RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Any way to reset the Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-17, 07:28 AM
LexusHoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any way to reset the Bluetooth?

have a 2010RX 350. My phones won’t find the Bluetooth. It’s definitely not the IPhones as they pair to my GS. Is there anyway to troubleshoot the actual Bluetooth in the vehicle. As stated, they pair perfectly with any other Bluetooth device.

This just started about 2 weeks ago and all voice commands are working but when it gets to the point where it tells me to enter the code in my iPhone 7, the phone doesn’t pull up the car media. Tried it with a 6s as well

thanks in advance.

LH
Old 10-15-17, 11:39 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 252 Likes on 199 Posts

Have you rebooted your iPhones lately. My wife just now told me when I asked that her iPhone 7 didn't work in her Prius after an iOS update a week or two ago. She said that problem was resolved after she rebooted her iPhone while trouble shooting a connection problem between her phone and Fitbit.
Old 10-15-17, 12:15 PM
LexusHoo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kansas
Have you rebooted your iPhones lately. My wife just now told me when I asked that her iPhone 7 didn't work in her Prius after an iOS update a week or two ago. She said that problem was resolved after she rebooted her iPhone while trouble shooting a connection problem between her phone and Fitbit.
yeah...thanks. unfortunately I did and it still didn’t work. It pairs with my GS so it’s something with the RX. I even updated the iOS. Still nothing. None of our phones will connect.
Old 10-15-17, 03:43 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

Received 224 Likes on 201 Posts

Will a different phone pair? Is it specific to ANY cell phone or only that particular phone? In case 1, BT module is going south. In case 2, it is something in the phone or in pairing process. Wife's 350 lost my phone after several months of no use and phone update, it took me about dozen pairing attempts and complete deletes to pair it again. then it just did.
SI there a fuse for it? For BT?
Old 10-15-17, 05:04 PM
LexusHoo
Driver School Candidate

Not specific to any phone. Tried 3 different phones, even an old iPhone 4 with an earlier iOS. Doesn’t connect to any. Goes through all the voice commands even to the password prompt but nothing pops up on any of the phones. Looked for a Bluetooth specific fuse but no dice. I guess the module may be bad somehow.
Old 10-16-17, 06:11 PM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 252 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusHoo
Not specific to any phone. Tried 3 different phones, even an old iPhone 4 with an earlier iOS. Doesn’t connect to any. Goes through all the voice commands even to the password prompt but nothing pops up on any of the phones. Looked for a Bluetooth specific fuse but no dice. I guess the module may be bad somehow.
You've mentioned using "voice commands" several times. Which head unit does your RX have? I've never used voice commands to pair a phone on a Lexus or Toyota vehicle - always did it through the nav screens.
Old 10-20-17, 07:13 AM
LexusHoo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kansas
You've mentioned using "voice commands" several times. Which head unit does your RX have? I've never used voice commands to pair a phone on a Lexus or Toyota vehicle - always did it through the nav screens.
i don’t have the full navigation system so mine uses voice commands using the talk switch on the steering wheel

>Setup
>Phone Setup
>Pair Phone
>say name for phone
>confirm

once I complete these commands, it gives me the password that I put in the phone to pair. Unfortunately it never comes up in my phone to pair...
Old 10-20-17, 08:13 AM
zmel
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Just a thought... Did you try to determine how many phones are paired to the car at this point? Perhaps try to delete all phones, then pair your current phone again...
Old 10-20-17, 09:23 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

zmel beat me to it, the RX will pair with four (4) phones.
Press the speech button and say "list phones" prepare to write down each name
Press the speech button and say "delete phone", recite each name and confirm delete.
If it is a new car to you (or are selling it) and you wish to get rid of EVERYTHING, phones, call history,
previous destinations, waypoints and all important destinations then press speech and say "Initialize"
She will ask a couple of different ways..."are you sure?" "really sure?' and poof...all gone
Old 10-22-17, 09:45 AM
LexusHoo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mcomer
zmel beat me to it, the RX will pair with four (4) phones.
Press the speech button and say "list phones" prepare to write down each name
Press the speech button and say "delete phone", recite each name and confirm delete.
If it is a new car to you (or are selling it) and you wish to get rid of EVERYTHING, phones, call history,
previous destinations, waypoints and all important destinations then press speech and say "Initialize"
She will ask a couple of different ways..."are you sure?" "really sure?' and poof...all gone
thanks guys.. yeah, unfortunately I tried that fairly early in the process..didn’t help. I’m at the point where I’ll just have to contact Lexus or someone else that might be able to troubleshoot