RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-16, 07:15 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by sandy14
They should come on when you open the door. There're hard to see in the sunlight. If you can't see them at night you need service.
Are you sure you have them. Whats the Sticker say?
Old 02-27-16, 07:24 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by and408rew
I made a quick sharp left and all of a sudden the car warns me to take the car to the dealership. A lot of the features said were malfunctioned (line assist and ABS). I'm a little annoyed.

Anyone else run into this?
First I have read about this so not a common occurrence.
Get it fixed asap.
Old 02-27-16, 10:09 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by bootman
First I have read about this so not a common occurrence.
Get it fixed asap.
I would like to know the cause if possible. Thats interesting. Could be mechanically or just as simple as an electrical ground issue
Old 02-27-16, 06:03 PM
ChrisAZ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bobyg
I have the same issue. Did they fix it for you?
I had my RX 350 in last week for a rattle and brought this gurgling sound up. I was told they test drove my RX and a similar RX and the sound is "normal." They did say they had one other complaint.
Old 02-28-16, 08:41 AM
Lions81
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The first dealership I went to before I picked up my RX a few days ago and they showed me that you can stop your trunk from closing by simply pressing on the rubber that encircles the trunk door "the safety stop sensor that encircles door to prevent entrapment" I don't suggest using it, other then an emergency, but it does work.
Old 02-29-16, 01:33 PM
Legolas2
Rookie

Originally Posted by Legolas2
Hi
Do I need to do something special to enable my Phone Contact pictures? The contacts are transferred over but not their pictures. FYI, I have a Nexus-6 w/ Android-M
Bumping my own post...

Does your RX show Caller's Photo? I get the name/number but not their picture.
Old 03-01-16, 12:34 PM
ghabicht
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sandy14
They should come on when you open the door. There're hard to see in the sunlight. If you can't see them at night you need service.
The interior lights have to be turned on when the door is opened for the door sills to light up. Switch is on the overhead console.
Old 03-01-16, 01:45 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Legolas2
Bumping my own post...

Does your RX show Caller's Photo? I get the name/number but not their picture.
I didn't get a pic with a nexus 6 but i just got the new S7 edge and that did show a pic.
So I think it is dependent on the phone and not the Lexus system.
On my 14 ES only a Nokia windows phone ever showed the pics, Iphone 5 nor the nexus 6 ever did.
Old 03-02-16, 09:37 AM
curf
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a Samsung S6 and the pictures show on the display.
Old 03-02-16, 09:44 AM
ghabicht
Rookie

Originally Posted by curf
I have a Samsung S6 and the pictures show on the display.
My Samsung 5 shows up as well....
Old 03-02-16, 10:41 AM
bootman
Intermediate

And those with Samsung phone are also getting text read to them, etc correct?
Old 03-02-16, 10:42 AM
ghabicht
Rookie

Originally Posted by bootman
and those with samsung phone are also getting text read to them, etc correct?
that is correct.
Old 03-03-16, 10:48 AM
Legolas2
Rookie

Default USB Media

Okay, been dealing w/ this and can't get it to work just right. I have added some media on a USB nano-drive and it sits inconspicuously in the center console. Like it

]Media playback from USB
When you browse a "folder", the sort is not by filename. Maybe by timestamp. (I changed the timestamps using BulkFileChanger but couldn't get it to work on all folders. Need to figure out exactly how it sorts them. When I view them in "Album" then it does sort by ID3 Tag title.

The problem is if you start playing a file from "folder view" and then skip to next chapter, or it finishes playing the correct song/chapter of my audiobook, then it is in incorrect order. No problem when I start from "folder view". Took me quite some time to even figure out when it does what.

Album Art Vs Gracenote
I have good album art in the song/chapter ID3 Tag, but it uses Gracenote instead. Hate it.
I changed the album art to be 300x300 and it seems to work mostly, but not for all the time.

Is there a clear description of how the sort works in "folder view" and when is the embedded AlbumArt used vs Gracenote (which is typically generic artist's pic?
Old 03-06-16, 10:29 AM
Talys1767
Driver School Candidate

Every single car that I've ever owned has had quirks here or there that drive me nuts. On the 450RX, the one thing that drives me crazy the most is that the audio volume (radio or media) is not lowered when the GPS is giving directions. Instead, the GPS has her own volume, and simply talks over the ambient audio -- so if you have music turned up, it's impossible to hear her. This is actually the first car with built-in GPS I've owned with this behavior.

Regarding the USB media playback order -- I had the same problem with the Infiniti (using Compact Flash). I believe that it's the order the files and folders are loaded onto the media. To get mine ordered the way I wanted, manually created the file folders, then went to each file folder and dragged each file in the sequence that I wanted it. On both the Infiniti FX50S and the Lexus RX450H, this gave me songs and folders in the correct order

A strange quirk: sometimes, but not often, on the RX, the USB media goes back to Folder 1 / Title 1. I have no idea why, as I can normally switch between audio sources, and it continues on from where I left USB. My solution is to have my favorite folder as the first one. But what it kind of kills is audio books that aren't divided into small sections.

A further strange quirk as to the audio system that I really don't like: If you press the DOWN arrow on the steering wheel, it goes from track 3 to start of 3, then 2, then 1. On the track title list, this is actually going up the list (as it's listed 1, 2, 3). However, when you go to the satellite radio and you press down, it goes from preprogrammed station #4 to 5, to 6. I can live with it either way, but couldn't they have made it consistent?

Regarding pictures from phone: I have a Lumia 920. The photos work great However, there is a strange cell phone quirk. If I use car Bluetooth, but take control of the handset from the phone (eg hit speakerphone or disconnect Bluetooth) during a phone call, the car will stay stuck in the phone conversation, with the phone connection remaining open. The only way to turn it off seems to be to turn off the car.
Old 03-07-16, 02:28 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 507 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisAZ
I had my RX 350 in last week for a rattle and brought this gurgling sound up. I was told they test drove my RX and a similar RX and the sound is "normal." They did say they had one other complaint.

Where exactly is the sound coming from? Under the dash, behind the instrument cluster by any chance?

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)