RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Tried LED headlight, no good. Anyone tried as well?

Old 11-28-18, 05:43 AM
MeenGrn02
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Check out this (I don't know if he had sold this yet):

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/market/903512

Or maybe you can gain some insights on how he did it?

This is literally what I posted about, a few comments above......
Old 11-28-18, 06:30 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Sorry I did not realize that.

Anyway, to do that HID conversion takes dedication and not easy. For me, that's too much work.........
​​​​​​

Originally Posted by MeenGrn02
This is literally what I posted about, a few comments above......
Old 11-28-18, 07:33 AM
MeenGrn02
Driver School Candidate

Sorry I did not realize that.

Anyway, to do that HID conversion takes dedication and not easy. For me, that's too much work.........
​​​​​​
Even if the HID conversion could save you at least $700?
Old 11-29-18, 08:40 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

I'm happy with the aftermarket LEDs on my CT200h.

I'm also happy with the aftermarket LEDs for fogs (OEM HID's for low beams) for my RX450h and LX570.

Recently I bought an MB GLA250 4Matic. I didn't realize that it was missing HID's. It came with OEM halogens!!! I tried to fit aftermarket LED's with various "adapters" but none will physically fit securely. So I gave up and got some Phillips Diamond vision halogens and be done with it.

Even if the HID conversion could save you at least $700?
Old 12-02-18, 05:57 PM
sz8
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

MeenGrn02, thanks for the info. I currently don't plan to replace the projector housing though. Regarding the diode dynamic led, I am a little bit skeptical about the brightness of the led. It is a lot more expensive than the other ones. Amazon doesn't have much review on that. I will probably spend some time to checkout if that really is better. To answer your question: I am located in Dallas area.

Lexusrus, thanks for the info regarding your CT200h. Don't know why it is much better on your car assuming the projector is similar. Maybe I will try some led similar to yours. The led array of your led with passive heat sink does look a bit different than the ones I got. Thanks.
Old 12-03-18, 02:36 PM
MeenGrn02
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sz8
MeenGrn02, thanks for the info. I currently don't plan to replace the projector housing though. Regarding the diode dynamic led, I am a little bit skeptical about the brightness of the led. It is a lot more expensive than the other ones. Amazon doesn't have much review on that. I will probably spend some time to checkout if that really is better. To answer your question: I am located in Dallas area.

Lexusrus, thanks for the info regarding your CT200h. Don't know why it is much better on your car assuming the projector is similar. Maybe I will try some led similar to yours. The led array of your led with passive heat sink does look a bit different than the ones I got. Thanks.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=10Ro_qgO5qE

Lightwerkz Global and The Retrofit Source are the two most reputable retrofitters in the states, their reviews are pretty solid.

If you’re ever driving around the Dallas area and see a white RX350 with Sewell license plate frames and non-stock looking light output, covering all the lanes of the highway, you now know who it is.

Last edited by MeenGrn02; 12-03-18 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-04-18, 11:21 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Exactly!!!

This is what my CT200h (aftermarket LED'S for low beams and fogs) , RX450h (aftermarket LED'S for fogs. Has OEM HIDs), and LX570 aftermarket LED'S for fogs. Has OEM HIDs) see when rolling down the road. The only difference is that I only spent $89 for a pair of aftermarket LEDs.

If you’re ever driving around the Dallas area and see a white RX350 with Sewell license plate frames and non-stock looking light output, covering all the lanes of the highway, you now know who it is.
Old 12-05-18, 10:02 AM
MeenGrn02
Driver School Candidate

Exactly!!!

This is what my CT200h (aftermarket LED'S for low beams and fogs) , RX450h (aftermarket LED'S for fogs. Has OEM HIDs), and LX570 aftermarket LED'S for fogs. Has OEM HIDs) see when rolling down the road. The only difference is that I only spent $89 for a pair of aftermarket LEDs.
Yeah, but the combo my RX350 is running negates the need for fog lights....
Old 12-05-18, 11:42 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Good for you!!! LOL

Yeah, but the combo my RX350 is running negates the need for fog lights....
Old 12-24-18, 05:41 AM
diverchris
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LED headlight conversion

Hello,
I am considering converting my halogen low beam and High beam lights with LED’s. Since I’m in Canada I will be getting the high beam bulb with the capcator to have the DrL work as well.
my question/concern, which maybe irrational, is the distance between the back of the headlight assembly to the plastic container for the windshield wiper fluid.
The LED’s all have the heat dissipated material at the end of the bulbs. My concern is possibly melting/damaging the windshield fluid container.

Last edited by diverchris; 12-24-18 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 12-25-18, 10:51 AM
mmm def
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I run led bulbs in my wife's 2011 and have no issues. Let me know if you'd like me to take any specific pics for you.
Attached Thumbnails Tried LED headlight, no good. Anyone tried as well?-photo866.jpg  
Old 12-25-18, 01:13 PM
afpj
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

I’ve seen other threads as well as looking at various led vendors. For the headlights, There are so many choices and the same model seems to never stay available, always changing, and none seem to have concrete good reviews. what model did you end up going with for the low beams?
Old 12-25-18, 03:13 PM
diverchris
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

@mmm def,
I am considering LED’s for Xenondepot but will happily look at all options available.
Thank you in advance for sending me information.
Old 12-27-18, 01:50 PM
Gladeiator
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Conversion 2015 RX 350

Hello all, I have a more fundamental question. I bought a 2015 RX 350 as a lease return. I've always thought the low beams were pretty weak. My daughter drove it the other evening and said the same thing. I started doing some research and realized that Toyota gave you the choice of either HID or halogen. How can you tell which low beams you have? The manual doesn't tell you. I figure it is the halogens since they are really not bright at all. Any help would be appreciated. I haven't yet received it, but I went to XenonPro.com and bought a set of H11 LEDs and the Lexus requires an additional capacitor to make sure no error messages show up on the computer. Does anyone have any experience with installing these and how difficult is it to DIY?
Old 12-27-18, 07:25 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

If your low beams are "yellowish" in color, then you have halogens. If they are very bright and "whitish" in color, then they are HID.

We have HID's in our RX450h. But the fogs were halogens (same OEM setup in our LX570). So we just swapped out the halogen fogs for high powered LEDs.

Our CT200h had halogens all around. We swapped out the low beams and fogs for the high powered LEDs.

I have posted LOTS of pics about my LEDs.......

​​​​

Originally Posted by Gladeiator
Hello all, I have a more fundamental question. I bought a 2015 RX 350 as a lease return. I've always thought the low beams were pretty weak. My daughter drove it the other evening and said the same thing. I started doing some research and realized that Toyota gave you the choice of either HID or halogen. How can you tell which low beams you have? The manual doesn't tell you. I figure it is the halogens since they are really not bright at all. Any help would be appreciated. I haven't yet received it, but I went to XenonPro.com and bought a set of H11 LEDs and the Lexus requires an additional capacitor to make sure no error messages show up on the computer. Does anyone have any experience with installing these and how difficult is it to DIY?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tried LED headlight, no good. Anyone tried as well?