RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Wait for the 2016 Lexus RX or 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit

Old 03-30-15, 11:39 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by rayaans
Lets just say that the new RX blows the Jeep out of the water - its more like an RR Sport competitor with a lower price tag :P
And you've seen the new RX where? lol
Old 03-30-15, 02:32 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
And you've seen the new RX where? lol
benefits of living in a country where your dealer knows you by name :-)

i used to get pics of new vehicles and info on new engines a lot sooner than press reveal, when I was a dealer in europe... by now all Lexus dealers already got the pics.
Old 03-30-15, 02:41 PM
tdougherty
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
benefits of living in a country where your dealer knows you by name :-)

i used to get pics of new vehicles and info on new engines a lot sooner than press reveal, when I was a dealer in europe... by now all Lexus dealers already got the pics.
If you saw pics/read specs and have concluded that it blows a 2015 JGC Summit out of the water and is of the likes of a RR Sport (with reliability), then you have drastically raised my expectations of what to expect on Wednesday with the RX. If it turns out to be far less than what you are communicating then.....

Last edited by tdougherty; 03-30-15 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-30-15, 03:27 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tdougherty
If you saw pics/red specs and have concluded that it blows a 2015 JGC Summit out of the water and is of the likes of a RR Sport (with reliability), then you have drastically raised my expectations of what to expect on Wednesday with the RX. If it turns out to be far less than what you are communicating then.....
i did not... ryaans said he did... I dont work with Toyota anymore, not for a long time now so I dont have any priviledged information.

Just saying that some dealers already saw this car year ago and probably few weeks ago they got press info to prepare for customer questions. Thats how it works in Europe.

Some Lexus employees that are higher up, already probably went to training and introductions to new model, thats how the system works.
Old 03-30-15, 03:29 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I'm not buying it. If dealers had pics, pics would be on the internet.

My dealer never gets any pics of new models before the general public.
Old 03-30-15, 03:32 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

there is nothing to buy, I know for a fact that we would get all the pics of new models few weeks before auto show, so we know what to expect.

But I would not give this to lowly sales guy to spread around nor would they care to.
Old 03-30-15, 03:32 PM
tdougherty
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by spwolf
i did not... ryaans said he did... I dont work with Toyota anymore, not for a long time now so I dont have any priviledged information.

Just saying that some dealers already saw this car year ago and probably few weeks ago they got press info to prepare for customer questions. Thats how it works in Europe.

Some Lexus employees that are higher up, already probably went to training and introductions to new model, thats how the system works.
My apologies, spwolf.
Old 03-30-15, 03:34 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

.............and, even if they did, the dealership might be sworn to secrecy and could lose their franchise if they leaked it.....though, admittedly, it can be hard to trace who actually leaks things, and occasionally stuff does get out. Auto-journalists and reviewers who get early test-drives are also sometimes sworn to secrecy.
Old 03-30-15, 03:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
.............and, even if they did, the dealership might be sworn to secrecy and could lose their franchise if they leaked it.....though, admittedly, it can be hard to trace who actually leaks stuff. Auto-journalists and reviewers who get early test-drives are also sometimes sworn to secrecy.
Its called a press embargo.

Not buying that dealers have pictures of this car yet.
Old 03-30-15, 03:50 PM
Mr Bond
Pole Position

Not buying that dealers have pictures of this car yet.
This is nothing special or new, I have friends at Audi dealers ( sales manager and technicians ) and they have seen all cars and the specifications at least a month before the press release. This does not mean that every single person has access to them.
Old 03-30-15, 03:54 PM
tdougherty
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mr Bond
This is nothing special or new, I have friends at Audi dealers ( sales manager and technicians ) and they have seen all cars and the specifications at least a month before the press release. This does not mean that every single person has access to them.
This is hard to believe. Let's say that someone very close to me knows somebody who owns one of the Lexus dealerships in my area - no photos yet. If what you said was true, I would know quite a bit more, and not be debating between these two vehicles.
Old 03-30-15, 03:56 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Bond
I think he's using reverse psychology to taunt anyone who has pictures to show it to us here
Old 03-30-15, 04:06 PM
Mr Bond
Pole Position

This is hard to believe. Let's say that someone very close to me knows somebody who owns one of the Lexus dealerships in my area - no photos yet. If what you said was true, I would know quite a bit more, and not be debating between these two vehicles.
Lexus is known for keeping things secret untli the last day, this is really not the case for european cars. I dont know how many times official pictures has been published to early for BMW , MB or Audi. The most extreme must be the new 7 series, 6 months. OK its not press pictures but it clearly shows that the secrecy could be a lot better on many levels..
Old 03-30-15, 04:13 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Lexus is what we're talking about.
Old 03-30-15, 04:41 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

I dont think same happens in USA, as there are simply too many dealers and employees... here in Europe, there are far smaller number of dealers, and we got to talk to big guys all the time. I dont think some random dealer from Kentucky could talk to head of Toyota USA like I could have with head of our Toyota. That then applies to Lexus dealers which are much smaller in number.

I still would not be showing pictures to people in the showroom randomly and I certainly would not send anyone outside the circle these pics. But would I show some pic to a guy that owns $100k Lexus and is interested into upgrade, and share the info I have? Yes of course. Since we are much smaller market, we had much better relationship with customers than some dealer in US that sells thousand cars a month.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wait for the 2016 Lexus RX or 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit