RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

35k Service - Loaner Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-16, 03:46 AM
Fre3way
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35k Service - Loaner Car

I'm due for the 35k service for my 2013 RX. My car is still under warranty and complimentary maintenance. Will the dealer provide me with a loaner car? Also, are there any recalls or issues I should bring up to make sure everything in functioning fine on my car?
Old 07-01-16, 05:11 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

I usually don't have a problem receiving a loaner when I go in for routine maintenance. However not all dealers are the same, so when you call or email to schedule your appt mention that you need to reserve a loaner for that day.

As far as recalls go I am not aware of any, but to be safe enter your VIN # on the safecar.gov website.

http://www.safercar.gov/
Old 07-01-16, 09:25 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Better yet, sign in to the Lexus Owners website. You can see a link on your Lexus.com.

With your registration, anything that is official about your car (as long as they are serviced by a Lexus dealer), you are able to see, including recalls.
Old 07-01-16, 03:18 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Fre3way
I'm due for the 35k service for my 2013 RX. My car is still under warranty and complimentary maintenance. Will the dealer provide me with a loaner car? Also, are there any recalls or issues I should bring up to make sure everything in functioning fine on my car?
The way our local dealership works is that each service writer has several loaners assigned to them. When I call for a service appointment and I ask for a loaner, the service rep checks the schedule for availability before scheduling my service appointment.

When you call for your appointment you can simply ask if there are any recalls due.
Old 07-01-16, 09:43 PM
TeeDog
Driver School Candidate

My very first interaction with the Dealer I was given a 2017 RX350 and had to go out of town for a business meeting for 4 days.
When I called about putting the fuel back to when I received it ,they said don't worry about.
That was very cool, I refueled it to where I received it anyway.
I guess it's all dependent on the Dealer
T
Old 07-03-16, 10:44 PM
Fre3way
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TeeDog
My very first interaction with the Dealer I was given a 2017 RX350 and had to go out of town for a business meeting for 4 days.
When I called about putting the fuel back to when I received it ,they said don't worry about.
That was very cool, I refueled it to where I received it anyway.
I guess it's all dependent on the Dealer
T
Was this for the 35k service? Also, how long are you allowed to keep the loaners for this service?
Old 07-03-16, 11:17 PM
FLYCT

Last month I had our RXh in for warranty service for rain sensing wipers weren't sensing rain. They gave me a new 2016 RX loaner on a Wednesday. I was called Thursday to let me know that they needed to replace the windshield and it was back ordered. I was given option of keeping the loaner for a week or I could go back and get my car. I elected to keep the loaner.

Another time I dropped my car off for maintenance and had a trip scheduled. I kept the loaner for a week and put about. 800 miles on it. I asked if that would be ok before hand and they were fine with it.

For normal routine oil changes I wait for the car. We usually bring our dog with us and she loves the employees and the employees love her. They are very dog friendly.
Old 07-03-16, 11:33 PM
Fre3way
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FLYCT
Last month I had our RXh in for warranty service for rain sensing wipers weren't sensing rain. They gave me a new 2016 RX loaner on a Wednesday. I was called Thursday to let me know that they needed to replace the windshield and it was back ordered. I was given option of keeping the loaner for a week or I could go back and get my car. I elected to keep the loaner.

Another time I dropped my car off for maintenance and had a trip scheduled. I kept the loaner for a week and put about. 800 miles on it. I asked if that would be ok before hand and they were fine with it.

For normal routine oil changes I wait for the car. We usually bring our dog with us and she loves the employees and the employees love her. They are very dog friendly.
Did you tell them about it when scheduling the service or when you dropped your car off at the dealership? I also have a trip planned and I don't want to get a loaner for a day or so and end up with charges because I didn't return it on time. I wonder if there is a process to requesting a loaner for an extended amount of time.
Old 07-04-16, 06:21 AM
jimmymac30
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

Did you tell them about it when scheduling the service or when you dropped your car off at the dealership? I also have a trip planned and I don't want to get a loaner for a day or so and end up with charges because I didn't return it on time. I wonder if there is a process to requesting a loaner for an extended amount of time.
Most dealers prefer that you return the loaner car within 24 hours of your vehicle being completed. Keep in mind that the loaner that you are using for service, the next customer is waiting to use when you return it. Courtesy. Gas, mileage, service limitations all depend on the dealer specifically. I provide a loaner car for any guest that comes in provided we have enough. We strongly urge any service that takes under 1 hour to perform that the guest enjoy our lounge and amenities to 1. Save them the trip back to the dealership and 2. To provide guests that truly NEED a loaner (car not running as an example) the opportunity to get one. Again, common courtesy but if you come into my dealer and ask for a loaner car, you'll almost always get one.
Old 07-04-16, 02:10 PM
Fre3way
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jimmymac30
Most dealers prefer that you return the loaner car within 24 hours of your vehicle being completed. Keep in mind that the loaner that you are using for service, the next customer is waiting to use when you return it. Courtesy. Gas, mileage, service limitations all depend on the dealer specifically. I provide a loaner car for any guest that comes in provided we have enough. We strongly urge any service that takes under 1 hour to perform that the guest enjoy our lounge and amenities to 1. Save them the trip back to the dealership and 2. To provide guests that truly NEED a loaner (car not running as an example) the opportunity to get one. Again, common courtesy but if you come into my dealer and ask for a loaner car, you'll almost always get one.
I was considering using prestige lexus for my service and came across their policy:

http://www.prestigelexus.com/shuttle-and-loaner

It looks very detailed on what they expect from you in terms of the loaner car. Is this the norm with all lexus dealers regarding loaners? And how strict are they on the 200 mile distance? If anyone has experience with another dealer from the tri-state area or around there, please feel free to share your experience.
Old 07-04-16, 03:00 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

The 35K service is considered minor without an oil change. Usually loaners are given for major service taking 3 or more hours. It's not to say some dealers won't provide one for less. I'm usually given the option regardless of service but decline. It's not worth it for an hour.

Policies vary from dealer to dealer. Same with other conditions regarding loaners. Be courteous, return the vehicle with the same amount of gas and in a reasonable amount of time. Don't expect to keep it for a day or two when the service takes two hours. If that's not possible, consider valet service. They pick up the vehicle from you, leave a loaner, then return your vehicle when it's finished. That way you're both not inconvenienced. For both, advance arrangements are highly recommended.
Old 07-04-16, 04:39 PM
FLYCT

Yes, I let our adviser about our trip.

At the time we had 4 Lexus cars. We had 2 SC430s, a CT200h and a LS460. We were doing lots of driving between two homes. The LS460 was going in for service and the other cars were too small to transport everything we needed for the trip. We were given a nice RX350 for that trip which worked perfectly.

I usually don't take a loaner car offer. I only request a loaner when my wife isn't available to follow me to the dealer with one of our other cars. Last week I needed a loaner because my wife couldn't drive because of recent back surgery.
Old 07-04-16, 08:38 PM
lex_rx
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I request a loaner for all my appointments. Never had any issues with my dealer. But I've been their loyal customer for about 20 years.
Old 07-06-16, 07:36 AM
TeeDog
Driver School Candidate

Was this for the 35k service? Also, how long are you allowed to keep the loaners for this service?
This was not a 35K service, I took it in for transmission fluid on my garage floor.
They said it would be a couple of days and directed me to a loaner car.
I informed them I has a 3 day business appointment, I was informed it was no bid deal, just don't take it out of state.
I think it's a dealer thing how they manage the loaners, I put 700 miles on the loaner on my trip.
T
Old 10-24-19, 08:44 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

I'd assume the OP is looking for an opinion from any locals in the Ontario area on what dealership they use.

Quick Reply: 35k Service - Loaner Car