RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Floor Matt Choices

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-18, 01:17 PM
HaywardLex
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Floor Matt Choices

I just bought a "new to me" 2012 RX350 and I'd like to get some good winter type (rubber) floor matts. I bought the Weathertechs for my GX and they are nice, but I can't say they are worth as much as they charge. I looked on Ebay and saw some options but would like to know if anyone has found something that works at a better price point than the Weathertech. Anyone tried the Huskyliners ?
Old 01-07-18, 02:50 PM
diverchris
Lead Lap

Yes the WeatherTech laser cut mats have dramatically increased in price but it saves your interior from the horrid-winter and salt. Just my two cents
Old 01-07-18, 02:55 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,096 Likes on 935 Posts

Look around at www.autoanything.com
Old 01-07-18, 04:52 PM
HaywardLex
Rookie

Clutchless, thanks for the link, but It looks like if you want anything that fits well and looks good nothing is cheap. I did see that Lexus has a rubber set that don't look too bad for about $100 for the front and second row. There is also a 2 piece cargo matt that had good reviews for $90 which saves about $80-100 over the Weathertech. I'm gonna keep looking for a while yet but at this point the Weathertech option is probably the way to go - maybe they will run a sale, and it only hurts until ya pay the bill and then it's over.
Old 01-08-18, 06:01 AM
Inspiredd1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Weathertech and the OEM Lexus Rubbers and i can say i prefer the Weathertech for the harsh winters and protection for the interior
Old 01-08-18, 06:27 AM
F250
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

Weathertech fan here. The rear floor liners need to be slightly trimmed where they meet the back side of the front seat floor brackets, though, because they are slightly too tall for adequate clearance. Below is a picture showing some dashed red line markings for how how I trimmed my rear floor liners, there is now plenty of clearance to prevent the seat bracket from pushing them out of place. The trimming was done easily with a large pair of regular scissors.

Also, here are a couple of links to other threads where the Weathertech liners have been discussed at length.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...threads-2.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...tore-pics.html
Attached Thumbnails Floor Matt Choices-trimmed-weathertech-liners.jpg  
Old 01-08-18, 06:59 AM
Clutchless

I put these Canadian all weather floor liners in my RX a couple of years ago and have been satisfied with the fit, look and durability, easy cleaning, plus the great price. https://www.findway.ca/

Direct link to mats https://www.findway.ca/f518-style-3d...rx/2012/37080b

I think the faux carpet appearance is more sophisticated looking than the all rubber mats. And a front and rear set is about $120 shipped to the US

Last edited by Clutchless; 01-09-18 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-08-18, 09:28 AM
alisher
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use carpet version of 3d Maxpider floor mats. There is also carbon version of them and they have 3 choices of color.
Old 01-08-18, 10:36 AM
Clutchless

Did your 3d Maxpider mats actually fit around the floor anchors? I got a set and returned them because the holes were off by a couple inches.
Old 01-08-18, 06:52 PM
ryanr256
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by alisher
I use carpet version of 3d Maxpider floor mats. There is also carbon version of them and they have 3 choices of color.
I bought my wife a set of the Maxpider carpet mats for her new to her 2015 RX350.

We like the look of the carpet and the high sides protect very well. No issues with fit.

-Bob
Old 01-08-18, 07:52 PM
HaywardLex
Rookie

I live in Northern Wisconsin where you seem to drag in a lot of really nasty road san/salt every time you get in and out of the car, and it leaves the grey salt residue on the matts. The Weathertechs I have in my GX get pretty nasty looking, but do clean up easily - any kind of carpet is just out of the question. The only down side to the Weathertech is after a year or two the side edges get warped looking and sort of curl up, they are still effective but look like ****. I think I'm going to try the Lexus rubber and shake them out and wipe them down when they start to look dirty - thinking, or hoping once or twice a week. I just think the Weathertech is WAY over priced for what you get.
Old 01-09-18, 07:11 AM
Clutchless

The Findway floor liners I got can be hosed off and dry quickly. It is more of a thin fuzzy surface that provides traction and looks better than bare rubber. Not really a carpet.
They have more data on the link above. I think Maxpider is similar.
Old 01-09-18, 11:20 AM
BP1203
Rookie

Weathertechs are the best-you get what you pay for.
Old 01-09-18, 11:30 AM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 133 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by HaywardLex
I just bought a "new to me" 2012 RX350 and I'd like to get some good winter type (rubber) floor matts. I bought the Weathertechs for my GX and they are nice, but I can't say they are worth as much as they charge. I looked on Ebay and saw some options but would like to know if anyone has found something that works at a better price point than the Weathertech. Anyone tried the Huskyliners ?
Husky is good as far as fitment goes. I bought Husky mats this winter with new car. Another car came with both mats(carpet, rubber). One time I only had 2 sets of carpet
mats one set for summer one for winter. I used to wash winter one to get ready for coming season; worked out very well. Lot of rubber mats are somewhat slippery which wife complained about
Old 01-09-18, 02:32 PM
phlorida
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Another vote for WeatherTech laser measured liners. They came in my CPO and I really like them.

Quick Reply: Floor Matt Choices