ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-3rd-gen-2010-2015-212/)
-   -   Warranty Work on 2014 RX 350 F-Sport (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-3rd-gen-2010-2015/855880-warranty-work-on-2014-rx-350-f-sport.html)

zinnerbug 05-09-17 02:22 PM

Warranty Work on 2014 RX 350 F-Sport

Hi All,
I recently took my RX 350 in to get some warranty work done at Lexus and thought id share on what was covered. Please see the following:

Brake light housing replacement- while i was doing an inspection of the SUV the other day, i noticed that the chrome beveled edge inside the brake lens (on both sides) were fading.
When i asked my service advisor about this, he had never heard of this issue but but did look into it. He ended up discussing this with Lexus to see if it would be covered for replacement under the warranty.
Needless to say, i was able to get two brand new brake lens assemblies since they found this to be a common problem. NOTE- when looking at similar models, i have noticed the same issue going on which should be covered under they warranty. I will be taking my wifes SUV in next week for the same issue.

Squeaky Suspension-I was hearing a squeaking/chirping noise coming from the front suspension when i decided to call Lexus and inquire about this. The techs were able to locate where the noises were coming from- one from the rubber bushing around the suspension. They also had to replace a sway bar bushing that apparently was contributing to the noise. In addition, the hood latch was also making a noise since there were loose parts. All of these repairs were covered under the warranty. If you are hearing noises coming from your suspension, contact your local Lexus Dealership for warranty work since it should be covered.

Stereo system- I was hearing a popping noise on two of the speakers located on the driver front side. At first, i thought it was the actual music i had been listening to but found that it was the speakers. Overall, the two speakers were replaced and the whole system was checked and covered under the warranty.

Motor Panel Clips- Some of the clips in the motor paneling had broken off due to whatever reason and replacements were covered under the warranty.

Transmission- I noticed there was something wrong with the transmission when i was trying to back into a space. While the SUV was in motion and i shifted into reverse, it would make this nasty loud Jerk noise. They ended up doing some part replacement in the tranny which fixed the issue. At first, i thought it had something to do with the transmission and its design with being an F-sport but i was told otherwise. Work was covered under the warranty.

Anyway, i thought id share if anyone was having similar issues. Good luck and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Eddie

linkness 05-11-17 08:34 PM

Hey thanks for your post. A lot of good information and I am shocked by the fact that you had so many problem with your vehicle lol. But quick question on the squeaky suspension as I believe Im experiencing a similar issue. If you don't mind can you listen to this video and tell me if you had the same squeak?

JT4 05-12-17 05:17 AM

Thanks for the info, I too was shocked at all those issues.. How many miles do you have on your F Sport?

mandyfig 05-13-17 05:42 AM

Where's the bird cage? LoL, seriously though, it sounds inconsistent, which is good. Something is making it squeal, whatever it is. Bet you it is something loose under the hood.

zinnerbug 05-15-17 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by linkness (Post 9865298)
Hey thanks for your post. A lot of good information and I am shocked by the fact that you had so many problem with your vehicle lol. But quick question on the squeaky suspension as I believe Im experiencing a similar issue. If you don't mind can you listen to this video and tell me if you had the same squeak? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbUEq3Fhoic

Hey there,
That is exactly what i was hearing. It was almost like a chirping sound. If you car is still under warranty, i would get with the dealership. They covered all my repairs.

zinnerbug 05-15-17 06:36 PM

It could also be something loose on the hood. I just hit 31k in miles

linkness 05-31-17 07:10 PM

I believe my squeak was caused from the latch (flap) of truck/rear door of the vehicle. I sprayed some WD40 on it and the sound went away (Hopefully it stays that way!) Thanks for insight, I will bring it up to my dealer when I get my next service.