RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Spot the modern interior

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-15, 06:57 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by rayaans
Shows how good the community is here

If this same post was on Audiworld, Audi fans would be ****ting all over the RX in a blast of Audi owner superiority complex. Itd be like "RX is a soccer moms car, its got a huge ugly grill, bla bla bla"

The 4RX does have the TFT cluster in the F-Sport model. Its not full TFT in the sense that the petrol gauge and the temperature gauge are dials but I think it works well. We wouldn't want the same thing in every car now would we? Not like the photocopying method of Audi anyway.

I personally dont like the vents in the Q7, why so wide?!
yep... f-sport has 7" or 8" screen, but it is masked with dials.
Old 06-04-15, 10:26 PM
kwc_diesel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stumbled on this thread and it appears to be an Audi vs. Lexus battle. We were in the market for a mid-size luxury and discovered that the 2015 BMW X5 had a lot of these comparable options demonstrated for us recently:
"It also has new 360 panoramic monitors for parking... it has panoramic roof that slides... it has wide color hud with nav... adaptive suspension from GS, new infotainment system with 12.3" screen and highres (better than GS), huge 2nd row dual monitors, safety sense will brake, accelerate, steer at any speeds, all LED lighting with very nice brand new adaptive High Beam System. RX F-Sport will have active stabilizer system in addition to adaptive suspension".

So Lexus never offered these features before on the RX? (maybe the flagship LS). The dealership guy also impressed us with auto-hold button on the BMW which holds the break pedal for the driver in stop and go traffic. Surround View with park assist was awesome.

Really hope the Lexus RX4 with these options will not approach $55K msrp, because the 2015 X5 is a pretty compelling choice in that territory.
Old 06-05-15, 01:09 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

A base X5 starts at $53,900 without those options. I priced an AWD 3.5 model with most (not all) of those options and it came to $72k.
Old 06-05-15, 03:07 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Originally Posted by kwc_diesel
We were in the market for a mid-size luxury and discovered that the 2015 BMW X5 had a lot of these comparable options demonstrated for us recently:
"It also has new 360 panoramic monitors for parking... it has panoramic roof that slides... it has wide color hud with nav... adaptive suspension from GS, new infotainment system with 12.3" screen and highres (better than GS), huge 2nd row dual monitors, safety sense will brake, accelerate, steer at any speeds, all LED lighting with very nice brand new adaptive High Beam System. RX F-Sport will have active stabilizer system in addition to adaptive suspension".

So Lexus never offered these features before on the RX? (maybe the flagship LS). The dealership guy also impressed us with auto-hold button on the BMW which holds the break pedal for the driver in stop and go traffic. Surround View with park assist was awesome.

Really hope the Lexus RX4 with these options will not approach $55K msrp, because the 2015 X5 is a pretty compelling choice in that territory.
The new X5 is a very nice vehicle, I have two friends that have them, they have features Lexus doesn't have for sure...even on the LS (Lexus has no around view camera, for instance).

But, an X5 priced at $55k will have NONE of these features. One of my friends X5 is very lightly optioned, it was about $64k, my other friend's is a highly optioned diesel model and the MSRP on that was around $80k.

From a feature standpoint the RX is better optioned than an X5 at $55k.

The 4RX will certainly cost $55k, and likely more.
Old 06-05-15, 04:08 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW15LS
The new X5 is a very nice vehicle, I have two friends that have them, they have features Lexus doesn't have for sure...even on the LS (Lexus has no around view camera, for instance).

But, an X5 priced at $55k will have NONE of these features. One of my friends X5 is very lightly optioned, it was about $64k, my other friend's is a highly optioned diesel model and the MSRP on that was around $80k.

From a feature standpoint the RX is better optioned than an X5 at $55k.

The 4RX will certainly cost $55k, and likely more.
4RX has 360 view camera (and NX).

I am sure that 4RX will start at 42k max. But if you want all the stuff, and some of it is better than anywhere else right now (for instance auto-brake system is 2 generations ahead of BMW's), then it will certainly be a lot more expensive than now...

3RX in Europe had a lot of these extra features, but Lexus USA has always gimped their model in order to keep "loaded" price down. For instance 3RX had panoramic roof, AVS, even freaking active stabilizers. For 4RX, all of these are improved, significantly, they added more features and plus they will have full version in US now.

So now, USA finally gets full model, which is really high end and has a ton of new features plus everything else is much improved... if 3RX350 ended with $57k price, then 4RX350 with all the new stuff in USA, will be either around $65k or it will be gimped again. As for RX450h, it will be $70k loaded, or it will be gimped again.

On the other hand, loaded X35i is $90k. So feature for feature, it is going to be $20k-25k difference. I doubt many people buy completely loaded BMW's anyway.
Old 06-06-15, 11:58 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

I've always thought the X5 was an ugly car with a bland (typical BMW) interior. I definitely wouldn't consider it especially for its price.
Old 06-06-15, 04:46 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Style is in the eye of the beholder so I won't comment there, and BMW interiors tend to be bland I agree, but I don't see how anybody objective could say the interior of the new X5 is bland lol.

This is bland?

If you think the new X5 is bland inside...I don't see how you can not think ANY Lexus interior is bland LOL
Old 06-06-15, 10:24 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Style is in the eye of the beholder so I won't comment there, and BMW interiors tend to be bland I agree, but I don't see how anybody objective could say the interior of the new X5 is bland lol.

If you think the new X5 is bland inside...I don't see how you can not think ANY Lexus interior is bland LOL
I guess this redesigned X5 interior isn't bad. I've sat in the one before the redesign and it was defintely bland and cheap. Glad to see BMW upping their design a bit in some of their cars. On the other hand, my cousin just got a new 435i and when I rode it I thought, "uhhhh...this is a $60K (not in a good way)."
Old 06-06-15, 10:33 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The previous X5 interior and the redesigned X5 interior are night and day.
Old 06-07-15, 06:24 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

X5 looked quality to me always (unlike for instance 3 series), but design wise it is similar to many other BMWs so it can be a boring if you already drive BMW, and definitely bland/cold.

Base and mid spec models still have too much plastic inside so it really depends if you get top model with full leather including dash, optional seats of different color and nice wood inserts

Otherwise, this is how base to mid looks in EU... to me they should work on area around the shifter (plain black plastic), put in a lot nicer trip computer, remove silver plastic from any model and add leather around transmission tunnel up front. It will be still cold interior without different colored seats, like any other BMW but I dont think many people get full leather option right now so in the end model that gets bought by European buyer on average does not look anywhere as shiny as press pics of fully equipped X5.

Old 06-07-15, 09:45 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Any base model is going to look cold. Lexus interiors are no different...
Old 06-08-15, 02:35 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Any base model is going to look cold. Lexus interiors are no different...
Except in Europe, Lexus don't do "poverty packs" whereas BMW do. Probably explains why there are so many BMW's around as the Lexus prices always look more expensive to an unsuspecting buyer. Its only when you go into the nitty gritty spec lists that you realise the Lexus one is 4 pages longer.
Old 06-08-15, 07:49 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rayaans
Except in Europe, Lexus don't do "poverty packs" whereas BMW do. Probably explains why there are so many BMW's around as the Lexus prices always look more expensive to an unsuspecting buyer. Its only when you go into the nitty gritty spec lists that you realise the Lexus one is 4 pages longer.
LOL, its a business my friend. BMW sells "poverty packs" because thats what sells. BMW dominates Lexus in sales in Europe, how can you say their way of doing it is wrong and Lexus' is right?
Old 06-08-15, 09:24 AM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

IMO the area on most all BMWs between the center air vents and the the console is so boring and 1995 looking.