ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-3rd-gen-2010-2015-212/)
-   -   3rd Gen Lexus RX hard suspension (merged threads) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-3rd-gen-2010-2015/733662-3rd-gen-lexus-rx-hard-suspension-merged-threads.html)

rgray70 02-25-19 08:16 AM

just the rear and a 3-4 week wait

geng77 02-25-19 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by rgray70 (Post 10450405)
just the rear and a 3-4 week wait

That's really high for just the rear.

tqh 02-28-19 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by rgray70 (Post 10450246)
I talked to them as well.they wanted 488$ for 20% softer springs,seems kind of high for a maybe fix

I'm a little concerned 20% is too much. The RX's GVWR is 5600lbs, so 20% = 1120 lbs, it's more than the maximum load 880 lbs (passengers and cargo).

rgray70 03-03-19 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by tqh (Post 10454017)
I'm a little concerned 20% is too much. The RX's GVWR is 5600lbs, so 20% = 1120 lbs, it's more than the maximum load 880 lbs (passengers and cargo).

that was just their suggestion

rgray70 03-30-19 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by rgray70 (Post 10377816)
I just recently purchased a 2013 rx350 base. it has 18" Michelin tires with 32psi in them. it rides terrible on just average bumpy roads ,its not just firm,it actually jars you like it has no suspension,.had I drove it on anything but glass smooth roads on the test drive I surely wouldn't have bought it. does anyone has any suggestions? it has 81000 miles on it.i had my local agarage check the rear suspension and he couldn't find anything. thank you

update...I finally got my ride fixed, it now rides smooth as it should! I put a set of used 2015 fwd springs on and now it rides fantastic! it doesn't sway or ride to soft,its just perfect. I even hooked my trailer (2500lbs) to it and it still rode great with no swaying. I found the springs on e bay for 60$ and paid 60$ to have them installed,i still keep 32lbs air in the tires (18" Michelin) its like a different car. I hope this works for any of you who want to try it as well.

14RX350 03-30-19 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by rgray70 (Post 10479266)
update...I finally got my ride fixed, it now rides smooth as it should! I put a set of used 2015 fwd springs on and now it rides fantastic! it doesn't sway or ride to soft,its just perfect. I even hooked my trailer (2500lbs) to it and it still rode great with no swaying. I found the springs on e bay for 60$ and paid 60$ to have them installed,i still keep 32lbs air in the tires (18" Michelin) its like a different car. I hope this works for any of you who want to try it as well.

Thanks for the update. I'm not sure I completely understand though. So your car is a 2013 fwd, and you just swapped out your rear springs with used ones from a 2015 fwd? Is that correct?

rgray70 03-30-19 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by 14RX350 (Post 10479348)
Thanks for the update. I'm not sure I completely understand though. So your car is a 2013 fwd, and you just swapped out your rear springs with used ones from a 2015 fwd? Is that correct?

mine isn't a fwd,its awd

14RX350 03-31-19 10:42 AM

Ok gotcha, so you're saying the fwd springs are softer.

rgray70 03-31-19 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by 14RX350 (Post 10480013)
Ok gotcha, so you're saying the fwd springs are softer.

what i'm saying is thats what I did and the results that I got .

SaipanBin 04-01-19 10:55 PM

Hello all, finally got 20" forged wheels installed with 255-50 tires, so here I am sharing with you all again.
CAN'T BE MORE HAPPIER. (Zoom lowering spring + 20" forged wheels and tires)
With this lower profile tires and lighter wheels setup, it is perfect for my taste, tried of twisty road and bumpy road; smooth and handle as expected, I would say it feel like driving a older BMW X5 and turn like a Toyota FRS. Hope this help someone.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...5b1f1e81d2.jpg

JCBRMR 07-23-19 03:42 PM

Hi there, I would like to also lower my RX350 and the RSR only comes in a 1 inch drop, I see yours has a perfect amount of drop, my question is with this Zoom brand of lowering spring which did you go with are there different options that give you different amount of drop? which did you go with and which sight did you order from Japan Ebay or Japan Amazon? Thank you for any help and info you can provide.

SaipanBin 07-23-19 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by JCBRMR (Post 10572271)
Hi there, I would like to also lower my RX350 and the RSR only comes in a 1 inch drop, I see yours has a perfect amount of drop, my question is with this Zoom brand of lowering spring which did you go with are there different options that give you different amount of drop? which did you go with and which sight did you order from Japan Ebay or Japan Amazon? Thank you for any help and info you can provide.

I got it from Japan Amazon, you must type in Japanese to search for it, my Japanese friend helped me.

wahaus 08-05-19 10:32 AM

2012 RX450H, new owner

After nearly a year of trying to find the "perfect" RX, we found one that was "close enough". It's a 2012 RX 450H in the required Matador red. Not sure what all of the packages are (original sticker is in the glove box) but the highlights are nav, 19" wheels, AWD, LED headlights, remote start, and trailer tow package. The only option we wanted but didn't get was the ML stereo. Car has just under 100K and looks like new. Two-owner, local car with complete dealer service history. We had the car overnight for a test drive and was happy with deal. I also paid for an inspection by my local independent Lexus mechanic, who gave it a "thumbs up" — his only note being it would likely need a new12v battery before winter.

But to be honest, we are quite disappointed in the ride. I'm not sure why we didn't notice this in all of our test drives, but it's quite harsh and jittery. My guess is that we were concentrating on the condition of this specific vehicle and the possibility of poor ride quality didn't even enter our minds. I've owned 5 other Lexus's and the ride doesn't come anywhere close to the others. I'd say this was because my other Lexus's were not SUVs but, my wife had ridden in a RX300 that belonged to a co-worked and it rode great. The idea of a newer one riding worse, wasn't even on our radar.

I've read the MANY pages of comments on this forum and think we are basically stuck. Granted, ours is riding on 19's, and a switch to 18's might make things a bit better, but only a little. I've lowered the air pressure from the 37 PSI to 33 PSI as indicated on the door jam.

We've had the car less than two months and am still adjusting. The jury is still out on wether or not we will keep the car. Trouble is, I have no idea what we would replace it with.

Clutchless 08-05-19 12:18 PM

Check if the rear shocks are leaking as that is a common issue. You can do this yourself, the shocks are long tubes next to each rear tire. If the lower half is darker, or wet looking then you have a leak and they need to be replaced. Or you could just replace them anyway because the rear shocks affect your ride quality more than the front struts and rear shocks are inexpensive. You can get a set of Monroes or KYBs from RockAuto for under $140 and a local mechanic can install them in under an hour, but they may charge for 2 hours!

The other thing is that changing your tires can make a HUGE difference in ride quality. What is on the car now? Read the reviews at www.tirerack.com to find soft riding tires in your size.

wahaus 08-05-19 02:27 PM

Thank you for the response. While I supposed things could have changed, I know the rear shocks were not leaking when I bought the car. The tires are Michelin but I’m not sure which model. The car is not here, but I will check later.