RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

F-sport vs luxury

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-16, 01:02 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 504 Likes on 362 Posts
Default Not here

Originally Posted by JosersRX
My F Sport came with Bridgestones... and after one month of riding around on them, I was like: NOPE! Took the car back to the dealer. Told them my previous two RXs have come with Michelins when I bought them new so why it was different this time around? They immediately swapped all four tires (including the wheels) with Michelins Premier Tires no questions asked... The car rides smoother, quieter and city bumps are softer to take. There's just no comparison. Michelin is better.
I wish that was the case here. I went back after 10km asking for the swap; they showed me the door. Then I tried another dealer and finally the corporate office and they all showed me the door. 😢😢😢😢😠😠😠😠😠
Old 08-25-16, 02:00 PM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
I wish that was the case here. I went back after 10km asking for the swap; they showed me the door. Then I tried another dealer and finally the corporate office and they all showed me the door. ������������������
I missed the days when the RX was made in Japan as all of their other models... but I digress...

I'm a bit surprised by them walking you out with no solution. All Lexus dealers try and maintain a certain level of long term relationship with the customer. So, having owned RXs since 2004; Lexus has always exceeded if not in the very least accommodated all of my requests throughout all these years. In this case, swapping out all the Bridgestones for Michelins that another F Sport had in their lot. Maybe they didn't even hesitate with the request since this was my 3rd new RX purchase, maybe because I waited almost two months past their estimated delivery date for my special order to arrive, or a combination of both? Who knows?
Old 08-25-16, 02:07 PM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hon3kong
You should get luxury if you are driving in NY. Even I felt little bumpy when hitting pot holes with my luxury. Without triple beam LED on f sport will not match the aggressiveness of the grille. Don't forget triple beam also included the sexy super bright LED rear turn signal! I saw one RX with Single beam regular LED yesterday on the street, and it looks like nissan rogue's headlight... I drove to work at night time last week, my coworker stopped me when i was approaching the parking lot. He was attracted by my triple beam and wanted to check out my car. Then he decided to buy one in a few months. He was so impressed with the headlight and 12.3 screen.
Totes agree! Even back when I owned a 2010 RX 450H, I upgraded the headlights. Completely changes the front end look of the vehicle. For 2016, the Triple Beam LEDs absolutely make the car, period. The regular headlights look dated and very basic.
Old 08-25-16, 03:03 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 504 Likes on 362 Posts

I missed the days when the RX was made in Japan as all of their other models... but I digress...

I'm a bit surprised by them walking you out with no solution. All Lexus dealers try and maintain a certain level of long term relationship with the customer. So, having owned RXs since 2004; Lexus has always exceeded if not in the very least accommodated all of my requests throughout all these years. In this case, swapping out all the Bridgestones for Michelins that another F Sport had in their lot. Maybe they didn't even hesitate with the request since this was my 3rd new RX purchase, maybe because I waited almost two months past their estimated delivery date for my special order to arrive, or a combination of both? Who knows?
I was hoping that that would be there case. however........

Not sure if that level of customer service is available in my area. I have spoken with few other Lexus owners in Ontario and they too certainly did/would not buy Lexus based on customer service....

Old 08-25-16, 03:33 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

My F Sport came with Bridgestones... and after one month of riding around on them, I was like: NOPE! Took the car back to the dealer. Told them my previous two RXs have come with Michelins when I bought them new so why it was different this time around? They immediately swapped all four tires (including the wheels) with Michelins Premier Tires no questions asked... The car rides smoother, quieter and city bumps are softer to take. There's just no comparison. Michelin is better.
I got my swapped a long time ago. There was resistance from my dealership but they took care of me in the end.
Old 08-05-17, 06:54 PM
JT450H
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport over Luxury

I like the 2016 RX350/450 redesign, although the interior is less than Luxury. The interior design is more of a sport look thank Luxury. I prefer the wood steering wheel which is non existent on these models, and barely any wood grain in the interior.

The exterior colors are dull and Bland, compared to my 13 RX450 which is s satin type paint & finish. Lexus IS a great product, although they replaced Luxury interior with only a sport option devaluing the brand.
Old 08-05-17, 07:13 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,331 Likes on 1,684 Posts

Originally Posted by JT450H
I like the 2016 RX350/450 redesign, although the interior is less than Luxury. The interior design is more of a sport look thank Luxury. I prefer the wood steering wheel which is non existent on these models, and barely any wood grain in the interior.

The exterior colors are dull and Bland, compared to my 13 RX450 which is s satin type paint & finish. Lexus IS a great product, although they replaced Luxury interior with only a sport option devaluing the brand.
Your opinion chief.
Old 08-05-17, 07:22 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts

I'm not a fan of the wood look. It's outdated and for old people IMO. I do however love the bamboo interior.
Old 08-06-17, 03:27 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

It amazes me how two people can perceive something so differently.

I am am pretty happy with my 2017 450h and I also own the 2017 LX. While the LX is quite nice, I find the RX interior to be more than adequate. I compare my RX to any old RX model and thing that Lexus did one heck of a great upgrade.
Old 08-06-17, 08:23 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
It amazes me how two people can perceive something so differently.

I am am pretty happy with my 2017 450h and I also own the 2017 LX. While the LX is quite nice, I find the RX interior to be more than adequate. I compare my RX to any old RX model and thing that Lexus did one heck of a great upgrade.
I agree - imagine saying "no wood steering wheel? That's the deal breaker for me" 😂
Old 08-06-17, 09:04 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
I'm not a fan of the wood look. It's outdated and for old people IMO. I do however love the bamboo interior.
Then most cars and SUV must be for older people as most have some kind of wood in them.
Old 08-06-17, 02:15 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Then most cars and SUV must be for older people as most have some kind of wood in them.
I'm jot a big fan of wood either. I wish the non Fsport came available with the brushed aluminum trim but it did not and the Fsport seats for me were a non-starter.
Old 08-06-17, 02:52 PM
azinn
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm old and I don't like wood!
Old 08-07-17, 01:50 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by azinn
I'm old and I don't like wood!
Does not matter, all the car mfg still use wood in most vehicles. Love my luxury 450h the wood is so dark it hardly looks like wood and the aluminum accents set it off nicely. Do like the new open pore finishes.

I am only 17 years old
Old 08-07-17, 04:41 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Red face

haha don't take offense to it. The newer generation doesn't like it. I think it's super classy but even a mercedes, porsche, etc, they all have options without it. I love the dark wood look though. I think that's a mixture of classy and contemporary.

Quick Reply: F-sport vs luxury