RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Anyone preordered '16 RX?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-15, 12:38 PM
Martin321
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by melodyqi
Wow, just checked out the Lexus.eu site mentioned by Bearcat in another thread. Unlike the North America sites where nothing is going on, the European site has swapped out the 2015 RX with 2016 RX. Besides having more pictures and some promo videos, you can actually build the "grade" you want. There, F-sports and Luxury are two different grades, you either choose one or the other. Their Luxury grade for the most part has more features than the F-sports, so I figured it would be more expensive. Comparing the two, they both have AVS, that means you get Sport S+ on the Luxury grade too, not just in the F-sport. The only thing that might differentiate the driving dynamics between the two is that F-sports has Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) and Luxury doesn't. I don't know much about that feature, so I cannot comment. I now really hope that we have the similar Luxury package here in the US where AVS is included. If so, I might just go with that instead of F-sports.
EU packages might be different then the US. I did not see them mention Heads Up Display or Blind Spot Monitoring system, maybe i am wrong. I think that F sports will have all of those F sports specific packages and many other things that Luxury Package has. I think F sports will be more expensive.
Old 09-25-15, 08:16 PM
Martin321
Driver

What color are you guys most after? I really like the white color one, with an F sports package and that cute black bra and probably an all inclusive F sports interior red color.

Are you with me?

Last edited by Martin321; 09-27-15 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-28-15, 04:00 AM
bwsteg
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm glad lexus decided to keep the ultra white for f sports...

Ill be looking to trade-in my recently purchased 15 f sport for a 16 sometime early next year when deals can be made...
Old 09-30-15, 02:01 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Probably not. When I special ordered my 450h I was told I could not get the luxury package with the sport package. But the dealer altered the comfort package slightly by removing the cost of the HID headlights. I went with LED instead and paid for it separately. Hopefully some features will be available that way.
So does this mean anyone who orders the F-Sport package is stuck with the aluminum trim?

Thanks,
Eric
Old 09-30-15, 02:08 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ericsan13
So does this mean anyone who orders the F-Sport package is stuck with the aluminum trim?

Thanks,
Eric
Yep, all F-Sports get the aluminum trim. I wish the F-Sport standard wheels had an option for having a machined look vs. grey.
Old 09-30-15, 03:44 PM
Martin321
Driver

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Yep, all F-Sports get the aluminum trim. I wish the F-Sport standard wheels had an option for having a machined look vs. grey.
Aluminium trim looks better then wood in the F sports package. That's what I love about F sports package because its kind of unique. I love the look of those 20" multi spoke wheels, all grey'ed out looks sporty. Would look awesome on the white or silver color F sport.
Old 09-30-15, 09:03 PM
melodyqi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Martin321
Aluminium trim looks better then wood in the F sports package. That's what I love about F sports package because its kind of unique. I love the look of those 20" multi spoke wheels, all grey'ed out looks sporty. Would look awesome on the white or silver color F sport.
It is all about individual taste. To me, all aluminum trim looks best with black leather, looks ok with red, and would look a bit washed out with light gray. The dark wood trim would provide a nice contrast to the light gray leather. I still prefer the special wood trim with black leather if I have a choice. Attach some photos here for comparison. The one with brown leather is probably taken from an european 450h model with AVS option installed. That is why it has Sport S+ mode in the drive select, but without an F-sports seat.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone preordered '16 RX?-rxblackw.jpg   Anyone preordered '16 RX?-brownf.jpg   Anyone preordered '16 RX?-blackf.jpg   Anyone preordered '16 RX?-rxredf.jpg   Anyone preordered '16 RX?-grayw.png  

Old 09-30-15, 09:26 PM
melodyqi
Driver School Candidate

Dealer's 2016 Lexus RX350 Ride and Drive event in Charlotte, NC. Bad quality video, but you will see many RXs parked in one big lot.

Old 10-01-15, 04:03 PM
Martin321
Driver

I saw a video that an F sport's version has a sound generator or some kind of mic attached in the engine bay that makes it sound more sporty in the sports+ mode. I am not sure why the reviewers say that it heard from the cars interior to give you more of that sports like feeling. In this video I can hear it from outside, or maybe this is just a bit too exaggerated.

Old 10-05-15, 08:56 PM
corkycc
Driver School Candidate

Wanting to buy a 2016 RX 350 with all the safety features, especially the lane -change input and the auto braking
Cant find a dealer who has access to ordering these features, has anyone else had this problem?
Corkycc
Old 10-06-15, 03:27 PM
Martin321
Driver

Originally Posted by corkycc
Wanting to buy a 2016 RX 350 with all the safety features, especially the lane -change input and the auto braking
Cant find a dealer who has access to ordering these features, has anyone else had this problem?
Corkycc
Same here. I called and visited a couple of dealerships here in NY but they said that the pricing and order packages are not out yet. It sounded like they wanted my deposit anyways but I want to wait for the price and don't want it to come out of above 55K range with F sport package and other things.
Old 10-06-15, 04:21 PM
quack724
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by melodyqi
It is all about individual taste. To me, all aluminum trim looks best with black leather, looks ok with red, and would look a bit washed out with light gray. The dark wood trim would provide a nice contrast to the light gray leather. I still prefer the special wood trim with black leather if I have a choice. Attach some photos here for comparison. The one with brown leather is probably taken from an european 450h model with AVS option installed. That is why it has Sport S+ mode in the drive select, but without an F-sports seat.
Thanks for these photos. I am interested in F Sport AWD .. most likely Ultra white (not sure if Pearl white is offered in F sport?)

Which interior do you guys think goes best with white exterior? I am thinking black.

I do like the edginess of Red but Red would go better with dark exterior ?

Any thoughts?

Edit: Also factoring in two young kids (ages 2, 6)
Old 10-06-15, 04:37 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

F sport I think onnly has that red or grey setup for sportiness
Old 10-06-15, 04:51 PM
Martin321
Driver

Originally Posted by quack724
Thanks for these photos. I am interested in F Sport AWD .. most likely Ultra white (not sure if Pearl white is offered in F sport?)

Which interior do you guys think goes best with white exterior? I am thinking black.

I do like the edginess of Red but Red would go better with dark exterior ?

Any thoughts?

Edit: Also factoring in two young kids (ages 2, 6)

F Sports has all black interior for sure and I think that It would look awesome with a white only F Sport exterior color. With that huge black grill, they would know you are coming a mile away.
Old 10-16-15, 08:16 PM
CaliTravel
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also very disappointed Lexus will not be offering a Luxury package with the new RX F-Sport. I'm sure there are many Lexus owners out there who enjoy the finely crafted Yamaha wood on the interior but would also like the edgier exterior look of the F-Sport. I have been waiting for this car for over a year and have known exactly what I wanted. A 2016 RX450h F-Sport... but all the changed when I saw the interior of the F-Sport. The aluminum is extremely blah to me.

Unless something changes and Lexus decides to offer the Grey Sapele wood with Aluminum stripping on the F-Sport I will end up with the following...

RX450h AWD
White
Luxury
Black leather with Grey Sapele Wood with Aluminum stripping
12.3 Nav Screen w/ Mark Levinson Sound
Heads Up Display
Pano Roof
Safety System +
Heated and Power Rear Seats
Rear side window screens
5 split (10 spoke) 20'' rims - Can't stand the 20'' rims with swappable inserts
Tow hitch