RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Off DST, how do i reset the clock in my RX?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-15, 08:25 AM
rlstockman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off DST, how do i reset the clock in my RX?

Off DST, how do i reset the clock in my 2011 RX? I have no owners manual.
Old 11-02-15, 08:27 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Settings, clock, click on DST, select off. save. Done.
The following users liked this post:
vlad_a (11-06-17)
Old 11-02-15, 08:39 AM
rlstockman
Driver School Candidate

Thanks kitlz!
Old 11-06-15, 10:06 AM
Gonzo4ever
Driver School Candidate

Default DST / Auto clock adjust NOT intuitive

Glad to see this topic come up. I have a 2015 RX 350 F Sport and was quite confused by the clock settings. The owners manual states to check the Navigation System Owner's Manual if you have nav so, I did. It tells you to turn on or off DST using the icons shown and to turn on or off the Automatic Clock adjust using the icons... and that's it! WTF!!! Am I the only person that would interpret this to mean that if the DST is set to "ON" and/or if the Auto Clock adjust is set to "ON" that I don't have to go back into the general settings to reset my clock every six months??? Maybe a bit more detail regarding what these particular clock features are and how they function would be more helpful.

As a side note, I sure wish I hadn't purchased a new Nissan Murano LX for my wife AFTER purchasing the RX. Many more user-friendly features, better display with sharper, better graphics, and... well, let's just say she loves to remind me how many more features she has that I don't, at $12,000 less for the car! Not that I'm not loving my new Lexus but it sure doesn't seem to have some of the luxury finishes and features I'd expect for the money...
Old 11-06-15, 10:15 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Gonzo - I agree. I'm very impressed with the electronic bells, whistles and voice recognition in my neighbor's newer Ford Escape.
Old 11-07-15, 05:07 AM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Gonzo4ever
Glad to see this topic come up. I have a 2015 RX 350 F Sport and was quite confused by the clock settings. The owners manual states to check the Navigation System Owner's Manual if you have nav so, I did. It tells you to turn on or off DST using the icons shown and to turn on or off the Automatic Clock adjust using the icons... and that's it! WTF!!! Am I the only person that would interpret this to mean that if the DST is set to "ON" and/or if the Auto Clock adjust is set to "ON" that I don't have to go back into the general settings to reset my clock every six months??? Maybe a bit more detail regarding what these particular clock features are and how they function would be more helpful.

As a side note, I sure wish I hadn't purchased a new Nissan Murano LX for my wife AFTER purchasing the RX. Many more user-friendly features, better display with sharper, better graphics, and... well, let's just say she loves to remind me how many more features she has that I don't, at $12,000 less for the car! Not that I'm not loving my new Lexus but it sure doesn't seem to have some of the luxury finishes and features I'd expect for the money...

Does anyone know what the automatic clock setting does? It doesn't change the time for day light savings on my car.
Old 11-06-17, 08:13 AM
jmb0349
Driver School Candidate

Default clock did not change for daylight savings time

My lexus rx350 with navigation clock did not change with daylight savings time. All general settings for the clock are correct.

time zone: eastern
daylight savings time: on
auto adjust by gps: on

Can anyone offer a solution other that change manually?

Thanks,
jmb0349
Old 11-06-17, 08:50 AM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by jmb0349
My lexus rx350 with navigation clock did not change with daylight savings time. All general settings for the clock are correct.

Thanks,
jmb0349
The change is not automatic. You have to go in and turn daylight saving time to off. Pretty stupid, Right? At least that is what I did on my 2015.
Old 11-06-17, 09:04 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

The car is not connected to the net, hence no way it knows when the savings time change. In the near future, when all cars are connected, expect this to be standard. All of my weather satellite clocks change the time correspondingly.
Old 11-06-17, 09:11 AM
tn7con
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by jmb0349

Thanks,
jmb0349
Clock menu didn't say "auto adjust by GPS," did it?
Old 11-06-17, 09:20 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 479 Likes on 333 Posts

I believe the clock time signal is received via the Sat radio, but since that is not really location enabled beyond being somewhere on this side of the planet, and DST rules are subject to change, you've been left on your own to change the setting twice a year. Some cars with built in cellular service, like with OnStar, can pluck the correct time and time zone right out of thin air. But that's spooky dark magic, and we shall not mention that again.
Old 11-06-17, 10:09 AM
phlorida
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the identical issue on my 2015 RX350 w/nav. The 3 settings described by the OP are the only options that I can find. I have changed each of them and saved the settings but the time never changes.
Old 11-06-17, 01:16 PM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by phlorida
I have the identical issue on my 2015 RX350 w/nav. The 3 settings described by the OP are the only options that I can find. I have changed each of them and saved the settings but the time never changes.
Did you click the Save button? It's not intuitive.
Old 11-08-17, 04:27 AM
phlorida
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Iolmaster is correct. Set Daylight Savings Time = Off and save. I finally got down to the garage to try that.
Old 11-05-18, 04:48 AM
jskennedy
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default can't adjust time

auto-adjust has never worked for daylight savings time
i've manually adjusted DST for nearly a decade w/o issue
have had no computer updates in several years
no longer able to adjust time
if i disable auto-adjust, disable DST, or change time zone
the modifications initially work until i exit the screen & they then revert back
any hey-try-this thoughts ?
thanks

Last edited by jskennedy; 11-05-18 at 04:50 AM. Reason: mod

Quick Reply: Off DST, how do i reset the clock in my RX?