ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022-273/)
-   -   Clunk on full lock (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022/872761-clunk-on-full-lock.html)

rayaans 11-11-17 10:20 AM

Clunk on full lock

My 4RX F-Sport clunks repeatedly when reversing on full lock at very low speeds.
It only does it when raining, almost like the front wheels are slipping and its not always repeatable

Does anyone else have this?

jvinhj240 11-12-17 05:40 AM

suspension problems maybe?

rayaans 11-12-17 02:16 PM

Suspension itself feels tight and can't see anything wrong.

​​​​​Like I said, only happens in the wet at very low speeds when reversing. Hence why I think it may be the front wheels slipping and jumping along. Only have 15k miles on as well

its due 20k service at end of January so will see what they think it is.

chunktwo 11-13-17 09:54 AM

is the ground you are driving on make a difference?? i noticed this going forward in my work parking garage.. they recently re-expoxied the floors... and it feels like the wheels are slipping/skipping/skidding when i turn. even at LOW speeds... we are talking less than 5mph.

FastFord 11-13-17 03:14 PM

I am guessing that it's the AWD system. If you have the wheel turned full lock and reverse the car the outer wheel has some catching up to the inside wheel. With the wet ground the wheel could easily slip, especially with full lock....assuming you mean the steering wheel is fully turned one direction. I would not think this is a problem.

You should get them to check the alignment while it's in for 20K. I forget which setting can make this condition worse, could be caster but not sure......again nothing to worry about.

rayaans 11-17-17 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by chunktwo (Post 10030281)
is the ground you are driving on make a difference?? i noticed this going forward in my work parking garage.. they recently re-expoxied the floors... and it feels like the wheels are slipping/skipping/skidding when i turn. even at LOW speeds... we are talking less than 5mph.

Yes exactly how you describe it. It's a skipping/slipping/skidding sensation and makes a clunk when doing so.

For me, it's only at very low speeds so less than 5mph when reversing out of my drive which is tarmac. Seems to occur more when wet or cold

Originally Posted by FastFord (Post 10030605)
I am guessing that it's the AWD system. If you have the wheel turned full lock and reverse the car the outer wheel has some catching up to the inside wheel. With the wet ground the wheel could easily slip, especially with full lock....assuming you mean the steering wheel is fully turned one direction. I would not think this is a problem.

You should get them to check the alignment while it's in for 20K. I forget which setting can make this condition worse, could be caster but not sure......again nothing to worry about.

It's a 450h so not sure that would apply as the backs wouldn't need to catch up to the fronts as its not connected.

Yes it's only when the wheel is turned fully to one direction, doesn't do it if not fully turned but it's annoying because it means I have to do more manoeuvres to pull out of tight spaces.

To be fair I have noticed some slight tyre scrub on front left tyre outer shoulder and the tyres are low so will need changing soon