RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

is there difference F Sport Appearance and Package

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-16, 07:26 PM
jdlierle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is there difference F Sport Appearance and Package

title should have said Sport appearance versus F sport package

I was looking at a rx I really liked (internet), but notice car had 19" wheels and was listed as Sport Appearance "Sport Appearance Package Includes: 19" F SPORT Wheels with Superchrome finish and All-Season $1,100.00"

. Is this the same as F sport package with the harsher ride versus regular RX

tks

(tried some google searches but did not find what I was looking for, assuming they are the same package/car)

Last edited by jdlierle; 08-30-16 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-30-16, 09:08 PM
niklow
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Suspension
8spd transmission
standard awd
Comes prett much loded - ML audio

appearance i think is just that - appears as a aport. No other changes
Old 08-31-16, 03:00 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

jdlierle, the sport appearance package is just that with 19" Superchrome rims and tinted headlight housing. It doesn't have the same suspension as the F-Sport with the F-Sport badging, 8 speed trans, graphite 19" rims, AWD,VDIM and black headliner. The sport appearance package was available before the F-Sport came out in 2013. There's also the sport package with 19" Superchrome rims, VDIM and sport suspension. You'll want to avoid that too if you want a normal ride.
Old 08-31-16, 03:51 AM
Jiffin12
Driver School Candidate

You would find more details about the Sports Appearance package in the 2015 Lexus RX sales brochure at:

http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...X-Brochure.pdf

The brochure describes the content of the Sports Appearance package (F-Sport front bumper and grille plus 19" Superchrome split-five-spoke wheels).

What the brochure doesn't do is to describe in one location the content of the F Sport version of the RX.

The 2015 F Sport package has exclusive items including the 8 speed transmission with steering wheel paddle shifters, sports tuned suspension, front bumper and grille, dark graphite 19" split-five-spoke wheels, interior trim (aluminum pedals, leather trimmed steering wheel and shift ****), and special interior leather (either black with white perforations or cabernet). F Sports vehicles have more limited exterior color choices (5 vs. 10 colors). White F Sports models have Ultrawhite exterior paint vs. Starfire Pearl finish.

All F Sport models come with AWD and the contents of the Premium and Comfort packages as described in the brochure.

Essentially, the optional items which are not in the F-Sport content are the navigation system, blind spot monitor, intuitive parking assist, heads up display, or the Mark Levinson sound system. Many F Sport models would have most of those items added to the vehicle.

I have both a 2015 F Sport and a FWD RX350 (with 19" wheels) and my view is that the suspension drive and feel between the two vehicles is very comfortable and not too different. I like both vehicles.

Last edited by Jiffin12; 08-31-16 at 03:57 AM.
Old 08-31-16, 05:21 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by jdlierle
title should have said Sport appearance versus F sport package

I was looking at a rx I really liked (internet), but notice car had 19" wheels and was listed as Sport Appearance "Sport Appearance Package Includes: 19" F SPORT Wheels with Superchrome finish and All-Season $1,100.00"

. Is this the same as F sport package with the harsher ride versus regular RX

tks

(tried some google searches but did not find what I was looking for, assuming they are the same package/car)
I have owned an F-Sport for 2 years and have been happy with it. On smooth roads it's typical Lexus, smooth, quiet and solid. But on roads that aren't so smooth the ride can be a bit rough. But the tradeoff is it handles better than a reg RX, and I like the looks of the F-Sport. I can live with the trade off but some people can't.

So I would suggest a long test drive with an RX with sport pkg and an F-Sport back to back, over all types of road surfaces before making your decision. Good luck..
Old 08-31-16, 09:57 AM
jdlierle
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the info. I don't think f sport package is what I am looking for in a car, but maybe sport appearance will do the trick if I like everything else on the car
Old 09-01-16, 12:06 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

We have a 2013 RX450H with F sports appearance package. Different front bumper and 19 inch rims.
We liked the firmer ride in the Hybrid vs the regular RX350.

thanks for the info. I don't think f sport package is what I am looking for in a car, but maybe sport appearance will do the trick if I like everything else on the car

Last edited by lexusrus; 09-01-16 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-01-16, 04:10 PM
jdlierle
Driver School Candidate

seems like every used RX (9 ish) all had 19's except a much older RX.

Funny, u go for a test ride, and all seems perfect, drive it another day from another dealer on different road, and u get a different impression.

Did drive the rx450H, what a wonderful vehicle too,

choices, choices
Old 09-01-16, 06:57 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

All good UNTIL time to replace the tires!!! Generally 19 inch tires cost more than 18 inch.

Well, if you want the ride, you gota pay. LOL

Funny, u go for a test ride, and all seems perfect, drive it another day from another dealer on different road, and u get a different impression.

choices, choices
Old 09-02-16, 05:09 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

choices, choices
Very true,

Also, putting aside how each RX was taken care of by it's previous owner, although you have been driving RX's with 19's, the tire brand, mileage and overall condition of the tires will make a big difference on how each RX feels.

That's why once you decide on a vehicle, test drive the "stuff" out of it so you know you'll be happy with it before signing on the dotted line.