RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-17, 03:46 PM
dsw49
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RX350 AWD; Navigation (12.3" Screen); Eminent White/Noble Brown
Luxury pkg., Color HUD, BSM w/ RCTA, IPA, Heated/Ventilated seats and steering wheel; Touchfree tailgate, Panoramic moonroof; LED ambient lighting; Matte Mocha Wood Trim, Wood Stering wheel, Tripple Beam Headlights with cornering lamps and auto high beams; Climate Concierage; Power rear seat fold down;
Levinson Premium radio w/ 15 speakers; 20" alloy wheels w/ colored inserts

My first Lexus (or shall I say my wife's first Lexus)!
Old 08-19-17, 11:13 PM
hulatee
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Aloha

It has been almost a month since I picked up my F Sport. Would you believe I never drove an RX before I took delivery! I watched every video on the RX for almost a year before talking the plunge. I think I new more than the salesperson about the RX. Anyway I love my ride! It is ultra white w/black interior. I did have the car ceramic coated. The paint, glass, wheels and interior were all done.
Hulatee
Old 08-21-17, 05:26 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by hulatee
It has been almost a month since I picked up my F Sport. Would you believe I never drove an RX before I took delivery! I watched every video on the RX for almost a year before talking the plunge. I think I new more than the salesperson about the RX. Anyway I love my ride! It is ultra white w/black interior. I did have the car ceramic coated. The paint, glass, wheels and interior were all done.
Hulatee
Welcome!! Ceramic coated? I have no idea what that is or why you would do it. Please explain & post pics if you can.

Last edited by gadgetman1; 08-21-17 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Added
Old 08-21-17, 11:33 PM
hulatee
Driver School Candidate

Default Ceramic Coating

EXTERIOR COATING produces an extreme protective barrier for up to 2 years on paint, glass, wheels and trim. Creates an intense high gloss shine that can fill minor scratches and swirls.
  • Produces an extreme protective barrier for up to 2 years on paint, glass, wheels and trim.
  • Creates an intense gloss and glass like shine
  • Extreme slickness which produces a self-cleaning property to repel dust, dirt and mud. Ease of maintenance that keeps the surface cleaner longer than any traditional wax or sealant
  • Resistance to Wash Induced Marring
  • Minor swirl and scratch filling abilities
  • Repels water, oils, dirt, and other contaminants
  • Strong protection from UV rays
  • Resists stains, bird droppings, water spots, and traffic film
  • Resists high temperatures
  • Contains glass Nano particles creating an incredible reflective and hard surface film
  • Can also be layered: Allow 15 to 20 minutes minimum wait time after first layer to allow tacking before applying another coat.
I have three coats on the paint, wheels and glass. There is a five year limited warranty with the product.
:

Old 08-22-17, 09:47 PM
newe70
Rookie

A bitter sweet to let this German ride goes after 17 years with my favor brand and took a delivery of this 2017 RX350 Emminent white over Noble Brown for $55,814 otd with these following options:
  1. bsm/intuitive park assist/cross trafic alert/auto braking/pano view monitor
  2. hud
  3. touch free power rear door
  4. heated and ventilated front seats
  5. tripple beam LED headlamps
  6. luxury pack
  7. pano roof
  8. 12.3" navi system/ML sound
  9. two tone instrument
  10. all weather floormat and cargo tray
  11. dooe edge guard
  12. mud guard, and
  13. cargo net/wheel lock
Old 08-23-17, 04:48 PM
CharSiuBao
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

New Lexus owner here. It's been a week since my wife and I have had our new 2017 RX450h F-Sport.
Old 09-09-17, 07:21 PM
Jagnut
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New RX owner

Good day everyone,

today i picked up a 17 RX 350 F sport. I come from BNW and jaguar, currently own both, and never had a kexus and never thought I'd buy this since the grill seemed too much for me but it kinda grew on me and finally pulled the trigger. I'll be reading all the threads to understand more about this and learn from everyone here.

cheers,
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 4RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_0944.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 4RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_0941.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 4RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_0940.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 4RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_0943.jpg  
Old 09-12-17, 08:57 AM
sturoberts
Driver School Candidate

1. RX350 AWD
2. Navigation 12" Screen
3. White exterior. Brown Interior.
4. Premium package. BSM w/ RCTA, IPA, Heated/Ventilated seats, Touchfree tailgate, Moonroof, Matte Mocha Wood Trim, Wood Steering wheel
5. 20" wheels

Previously a die-hard Acura owner: 2003 TL, 2007 TL, 2012 TL, Wife has an Acura 2014 RDX and daughter has an 2012 TSX.

I will never purchase another Acura. Ever.
Old 09-12-17, 09:30 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by sturoberts
1. RX350 AWD
2. Navigation 12" Screen
3. White exterior. Brown Interior.
4. Premium package. BSM w/ RCTA, IPA, Heated/Ventilated seats, Touchfree tailgate, Moonroof, Matte Mocha Wood Trim, Wood Steering wheel
5. 20" wheels

Previously a die-hard Acura owner: 2003 TL, 2007 TL, 2012 TL, Wife has an Acura 2014 RDX and daughter has an 2012 TSX.

I will never purchase another Acura. Ever.
Why is that? I am curious.
Old 09-12-17, 09:46 AM
sturoberts
Driver School Candidate

Two reasons: 1. Acura is falling behind the technology curve. They come out with features two or three years later than other technology-enabled auto manufacturers. 2. The dealerships in the Dallas area have both become more focused on the bottom line than on the customer. They are "upselling" services, like cabin vent disinfection services, nitrogen in the tires, and other nonsense services. Getting a loaner is an iffy proposition unless you get there at 7:00 in the morning.

Any good company will tell you that if you focus on the customer, the bottom line will take care of itself.

The second comment is what prompted me to look at Lexus. I was always a big Honda/Acura fan, but after the outstanding customer service offered to me at Park Place Lexus, and the technology advancements in Lexus vehicles made the decision a no-brainer. Plus the RX is one hell of a nice ride!
Old 09-12-17, 09:58 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by sturoberts
Two reasons: 1. Acura is falling behind the technology curve. They come out with features two or three years later than other technology-enabled auto manufacturers. 2. The dealerships in the Dallas area have both become more focused on the bottom line than on the customer. They are "upselling" services, like cabin vent disinfection services, nitrogen in the tires, and other nonsense services. Getting a loaner is an iffy proposition unless you get there at 7:00 in the morning.

Any good company will tell you that if you focus on the customer, the bottom line will take care of itself.

The second comment is what prompted me to look at Lexus. I was always a big Honda/Acura fan, but after the outstanding customer service offered to me at Park Place Lexus, and the technology advancements in Lexus vehicles made the decision a no-brainer. Plus the RX is one hell of a nice ride!

Some German cars are more advanced in technology than these two japanese brands, but I agree with you, when I went to test drive the TLX and MDX, I loved the drive but I felt like it was a Honda, not a luxury car.

When I tried the Lexus GS and RX, it felt luxury, a notch above!

We were targetting the GS at first, we always had cars before but we did the jump into the SUV for the first time and I love my RX too!
Old 09-13-17, 06:28 AM
cmagargel
Driver School Candidate

Post 2017 RX350 New CL Member Intro

RX 350, Nightfall Mica ext & Noble Brown int, AWD, hitch receiver & tow package, running boards, HUD, panorama roof, triple beam LED's and Luxury Package. Previous cars Civic Touring, Ford C-Max, BMW 530. Manage a condo building, live alone in Washington DC & bought 350 in Alexandria, VA. Really impressed with CL's comprehensive and sophisticated forum. I'm looking forward to contributing and gaining from CL.
Old 09-22-17, 05:44 AM
gb403
Rookie

Default 2017 rx350

Matador Red Mica w/ Matte Bamboo, 20" wheels, Nav sys,Premium Pkg, towing pkg., BSM auto braking, moonroof. Added this car to garage along with LS460. The color is amazing
Old 09-29-17, 11:48 AM
topdawgx99
Driver School Candidate

2016 RX 350 (used with 9k miles on it)
Premium, no nav
Nebula gray, black interior.

I was driving a BMW Z4 and X1... i bought the rx350 and sold the x1. wife drives is250
Old 09-30-17, 12:51 PM
j0hns0n41
Driver School Candidate

2017 RX450H FSPORT
Excel Ultimate Wrap
Blackvue 750 dual channel dash cam

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE