ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-3rd-gen-2010-2015-212/)
-   -   Push button start - how to ACC? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-3rd-gen-2010-2015/884024-push-button-start-how-to-acc.html)

bnewcol 03-20-18 04:43 PM

Push button start - how to ACC?

I have a push button start in 2010 RX 350 - first time i've had a car like this. I miss ACC setting where you turn the key once, electrical turns on, but not the engine. i want to sit in my car and program some things, but don't want to waste gas while doing it. Is there a way to do ACC with push button starts?

iolmaster 03-20-18 06:18 PM

Push twice without your foot on the brake pedal.

tempestv8 03-21-18 04:54 AM

Push only once without depressing the brake pedal for Accessories power only. Good for turning on radio, getting power to the three 12 volt power sockets, etc.

Push a 2nd time, again without depressing brake pedal for Ignition power (the usual warning lights will come on, fan for the HVAC can be turned on, brake accumulator will activate, parking sonar system will be armed, etc)

Push a 3rd time to turn everything off.

Superman60 03-21-18 04:57 AM

Without your foot on the pedal, once is acc. twice is on pos.

salimshah 03-21-18 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Superman60 (Post 10148671)
Without your foot on the pedal, once is acc. twice is on pos.

POS ==> ?

I treat them the same as keyed switch
Once -> Acc [first portion]
Twice -> Run [second position, where every thing is on accept you have not started the engine .. some call it "ON"]

Start -> you must depress the brake pedal in addition to the push

Salim

takeshi74 03-21-18 07:28 PM

See also p146:
https://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/d...f/OM48765U.pdf

vfr700f2 03-26-18 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by salimshah (Post 10148988)
POS ==> ?

POS = Position

Just remember if you turn on the 1st or 2nd positions, don't get out of the car, lock it up and go about your business without turning it off again! I just did that last night and it killed the battery in less than 2 hours! And I think the doors didn't actually lock, either.

Don't be like me! (there are SO many occasions where that's excellent advice...)

mandyfig 03-27-18 09:16 AM

This is great info. Had always wondered on how to do the ACC on my IS. It should be the same right? I need to look at my manual as well, should be there in black and white.

Thanks Salim

Twice -> Run [second position, where every thing is on accept you have not started the engine .. some call it "ON"]

Salim[/QUOTE]

Superman60 03-27-18 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by mandyfig (Post 10154688)
This is great info. Had always wondered on how to do the ACC on my IS. It should be the same right? I need to look at my manual as well, should be there in black and white.

Thanks Salim

Salim

[/QUOTE]
Yes, the same.

raytseng 03-27-18 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by vfr700f2 (Post 10154227)
POS = Position

Just remember if you turn on the 1st or 2nd positions, don't get out of the car, lock it up and go about your business without turning it off again! I just did that last night and it killed the battery in less than 2 hours! And I think the doors didn't actually lock, either.

Don't be like me! (there are SO many occasions where that's excellent advice...)

After 10 to 15 minutes my car turns itself off when in Acc mode. Sometimes if I'm listening to a podcast, I stay in the car or while waiting, so that's how I know.
But I didn't get out of the car and go through the exact steps you outlined. It maybe more likely if your door is ajar, the lights drained your battery.

Also, note, if you want to go to accessory mode when stopping, instead of shutdown, turn off your car in Neutral, then shift to Park