RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Rear turn signal in taillight?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-15, 09:06 AM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Animated Turn Signals?

I know that one review said that the U.S. cars wouldn't get the moving animated LED turn signals, but just wanted to confirm. Would be cool if Lexus figured out a way to make it happen but my guess is they just blink. Anyone know for sure?
Old 11-04-15, 09:12 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
I know that one review said that the U.S. cars wouldn't get the moving animated LED turn signals, but just wanted to confirm. Would be cool if Lexus figured out a way to make it happen but my guess is they just blink. Anyone know for sure?
USA's automotive lighting laws are very antiquated dating back to when Ford was the biggest car brand in America. So basically the laws are very outdated and needs to be changed. Not only we dont get those sequential turn signals. We dont get Mercedes laser head lights and Bmw variable LED lights either which both will improve visability on the road and prevent many accidents at night. At least we still can get headlights that turn.
Old 11-11-15, 09:20 AM
ES300HTX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear turn signal in taillight?

So I know in the Japanese RX the rear taillights turn signal cascades towards the direction of the turn, but due to DOT rules here in the US they could not do that. So I was wondering if anyone took a look at if the rear taillights turn signal is one big LED or bulb that gets lighted or if its still the individual LED similar to the Japanese RX, but somehow Lexus made them all light up instead of cascades towards the turn. If that is the case someone can just install some type of relay in between the plugs or power lines to the bulbs to get them to operate in the similar view as the Japanese model.
Old 11-11-15, 10:22 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Can someone confirm the bulb is LED. It seems videos are showcasing a halogen for the US
Old 11-11-15, 12:28 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Also the same for the front signals...I'm interested to see if anyone figures this out as well. It's probably something simple.
Old 11-11-15, 01:47 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

This would be an excellent mod to do. I have already written a letter to my state senator to change this archaic law in the US. You guys need to do the same. The more people get involved the more likey we will get these options in our cars in the near future.
Old 11-11-15, 03:03 PM
hon3kong
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Halogen bulbs are for the front and rear turn signal. LED front and rear for the RX with triple beam headlights option. LED light up together blinking
Old 11-11-15, 03:10 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hon3kong
Halogen bulbs are for the front and rear turn signal. LED front and rear for the RX with triple beam headlights option. LED light up together blinking
Yes, we all know that.
Old 11-11-15, 11:00 PM
qktnpfhs
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Can someone confirm the bulb is LED. It seems videos are showcasing a halogen for the US
If you picked triple led option it will be led front and back. I just checked them and they are all leds

Last edited by qktnpfhs; 11-12-15 at 01:57 AM.
Old 11-11-15, 11:04 PM
qktnpfhs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ES300HTX
So I know in the Japanese RX the rear taillights turn signal cascades towards the direction of the turn, but due to DOT rules here in the US they could not do that. So I was wondering if anyone took a look at if the rear taillights turn signal is one big LED or bulb that gets lighted or if its still the individual LED similar to the Japanese RX, but somehow Lexus made them all light up instead of cascades towards the turn. If that is the case someone can just install some type of relay in between the plugs or power lines to the bulbs to get them to operate in the similar view as the Japanese model.
I was gonna post this question too!!
I just checked mine and it seems fromt and back aignal lights are all leds. I hope we can just attach the relay so we can have sequential leds just like the other rx models out of U.S.
Old 11-11-15, 11:08 PM
qktnpfhs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Also the same for the front signals...I'm interested to see if anyone figures this out as well. It's probably something simple.
I know! I hope someone figures this out soon and just sell the relay part. Changing all front and rear lights for sequention led light will be freacking expensive :'(
Old 11-12-15, 03:07 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

It may be harder than you think.

It is very possible that only one wire/circuit is going to these LEDs in the USA and if so the wiring is not present to make the light do the sequential display.
Old 11-12-15, 10:25 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by RXOwner
It may be harder than you think.

It is very possible that only one wire/circuit is going to these LEDs in the USA and if so the wiring is not present to make the light do the sequential display.
Carista carista carista

Hopefully they have a name alert set up...

When will the 4RX be analyzed and customization options known? It could be something you can just configure.
Old 11-12-15, 11:47 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ericsan13
Carista carista carista

Hopefully they have a name alert set up...

When will the 4RX be analyzed and customization options known? It could be something you can just configure.
If the DOT says NO, there will NOT be an option to turn it on.
Old 11-12-15, 11:50 AM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

It's stupid we are even having this conversation. Should be a no-brainer.

Quick Reply: Rear turn signal in taillight?