RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Satellite Radio/Radio Fin

Old 10-06-16, 02:33 PM
tonyjc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satellite Radio/Radio Fin

A few months back, our garage door came down on the radio fin of the RX and crush it. Got it fixed and installed a new antenna. Everything works fine except the satellite radio. We do not have a subscription so it is not a big deal but I would like to see if I can get it working without too much cost/effort.

Anyone have an idea whether I just need to call XM/Sirius to "activate" the antenna or it is something more complicated?

If I take it back to the dealership, will they know that I have changed the antenna and void my warranty?
Old 10-06-16, 03:55 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyjc
A few months back, our garage door came down on the radio fin of the RX and crush it. Got it fixed and installed a new antenna. Everything works fine except the satellite radio. We do not have a subscription so it is not a big deal but I would like to see if I can get it working without too much cost/effort.

Anyone have an idea whether I just need to call XM/Sirius to "activate" the antenna or it is something more complicated?

If I take it back to the dealership, will they know that I have changed the antenna and void my warranty?
From what I understand the antenna should work without needing to call xm "to activate it". When you select XM do you not hear the sample channel play (usually 001)? If not you might need the dealership to connect it properly or something along those lines. I remember when I had a Corolla and that needed to be done. Even though it was satellite radio equipped it wasn't "satellite radio ready". Since you changed your antenna, that might be the case.