RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2015 RX 350 Best Prices So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-15, 01:54 PM
shaggee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say us tri- state folks try to combine our purchse power and make a deal with 1 dealership.

I am looking to lease. Would be happy with sub 400 post tax payment for AWD and NAV.

What do you think?
Old 11-21-15, 02:34 PM
dave70
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shaggee
I say us tri- state folks try to combine our purchse power and make a deal with 1 dealership.

I am looking to lease. Would be happy with sub 400 post tax payment for AWD and NAV.

What do you think?
I am in - stay in New York - doc fee limited to $75 bucks by law.
Old 11-23-15, 03:33 PM
ayekay
Driver School Candidate

I'm looking to buy a 2015 RX350, with the Premium pkg W/Blind spot detector option in the Seattle area.

the MSRP on a car with these options is around 50500. what would be a good price to start negotiating with ?
Old 11-24-15, 06:20 PM
ehc0720
Driver School Candidate

I just picked up a 2015 F-Sport with navigation, BSM, park assist $5,000 off msrp. Came out to $47,760.
Old 11-25-15, 05:50 AM
jsix2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shaggee

What do you think?
I think you should be able to get that pretty easily.

My best offer was about 9% off MSRP if 51k, so about 4.5k off. Salesman said this was the best price he could offer and that he was doubtful I could do better. I didn't really buy it and I'm certain I could do better.
Old 11-30-15, 02:48 AM
Richie7
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ayekay
I'm looking to buy a 2015 RX350, with the Premium pkg W/Blind spot detector option in the Seattle area.

the MSRP on a car with these options is around 50500. what would be a good price to start negotiating with ?
When we purchased our 2015 in late August I started at 15% off MSRP with about 7 dealers in IL and St. Louis, MO. Fortunately for me the closest one gave me the best price of about 11-12% off. I recommend getting prices from more than one dealer. I will say that dealer throwing in body side moldings was part of the 11-12%. I honestly feel when it gets down to about where the dealer will not budge anymore that they will take the deal after you tell them you will take it if they throw in.... Do not be shy about what and how much they throw in. I wished I would have told them more to see how much more I could get.

For the 1st time in my life I purchased their 10 yr. warranty because we keep our cars for over that time period and also because of the electronics in the car. Never have had one with so many "bells and whistles"! I was able to get down to around $2500 for the 10 yr. warranty. Mgr. said it would normally sell for over $4k. Do not know if he was blowing smoke or not. But I am going to try it since it did not cost that much more for what I was getting.

When looking at quotes from various dealers, take into consideration distance from you home when comparing prices. I would have actually paid a little more to get my RX from the closest dealer. Fortunately, the closest dealer gave me the best price. It did make a difference getting prices late in the month. They told me the price was good until first of month!

Good luck.
Old 12-04-15, 12:30 AM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

The absolute best deals will be had on 12-31. It's the triple witching hour: end of the month / end of the quarter/ end of the year. Contact as many dealers as you can via email and play them against each other. Buy from the one with the best price. But before you go to the dealer with the best price and buy make one last offer for all the other dealers to beat your best price. They will! 13 - 15% off msrp is very doable.

But give the other dealers your cell phone number and let them know if they can do significantly better to call you before you sign on the dotted line. They will call you! Then call your contact at the dealer you had an appointment with to buy and let them know you won't be coming in because dealer xx just gave you a better deal and you'll be heading over there to buy from them. Just sit back for a second or two, smile, and wait for it- just wait- cause it's coming- an even lower and better price from that dealer! Well ... Time to call dealer xx and give them the "bad news!" That's right - just sit back for a second or two and smile- wait for it- just wait ...!!! See how fun this can be when they are playing your game by your rules!

Dealers get significant volume bonuses for hitting their goal numbers and these bonuses count for every car they sold for the entire year! If they need one more car sold to get their bonus they literally will sell it to you for whatever it takes to sell that last unit. At this point for that special dealer the discount off msrp does not matter - what matters is selling one more unit no matter what so,they can receive their bonuses on every car they have sold that year. You will be completely in control with one of these dealers because it could mean huge $$$$$$$$'s for them if you buy. Huge money for them - like more money than most people make in like forever. You could hit the new car jackpot by playing the game this way.

Just b patient and have fun. Make it a game, take your time, let them know you are on the way to buy from X dealer and if they can do significantly better - they better call you now cause your buying tonight, new years eve the best bewitching hour in new car buying. When I got my RX450h three years ago on 12-31 at 11pm the general manager of the dealership came in to meet me. He said, "congratulations! I've been the general manager her for 8 years and I've never sold a Lexus with this much of a discount before!

To achieve this you do it all via email until the end. You never ever ever negotiate at the dealership! You play them against one another on price via email. Start about a week before 12-31 - just after Christmas in the comfort of your own home. When you actually go in the deal is done and you are just going in to sign the paperwork and pick up your beautiful new car. This is how to get the best deal of your life every time you buy a car, and how to have the most wonderful new car buying experience. This is the only way to fly if your goal is to get the absolute best price on a new car. The few hours it takes to do this could save you thousands and thousands of dollars over traditional car buying approaches. Plus, that special dealer truly wants to sell you a car at any cost so they can make tons and tons of money on the back end from the manufacturer because of your deal. You are their savior. They will thank you and love you for buying their car from them for what you have given them - more money than you can count. Be confident as it is a huge win win for everyone.

Enjoy - And merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-05-15, 11:24 PM
ayekay
Driver School Candidate

thanks... given that we are still in early December.. what % of discount can one expect on MSRP on a 2015 model?
Old 12-06-15, 03:56 AM
shaggee
Driver School Candidate

I have reached out to most dealers in the nyc/ tristate ares, and have not been able to get very much off.
Old 12-06-15, 07:03 AM
chandlervt
Driver

Default 2015 rx350

MSRP: $47280
SP: $42100
Another $2k in lease incentive, plus dealer threw in all weather mats, Resistall and cargo net for free.

So saved about $7k and some change. Happy with the purchase and deal. I doubt I will go back to any other car.
Old 12-06-15, 09:53 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Dealers around here are offering the $2000 lease cash back but they are charging $500 for nitrogen and paint seal, $650 for paperwork anfdan addition $700 lease fee. So no great deal in the Raleigh/Durham area!
Old 12-06-15, 12:51 PM
chandlervt
Driver

$2k lease cash is from Lexus and Lease fee is charged by Lexus. I paid that too but $650 for paperwork is too much. I paid $130 or change. Nothing more except for TTL. Nitrogen is a rip-off. Ask dealer to remove it and fill it with air. Resistall is a paint and interior sealant - dealer threw in for free for me because I didn't want to get beige interior and thats all they had in the configuration I wanted. I forgot to mention they also threw in the window tints for free. To be fair, they have never charged me for tints in 3 cars I have bought from them.
Old 12-09-15, 07:18 PM
freeflight
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott, you are such a master in car buying, thanks for writing in great details about negotiation.
Old 12-10-15, 06:00 AM
twotogo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Scott1258
The absolute best deals will be had on 12-31. It's the triple witching hour: end of the month / end of the quarter/ end of the year. Contact as many dealers as you can via email and play them against each other. Buy from the one with the best price.
Good morning,

I've been lurking on this forum for almost a year and this is the best and most hopeful info I've read so far! I am ready to buy but I'm torn between purchasing a certified 2013 or 2014 F Sport in the $30k to 35k range or trying to bargain hard on a new, but "leftover" 2015 F Sport/Crafted Line down to the low to mid $40s. Would the advice you gave work as well for a used RX as well? I understand the reasoning with the new car sales goals but is there the same pressure to move the used inventory at the end of the month/quarter/year?

I have also read elsewhere that in 2016, there will be a possible oversupply of returned 2013-2014 leased vehicles coming off of 2 and 3 year leases. If I'm not getting the awesome pricing you speak of at the end of the month, I'm willing to wait a few months into 2016 to see if I can leverage all of that inventory into a great deal for myself. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-30-15, 03:38 PM
SethNaga
Rookie

Any updates on anyone on 2015 RX prices?
Here is what I have
RX 450h 2015: MSRP is 59K. Quoted 5000$ less than MSRP.(8.4%) Is this good price?

Quick Reply: 2015 RX 350 Best Prices So Far?