RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

What package is this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-17, 04:17 AM
rdfish1
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default What package is this?

2015 re 350 has 19 inch triple spoke rims with bsm,ac seats, nav, wood trim. Color is blue with tan interior. From what I can see, the only thing it doesn't have it heated steering wheel, mark Kevin son stereo and adaptive cruise control. I have looked at many similar cars and none have had anything besides what I describe below, sometimes there are 5 spoke 18 inch wheels w no Nab but 7 of 10 are as I describe.

What pkg do I have and how likely I will find adaptive cruise, mark lev stereo? Seems unlikely
Old 05-09-17, 07:26 AM
Mors
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both adaptive cruise control and mark levinson stereo were mostly on "custom-ordered" cars, not ones that dealers normally stock. Why? who knows. It's the same reason most dealers only have white, gray, or black cars. Heated steering wheel only came with the Luxury package. From what you listed, you pretty much have everything else. Does it have parking sensors too?
I ordered a 2015 a few years ago and got the following as options:
19" wheels
HUD (another option you will only find on ordered cars 99% of the time)
LED headlights
Mark Levinson
Nav
Parking Sensor
Premium Package with BSM (including moon roof, leather trim interior, power folding heated outside mirrors, memory seats, roof rails)
PCS (adaptive cruise control)
Tow Prep Package
Remote Start

So, i think with what you've listed, you have the premium package with bsm along with some other standalone options. I'd say you have most normal options...especially with that rare blue color.
As for Mark Levinson stereo...unless you're a true audio buff and listen to high quality music all the time, then there's no need for this stereo.
Adaptive Cruise: it's nice for the most part, but only when you're travelling. If you don't do a road trip often, it's probably not a big deal. You'd probably have to go to a 2016 in order to get the adaptive cruise and more safety features.
Heated Steering Wheel - you're in florida, so no need for this i wouldn't think.
I would make sure your car has HID or LED headlamps and not halogen. Halogen headlights really downgrades the car in my opinion. I'm not sure when they went to HID as standard.
All of that is just my opinion, and hopefully i didn't mis-speak on anything.
Old 05-09-17, 08:17 AM
tkill
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can email Customer_Satisfaction_Inquiries@lexus.com with your VIN and ask for your build sheet.
Old 05-09-17, 09:54 AM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rdfish1
2015 re 350 has 19 inch triple spoke rims with bsm,ac seats, nav, wood trim. Color is blue with tan interior. From what I can see, the only thing it doesn't have it heated steering wheel, mark Kevin son stereo and adaptive cruise control. I have looked at many similar cars and none have had anything besides what I describe below, sometimes there are 5 spoke 18 inch wheels w no Nab but 7 of 10 are as I describe.

What pkg do I have and how likely I will find adaptive cruise, mark lev stereo? Seems unlikely
You are very unlikely to find it, especially if you are looking from Lexus Dealers. The Lexus main inventory is going to be from Lease Returns, which are going to be mostly all the same middle set of packages and some base models.

If one pops up, I will bet that it is highly likely from a private party owning the car outright (non-lease). A private party typically is going to hold a car more than 3years though, so there is some other circumstance pushing the sale.
Old 05-10-17, 03:00 AM
rdfish1
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Good feedback, thank you. Yes, car has parking sensors and upgraded lights. I think it is hid not led. I guess knowing exactly what pkg it is is hard bc the add on standalone options but it does sound fairly loaded. How can I determine if it has the hud option. I like that but suspect it won't exist on most of the off lease or traded vehicles.
Old 05-10-17, 04:25 AM
Stoodo
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 43 Posts

The HUD option would display the Speedometer on the windshield.
Old 05-10-17, 01:11 PM
Mors
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rdfish1
Good feedback, thank you. Yes, car has parking sensors and upgraded lights. I think it is hid not led. I guess knowing exactly what pkg it is is hard bc the add on standalone options but it does sound fairly loaded. How can I determine if it has the hud option. I like that but suspect it won't exist on most of the off lease or traded vehicles.
As tkill posted above, email lexus the vin number. But you're right. That option is a real rarity and doubtful that RX has it. Plus, i wouldn't hold out hoping you could find one because that would be difficult to do.