RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

'16 RX Pricing is released for MSRP in U.S.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-15, 07:44 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

In product info, Under convenience features, what is "Siri Eyes Free Mode?"
Old 10-08-15, 09:53 AM
TexasRxh
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
In product info, Under convenience features, what is "Siri Eyes Free Mode?"
My dealer rep showed me their launch videos and one of them was about Apple CarPlay. I know all the publicity seemed to say Lexus/Toyota was taking a "wait and see" attitude but one of the videos specifically discussed CarPlay. While it does require a cable connection it transforms the display into Apple-looking icons that iPhone users will easily recognize. They did not go into a lot of depth but I recall the apps are limited by Apple so it's not everything on your phone.

Now to the question above, Siri Eyes Free Mode is essentially just like using Siri on your iPhone. It is activated by holding the On-Hook phone button on the steering wheel, as opposed to the voice command button. You can initiate a text, dial a number in your phone book or a few other things. You can't launch a web search, as that would be distracting to have to look at the screen.
Old 10-08-15, 02:15 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

There was a recent article on Car and Driver where the evaluated Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. As TexasRxh correctly noted, the apps are limited - something like 20 available apps, so it doesn't come close to the functionality of your phone. On CarPlay, you cannot, for example, use Waze or Google Maps. The moral of the story was that they are very limited in their usefulness, so I think it's a bit overhyped right now.

As for Siri Eyes Free, it's been on the RX since the 2014 MY, as I recall. I don't see it as one of the more useful features, as I rarely, if ever, use Siri.
Old 10-10-15, 05:07 PM
Martin321
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
There was a recent article on Car and Driver where the evaluated Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. As TexasRxh correctly noted, the apps are limited - something like 20 available apps, so it doesn't come close to the functionality of your phone. On CarPlay, you cannot, for example, use Waze or Google Maps. The moral of the story was that they are very limited in their usefulness, so I think it's a bit overhyped right now.

As for Siri Eyes Free, it's been on the RX since the 2014 MY, as I recall. I don't see it as one of the more useful features, as I rarely, if ever, use Siri.
I got excited when they mentioned that the new RX includes a wireless cell phone charging, only now to find out that it is not compatible with I phones, only Android. maybe a software issue can fix this?
On a different note, my local dealer keeps telling me that they will have it sometimes in November but still does not have any pricing or packages options released by official Lexus.
Old 10-10-15, 06:18 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

lexus has anything to do with wireless charging on the iPhone. Thats an Apple issue, which until Apple supports wireless charging Lexus has not control over. However if you buy a case that can enable wireless charging via a external battery you can do the same albeti bulkier
Old 10-11-15, 10:30 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

unfortunately Google has not released all the api's to developers yet, so devs cant really develop for it yet... llikely same on Apple side. Lets hope situation improves next year
Old 10-11-15, 02:01 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I can't believe how behind the ball Lexus is on coming forth with the pricing. Lincoln and Mercedes all have their info posted. Not being to optimistic at this point with such a jump in base price. Package pricing will be the determining factor. I don't like to buy the average pre- packaged model. Maybe soon.
Old 10-12-15, 04:25 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

BTW the cargo capacity is only "below" the cover - its not taking the extra space above the cover into account.
Old 10-12-15, 05:07 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin321
I got excited when they mentioned that the new RX includes a wireless cell phone charging, only now to find out that it is not compatible with I phones, only Android. maybe a software issue can fix this?
On a different note, my local dealer keeps telling me that they will have it sometimes in November but still does not have any pricing or packages options released by official Lexus.

No software update from any company can fix what the iPhone lacks in hardware.

Don't blame Lexus for Apple's lag in the wireless charging department.
Old 10-14-15, 10:13 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by winsalem
WOW $650 is definitely a bargain. Thx for the info...I'm gonna add that to my list.
It's a $1,200 option on the Toyota Highlander so yes it's a super bargain.
Old 10-14-15, 11:18 AM
Mors
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2015 RX and i use the Siri Eyes Free quite a bit in the car (to text people or to call someone). It works like a charm.
Old 10-14-15, 07:28 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Went to the dealer tonight and this is the latest on pricing. Wish I had more.

Blind spot w/ cross traffic $500
Heated and Ventilated seats $640 (No longer included in Premium Package)
Premium Package $1085
Nav with 8" screen $1750
Moonroof $1100
Matte Bamboo interior trim $400
Matte Bamboo steering wheel $300
Touch free power rear door $200
Cargo Net, Cargo Mat, Wheel locks and Key glove $299

I do show a base price of $ 41,900 for RX350 front wheel drive without destination charge.

Wish I had more pricing info. None due till end of November.
Old 10-15-15, 05:28 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Cars.com is showing 2 available already.

Eskridge Lexus of Oklahoma City
Lexus of Austin
Old 10-15-15, 06:35 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
It's a $1,200 option on the Toyota Highlander so yes it's a super bargain.
its not only cheap, it is 10x better system too. LSS+ autobrake works at all speeds to stop collision, Highlanders old system sucked, could only mitigate (only LS had really good autobrake, but it was $2000 or more)
Old 10-15-15, 07:34 PM
jsix2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeivan
0-60 in 7.7 or 7.9 sec, can that be right?
Can someone confirm this?? I thought that this was the 0-60 for the 200t?

Quick Reply: '16 RX Pricing is released for MSRP in U.S.