a little differently. I've seen some dealers have a "service director" that wears a tie & oversees everything parts, paint & mechanical. The headlight tweak was just enough & I can see great now & no one flashes me. Life is good.
Nail34 (06-18-17)
Old 06-30-17, 11:13 PM
kattatonik
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I managed to wash BOTH key fobs to my '17 RX at the same time. One was in my jeans and the other in Hubby's jeans. Lo and behold, they both STILL WORK and smell GREAT!!! Thank you Lexus engineers, for thinking of us forgetful folks who don't always check our pockets.
Old 07-06-17, 12:52 PM
DennisK
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Spindle on Front, Spindle on back

Okay... I admit I do not pay a lot of attention to detail but I just noticed today that the "spindle" is also carved into the back of the RX350. Stand back and look at the lines, pretty cool. And just to think, I have only owned this vehicle for 6 months! It's the little things...
Old 07-06-17, 07:03 PM
LordBowral
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by guxu
Not sure if it was mentioned before, but the Enform remote start is so slow. I tried about three times, hoping the remote start would cool down the car a little bit. The first two times the engine was never started before I opened the door. The 3rd time the engine did start, when I was two or three steps away from the car. And the engine stopped when I opened the door.
Are you using your iphone to start the vehicle ? is it working now ? Im in Australia and we cant access the app here through iTunes , so im wondering if I download it from the US app store wether it will start the car or not ?
Many thanks
Old 07-07-17, 07:44 AM
guxu
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LordBowral
Are you using your iphone to start the vehicle ? is it working now ? Im in Australia and we cant access the app here through iTunes , so im wondering if I download it from the US app store wether it will start the car or not ?
Many thanks
I am using a Android phone, if that matters. My understanding is this feature uses the cellphone network. I do not know if Lexus has partnership with Australia's mobile providers.

Unlike my other vehicles with a physical button on the remote that can start the engine instantly, this Enform thing will go through my cellphone's network using data, then reach to RX's cellphone network. The process is so slow and you have to plan well ahead to use this feature.
Old 07-13-17, 08:14 AM
jhleek
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Locking RX with engine running

We are going on a road trip with our dog and wanted to be able to leave the car running but locked when we took a pit stop.

After trying several ideas and asking the dealer I was told it couldnt be done on a 2016 RX
Then the technology guy called me back with this solution:

With car running put driver's window down.
Exit car with fob
Reach through and press the lock button
Pull up the window close button

The car is now locked and running!

To re-enter though you need to use the physical key from the fob as the fob buttons are disabled

Dog and Mommy happy!

joe
Old 07-13-17, 10:31 AM
FSportWaxy
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Active Weather Radar

On my way to the golf course yesterday I was getting a ton of weather alerts from my phone, so I decided to check & see if the information tab had detailed weather forecasts, specifically radar. To my surprise, there was! Pic posted below, came in pretty handy since I was able to stop home and grab some rain gear.

Old 07-13-17, 11:22 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by jhleek
We are going on a road trip with our dog and wanted to be able to leave the car running but locked when we took a pit stop.

After trying several ideas and asking the dealer I was told it couldnt be done on a 2016 RX
Then the technology guy called me back with this solution:

With car running put driver's window down.
Exit car with fob
Reach through and press the lock button
Pull up the window close button

The car is now locked and running!

To re-enter though you need to use the physical key from the fob as the fob buttons are disabled

Dog and Mommy happy!

joe
Why can't you just lock your door with the physical key while the car is running?
Old 07-15-17, 05:14 AM
Anipilot
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FSportWaxy
On my way to the golf course yesterday I was getting a ton of weather alerts from my phone, so I decided to check & see if the information tab had detailed weather forecasts, specifically radar. To my surprise, there was! Pic posted below, came in pretty handy since I was able to stop home and grab some rain gear.

Where is the information tab? Rather how do you get to it? Does this need the Enform or Sirius XM subscription, I have that in my trial period.
Old 07-15-17, 07:21 AM
jhleek
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ericsan13
Why can't you just lock your door with the physical key while the car is running?
I tried that. When you pull the handle to insert the key, the door opens.
If you use the fob itself, the car shuts down
ericsan13 (07-17-17)

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)