RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Pics of your 4RX Right NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-16, 01:07 PM
Curryolla
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Road Trip: Ohio to Texas

Just took a road trip in the RX 450h! Total of about 2400 miles from Ohio to Texas and back. Thought I’d post some pictures and some thoughts on the RX in TX.

First we stopped at Temple for some work related stuff. Fairly boring and nothing fun. Took this photo from the hotel window.

The family then stopped by at Plano to visit my cousin and her family for Christmas. While there, some Toyota/Lexus related site seeing was obvious. We first drove by the new Toyota Plano Headquarters! This place was huge. From the front, it looks smallish, but take a turn around the corner and you realize there are three other buildings behind the main one! I wanted to stop the car and take a photo of the RX in front of the building, but could not find a safe place to do so. But I did take this drive by shot!

While in Plano, I had to stop by at Park Place Lexus in Plano. I was really impressed with the design and feel of the dealership. Most of us Lexus fans will note that Park Place was one of the first Lexus dealerships to follow the new Lexus dealership design theme.

And with the car…

Once home, the car was filthy.

After a good detail, the car is clean and safe inside the garage with big brother Land Cruiser.

Unfortunately, the car also took an ice chunk to the hood on the way down. Thankfully, I think the paint protection film has saved the paint, but I’ll need to get that fixed.

Now for thoughts on the car. Overall, the experience was really good! The cabin was quiet and relaxing during the entire trip. The instant torque made for a unique driving experience. Suspension compliance and ride quality was superb, but the trip was really flat with no mountain roads. Adaptive Cruise and Steering Assist was extremely satisfying. The family also made great use of the RSES.

But not everything was perfect. For starters, there is the fuel economy which is really dependent on Temperature and Speed. With temperatures in the 30s Fahrenheit, and speeds between 55-75 miles per hour (speeding 5 over), the car was only able to average 24.8 mpg. Driving at 80 mph in Texas really took its toll. Only could do 24 mpg with cruise on, in both ECO and Normal mode. While in Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee, the car was doing 27 mpg which I was pleased with. But once we got further south and was around 75-80 mph, the mpg really tanked.

On the way back, we hit some rain. The car wasn’t that confidence inspiring. It felt to disconnected and the driver feedback as a little less than I’d have liked. This made for a difficult time telling when the car was hydroplaning or not. It also made it hard to tell if I should slow down or keep at the speed I was going. The car did not exhibit any signs of struggle in pouring rain. Even the splashing water from the tires did not make much noise. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. In addition, the headlight performance in rain was “different”. I’ve never used LEDs in the rain at night so the white light was an interesting experience compared to yellow light.

So there you have it. My thoughts after 2,400 miles of intimate drive with my RX 450h!
The following 3 users liked this post by Curryolla:
aznkorboi (12-30-16), charman339 (01-08-17), Jaysonpeng (02-11-18)
Old 01-03-17, 07:37 AM
rufetus
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01-03-17, 07:41 AM
rufetus
Driver School Candidate

The following users liked this post:
charman339 (01-08-17)
Old 01-03-17, 07:46 AM
rufetus
Driver School Candidate

Old 01-05-17, 02:05 AM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have had two RX's in the dark gray with black interior and living in Florida. The AC does such a great job of cooling my car down, it's never been an issue
Old 01-05-17, 08:13 PM
koolkat
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2017 Lexus RX 350 F Sport - Atomic Silver

Took delivery of my 2017 RX 350 on Tuesday!! Initially dusty due to transport from Canada but cleaned up very nice!

-F Sport, fully loaded, atomic silver and black/aluminum interior. Plan to tint two front windows (20%) to match rear windows.
-Panaroma roof
-Triple beam headlights
-Mark Levinson audio system
-Touch free rear door
-Color heads up display
-12.3 inch screen
-360 degree panaromic cameras
-20" wheels
-Towing prep package

Great drive so far!! I replaced my Audi A6 with the RX - so far, no regrets!

Last edited by koolkat; 01-05-17 at 08:25 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by koolkat:
aznkorboi (01-06-17), MisterQ (06-05-17)
Old 01-06-17, 03:59 AM
JLoves4RXF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FROM THE PORT OF LONG BEACH
pearl white fsport w/ safety package gps package sound package almost fully loaded didn't want the red interior cause it'll get dirty and **** that **** got the all black interior instead i think it's only those 2 choices anyways with the fsports i dunno.

Last edited by JLoves4RXF; 01-06-17 at 04:10 AM.
Old 01-06-17, 04:25 AM
bwsteg
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by koolkat

Took delivery of my 2017 RX 350 on Tuesday!! Initially dusty due to transport from Canada but cleaned up very nice!

-F Sport, fully loaded, atomic silver and black/aluminum interior. Plan to tint two front windows (20%) to match rear windows.
-Panaroma roof
-Triple beam headlights
-Mark Levinson audio system
-Touch free rear door
-Color heads up display
-12.3 inch screen
-360 degree panaromic cameras
-20" wheels
-Towing prep package

Great drive so far!! I replaced my Audi A6 with the RX - so far, no regrets!

Very nice...Im surprised Lexus went back to using the Michelin's.
Old 01-06-17, 06:11 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm really liking the Atomic silver F Sports...
Old 01-06-17, 03:10 PM
koolkat
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bwsteg
Very nice...Im surprised Lexus went back to using the Michelin's.
Thanks! Yes I was surprised to see the Michelin's too. Upside is that they're priced much cheaper for replacement.
Old 01-06-17, 03:13 PM
koolkat
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JT4
I'm really liking the Atomic silver F Sports...
Agreed! It really does add to the sport look of the F Sport design. It's a great cross between silver and gray.
Old 01-06-17, 03:19 PM
koolkat
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JLoves4RXF

FROM THE PORT OF LONG BEACH
pearl white fsport w/ safety package gps package sound package almost fully loaded didn't want the red interior cause it'll get dirty and **** that **** got the all black interior instead i think it's only those 2 choices anyways with the fsports i dunno.
Sweet ride! Like you, I prefer the black interior. I guess it's truly about one's taste, but the red makes me uncomfortable. It's nice, just not for me. You can also do a stratus gray interior with the f sport as well.
Old 01-09-17, 06:33 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by koolkat
Agreed! It really does add to the sport look of the F Sport design. It's a great cross between silver and gray.
That was my thinking too when I first saw it.
Old 01-09-17, 01:32 PM
SmithyINC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Freshly waxed 2017 RX350 - LOVE IT!!!

:
Old 01-20-17, 04:11 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

The following users liked this post:
aznkorboi (01-21-17)

Quick Reply: Pics of your 4RX Right NOW!