RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-17, 03:11 PM
winsalem
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RX450h to RX450h F Sport

Found a new '17 RX 450h F Sport Atomic Silver with Red Leather & fully loaded at Hendrick in Charlotte...couldn't resist. Traded my '16 450h (with 5,500 miles).

The real shock was how much smoother the F Sport seems; driving on the same streets I still feel the same bumps -- but they seem to be crisper and less jarring than with the non-F Sport. It could have something to do with the tires...there are Michelins on the F Sport. The F Sport also seems quieter.

BEFORE
Welcome to Club Lexus! 4RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-rx-450h.jpg

AFTER
Welcome to Club Lexus! 4RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_0433.jpg

Last edited by winsalem; 10-08-17 at 03:12 PM. Reason: editing pics
The following 2 users liked this post by winsalem:
ericsan13 (10-09-17), NX200 (08-05-21)
Old 10-09-17, 06:57 PM
KP916
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 F Sport

New owner to 2016 F Sport in cashmere w/ black interior. Navigation, HUD, it had almost 12,000 miles when I got it and it’s been 2 months. Premium and Luxury Pkg (I think) I’d like to add a tow package but other than that, I’m happy. I got rid of a Lincoln MKZ Hubrid and miss the gas mileage but that’s all.
Old 10-09-17, 10:22 PM
lilboi
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by winsalem
Found a new '17 RX 450h F Sport Atomic Silver with Red Leather & fully loaded at Hendrick in Charlotte...couldn't resist. Traded my '16 450h (with 5,500 miles).

The real shock was how much smoother the F Sport seems; driving on the same streets I still feel the same bumps -- but they seem to be crisper and less jarring than with the non-F Sport. It could have something to do with the tires...there are Michelins on the F Sport. The F Sport also seems quieter.

Very nice. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you have to add for the tradeup.
Old 10-11-17, 02:25 PM
Jiggz858
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

'17 RX 350 AWD
Eminent While Pearl
Nav Package 12.3" screen
Premium Package with 20" Wheels
Running Boards
Black Interior with Walnut trim
Lexus Safety System, PCS, LKA, Parking Assist, etc
Drove a 4Runner before
Priced $500 over invoice which I thought was a fair deal especially with $2K cash rebate.
Old 10-11-17, 05:26 PM
nas2344
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jiggz858
'17 RX 350 AWD
Eminent While Pearl
Nav Package 12.3" screen
Premium Package with 20" Wheels
Running Boards
Black Interior with Walnut trim
Lexus Safety System, PCS, LKA, Parking Assist, etc
Drove a 4Runner before
Priced $500 over invoice which I thought was a fair deal especially with $2K cash rebate.
what year 4Runner and how does it compare?
Old 10-11-17, 08:20 PM
Jiggz858
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

It was a 4th generation 4Runner (2006) which I also bought brand new back in '06. At 1.5X the price, the Lexus is no contest the winner both in MPG, smooth and quiet ride and luxury look inside. However, if you plan on using your SUV for off roading or even for frequent towing you cannot go wrong with the 4Runner. It is a well made vehicle for its purpose and at a much lower price. The Lexus is technically my wife's although I'm her driver for long driving, LOL
Old 10-12-17, 03:21 PM
bosslady16
Driver School Candidate

Default My beautiful 2016 RX 350

I bought my 2016 RX 350 2 weeks ago and she is a beauty. I purchased it used with 17,350 miles

Matador Red Mica/ Parchment leather with Matte Bamboo trim
Non-Navigation (wish I had gotten navigation)
18” seven spoke alloy wheels
HEATED AND VENTILATED FRONT SEATS
Premium package and a whole lot of other features I have to learn.
Old 11-01-17, 10:15 PM
KD3DJN
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2017 RX 450h F-Sport - Ultra White / Rioja Red

Every single option available including:
  • Panoramic Moon-roof
  • Color Heads Up Display
  • Panoramic View Monitor
  • 12.3 Inch Navigation System w/ Mark Levinson Audio
  • Cold Weather Package
  • Tow Pep Package
  • Triple Beam Headlamps
  • Touch-Free Power Rear Door
  • All Weather Floor Mats
Just took deliver tonight and had to post! My first new car (11 miles on the odometer) ever in my life and my reward to myself! Looking forward to many years with it!

Old 11-01-17, 10:17 PM
KD3DJN
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by winsalem

BEFORE
Attachment 467681

AFTER
Attachment 467683
I just picked up my 450h F-Sport tonight in Ultra White with Rioja Red!! COngratulations!
Old 11-02-17, 10:19 AM
SaintLewis
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Introduction - 2016 RX350

2016 RX350 AWD Certified Used 17,000 miles
Navigation = Yes
Pearl White/Noble Dark Brown
Option Packages = Premium and Towing Prep
20" Wheels - Not F-Sport

Previous cars
BMW i3 Electric
Nissan Leaf Electric
Honda CR-V
Honda Insight Hybrid
Honda Odyssey Minivan
Classic Mini Cooper
Lotus Elan
Volvo P1800
VW Jetta
BMW Isetta
Messerschmitt
Citroen 2CV
BMW Grinnall Scorpion
Peel P50
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 4RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-photo-nov-02-9-02-27-am.jpg  

Last edited by SaintLewis; 11-02-17 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-28-17, 12:26 PM
DrtyAsian
Driver School Candidate

2017 RX 350 F Sport
Blue/Gray
NAV
Wife's car
Old 11-28-17, 10:49 PM
minusplus
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What's up everyone, glad to finally own a Lexus. Just had a baby girl, so traded in my 08 G35 and got a 2017 RX350 ($55k msrp, pearl white/noble brown).
Old 12-02-17, 12:07 PM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

This is our 3rd RX but I think the excitement hasn't changed since the first one. So far loving it. Wish the side mirrors were bigger but the big display made it up
Old 12-03-17, 06:48 AM
ZnSaucier
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Happy to join the Lexus family with the new ride.

- 2017 450h
- 12.3” Nav
- Matador Red Mica w/ Noble Brown
- Luxury Package, Tow Prep Package, Panoramic View Monitor w/Blind Spot Monitor, 12.3" Navigation System w/Mark Levinson Audio, Panoramic Moonroof, Premium Triple-Beam Led Headlamps, Power Folding Heated Rear Seats, Touch-Free Power Rear Door, Color Heads-Up Display

Coming from a ‘05 4Runner, it feels like I’m driving a spaceship!

***Picture from Exclusive Detail in Charlotte where I had PPF and ceramic coating applied***
Old 12-08-17, 09:41 AM
GP3R
Driver School Candidate

Smile New owner - Long intro

Sorry for the long intro.

Picked up last week a new/used 2017 RX 350 with 12500 klms on it. I am old class and just sold thru auction my 2013 Mustang Boss 302 with 51000 klms. So I am used to no option on vehicle and was looking for same, not being a fan of Panoramic roof, fulll array of sensors, etc. The RX 350 comes pretty well loaded to my liking and the only real option my spouse wanted was electronic trunk opening, electric seat and heated, key-less, etc. I was also looking at Macan but after never receiving a reply to my email to 3 separate dealers in Ontario and Quebec, I figured that Porsche does not want or need my business :-).

I was looking thru CPO 2017 RX on Lexus national site and found 3-4 of them with no option, in Toronto area. While still searching, I found mine on a very large and modern Used Car dealer on South shore of Montreal. The price was what I was looking for at the start (under 50K Cdn) (same as the Toronto area). After some initial negotiation thru email, the dealer refused my offer for a $500 discrepancy. Having negotiated for a while at Fed Government, I know this was not over. Naturally (after I told my wife he will contact me again - I just love negos :-) ), the day after he recontacted me and made another stupid offer (throw in 4 Chinese winter tires in the deal for his cost). Told him to forget about the tires as his maths were not adding up. Naturally, he recontacted me again and came back for his final price of $48400 ($400 more than my offer), which I accepted. Here is the kick, I paid cash for the cash and that threw him off. They were expecting a big bank revenue for a 50K loan, but got zilch. Found out after when I picked up the vehicle they could have received 2000 to 3000 in kick back from the bank. I was so sad for them.

The other kick to this they had to sell wholesale to my dealer Ford back home, as the Boss was sold thru them to auction and I had one year to recoup the taxes (just like a trade, but cost 500$ Cdn admin fees to do the transaction deal). So I got the check from my Ford dealer $48400 plus TPS, drove down with my wife to the dealer south of Montreal (did a few pickup of vehicle for my dealer, being retired, so used to that). Once there, I asked them who was the previous owner and they did not know, were not interested at all in dealing any further with me as they only made $700 on the vehicle. Would not give me keys til they received a CERTIFIED cheque from my dealer. So my plan to do a full PDI inspection before the agreement acknowledged by both parties fell flat. I quickly looked it over, gave them the cheque, got the keys and drove back home.

Went to my Ford dealer, completed the transaction, gave them an ordinary cheque and got the vehicle plated. As easy as this.

Following day, after I did the PDI in my driveway, I went to Belair Lexus Ottawa dealer. Got the 16000 klms check up done, even if I only had 12500 on it. So now fresh oil, vehicle checked over, all is OK, no accident, etc. Got it done as we are going to St-Augustine, Fl for Feb and March and did not want to go to the Lexus dealer in Jacksonville once we get there.

Oh! btw, found old service receipts in glove box with the original owner`s name, address and phone (remember they did not know the owner at used cars location, whom happen to own large Toyota dealsership also). I contacted previous owner in Montreal. Very nice fellow. He leased the RX in Mar 2017, after exchanging it from an NX leased. His spouse had a baby and they upgraded to RX. Well, guess what, his spouse was expecting again, but this time, the RX got smaller (twins). So he went and bought a Yukon XL and GM bought his lease, thus ending up thru wholesaler at my dealer on South shore. Basically he owned the RX for the duration of the pregnancy :-). He owned $45 on the lease and still had an extra $9K to supply. So GM was looking at $54K Cdn buyback, according to him. His cost was about $60K when he leased (sound right, $54 plus taxes, PDI, admin fees, etc).

Overall I believed I got a good deal. With the mileage on vehicle, this translated to about $1 cdn discount per kilometer done.

In conclusion, the car is now sitting in my driveway, will get minimal use til we leave for Florida end Jan. Did not bother with mandatory winter tires this year, but will get 1 to 2 one week exemption to use it around before we leave. We have another vehicle to get by for the winter (Acura RDX).

BTW after driving the RX, it is day and night compared to the RDX. Just like driving a caddie. I am also used to sporty suspension and performance engine. But I am not disappointed with the V6 in the RX. Similar to the Acura RDX but will not try to compare to the Boss 302.

At my age, I will forego performance for comfort. I`ll get my fix of performance when I work as a Race Official.

Here are the details of the RX

1. RX350
2. No navigation
3. Atomic Silver / Black Interior
4. No Option
5. 18s wheels

Yves
(Ottawa region), Canada
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 4RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-2017-rx-350.jpg  

Last edited by GP3R; 12-08-17 at 10:53 AM. Reason: adding pic

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE