RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Anyone preordered '16 RX?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-15, 06:25 PM
macdee
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CaliTravel
I am also very disappointed Lexus will not be offering a Luxury package with the new RX F-Sport. I'm sure there are many Lexus owners out there who enjoy the finely crafted Yamaha wood on the interior but would also like the edgier exterior look of the F-Sport. I have been waiting for this car for over a year and have known exactly what I wanted. A 2016 RX450h F-Sport... but all the changed when I saw the interior of the F-Sport. The aluminum is extremely blah to me.

Unless something changes and Lexus decides to offer the Grey Sapele wood with Aluminum stripping on the F-Sport I will end up with the following...

RX450h AWD
White
Luxury
Black leather with Grey Sapele Wood with Aluminum stripping
12.3 Nav Screen w/ Mark Levinson Sound
Heads Up Display
Pano Roof
Safety System +
Heated and Power Rear Seats
Rear side window screens
5 split (10 spoke) 20'' rims - Can't stand the 20'' rims with swappable inserts
Tow hitch
My dealer told my they would most likely be able to replace the standard front grill with sports one. They're doing is for NX already. Price is slightly less than $2K. Guess getting black side mirror hoods is even lesser issue
So what else "big" is there to make L look like F Sports? Sure one can't select the white F Sports color, but I think that's about it?

I'm personally getting L, and I'll see how I'll like the standard front grill. If not, hey the price to replace is not THAT high
Mine is getting delivered around Dec 12th.
450h L, with everything except extra roof stuff, towing package and backseat entertainment system.
Old 10-17-15, 07:10 PM
melodyqi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by macdee
My dealer told my they would most likely be able to replace the standard front grill with sports one. They're doing is for NX already. Price is slightly less than $2K. Guess getting black side mirror hoods is even lesser issue
So what else "big" is there to make L look like F Sports? Sure one can't select the white F Sports color, but I think that's about it?

I'm personally getting L, and I'll see how I'll like the standard front grill. If not, hey the price to replace is not THAT high
Mine is getting delivered around Dec 12th.
450h L, with everything except extra roof stuff, towing package and backseat entertainment system.
Yeah, I think it is probably easier to make RX luxury's exterior look like F sports. But what about from the other side? I am sure there are many people who wants the F sports driving dynamics and at the same time would appreciate the finer wood trims or leather that luxury package would provide. Lexus, why do I have to settle on aluminum when choosing F sports?!
Old 10-18-15, 07:51 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

cant wait
mines going to be delivered to me on the 30th of nov
just another month and abit..
Old 10-24-15, 12:00 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would appreciate everyone's opinion. I custom ordered one in Nebula Gray with the Noble Brown interior fully loaded. My dealership has the exact vehicle coming in next week that I am looking for except it is Nebula Gray with Black interior.

Do you prefer Black or Noble Brown interior with Nebula Gray exterior?

Thank you in advance for any comments or opinions.
Old 10-25-15, 11:47 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

The Nebula with Noble brown sounds like such a rich combination
Old 10-25-15, 10:14 PM
CaliTravel
Rookie

Originally Posted by HTOWNE
I would appreciate everyone's opinion. I custom ordered one in Nebula Gray with the Noble Brown interior fully loaded. My dealership has the exact vehicle coming in next week that I am looking for except it is Nebula Gray with Black interior.

Do you prefer Black or Noble Brown interior with Nebula Gray exterior?

Thank you in advance for any comments or opinions.
The noble brown is a little too purple for me. I still like the old Saddle Leather seats in the SC's which were more of a clay red color... Personally I'm going to go with black. I like the contrast of the white stitching.
Old 10-26-15, 09:31 AM
winsalem
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CaliTravel
The noble brown is a little too purple for me. I still like the old Saddle Leather seats in the SC's which were more of a clay red color... Personally I'm going to go with black. I like the contrast of the white stitching.
[See thumbnail below...Click to enlarge]

If this pic shows what Lexus is calling "Noble Brown", then I agree...too purple-y (and not very Noble to me). Could be the camera of course, but that red stitching doesn't help it stay in the brown family.

[I actually thought this interior color was a riff on the burgundy & black seats I see inside a few '15 RX's still on my dealer's lot. There's also a white '15 350 with the Saddle interior and it's as you say, more clay-ish. Classy, would go great with Nebula.]

Once I get to sit in the new F-Sport seats, if they fit me I'll go F-Sport Nebula with red interior. Otherwise it'll be the 350 Luxury in Nebula and Stratus Gray. I shudder to think what color the piping will be (based on the choice they made with the "Noble Brown"); does anybody have a picture of the gray seats with piping?.

Hopefully most color combinations will be revealed once my dealer gets his first RX's; they're supposedly getting 14 in mid-November. Or they'll all be the same color and I'll be drivin' to Charlotte or Hotlanta to check out the variety the bigger dealers receive.

Feels like I'll be ordering anyway to get all the options, and from reading posts on Club Lexus it sounds like that might get me an RX by Spring.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone preordered '16 RX?-2016-lexus-rx-450h-interior-2.jpg  
Old 10-26-15, 07:18 PM
melodyqi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by winsalem
Once I get to sit in the new F-Sport seats, if they fit me I'll go F-Sport Nebula with red interior. Otherwise it'll be the 350 Luxury in Nebula and Stratus Gray. I shudder to think what color the piping will be (based on the choice they made with the "Noble Brown"); does anybody have a picture of the gray seats with piping?.
Here you go.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone preordered '16 RX?-image.jpeg  
Old 10-26-15, 08:01 PM
winsalem
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Thank you melodyqi!! I'm relieved...looks good.
Old 10-26-15, 08:04 PM
CaliTravel
Rookie

Originally Posted by melodyqi
Here you go.
This is the base model that doesn't include the Luxury package piping... But should be a similar color scheme.
Old 10-26-15, 08:05 PM
CaliTravel
Rookie

Does anyone have a photo of the RX F-Sport side view of the drivers seat? I want to see what the 16 way adjustments are.... Want to compare to the normal RX's driver's seat with 10 way adjustment.
Old 10-29-15, 08:11 PM
RogueRX
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello to all! I'm excited to join the group.

I called the nearest dealer and they have one F sport AWD coming mid November. I put in a deposit to get first dibs on it. Hopefully my wife will like the color combo.

Old 11-06-15, 06:57 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Has anyone in the U.S. this that special ordered actually have a date it will be built?
Old 11-07-15, 03:14 PM
hon3kong
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is a great video
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bZ-nOyMEUYM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-08-15, 01:18 AM
qktnpfhs
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RogueRX
Hello to all! I'm excited to join the group.

I called the nearest dealer and they have one F sport AWD coming mid November. I put in a deposit to get first dibs on it. Hopefully my wife will like the color combo.

That's exactly what I pre-ordered and I already got it on Friday. I'm sure you will love it
Attached Thumbnails Anyone preordered '16 RX?-img_9583.jpeg   Anyone preordered '16 RX?-img_7655.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anyone preordered '16 RX?