RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Car stereo

Old 02-11-14, 08:18 AM
ngerstman
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rozay604
I have 2 12's in my rx and I still have the entire cargo area.
Where did you put them to not take up any cargo area? How are you powering them? What brands are they? And of course, how does it sound. Thanks. Regards. Ned.
Old 02-11-14, 09:30 PM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ngerstman
Where did you put them to not take up any cargo area? How are you powering them? What brands are they? And of course, how does it sound. Thanks. Regards. Ned.
I took out the spare tire. Reason I'll never use the spare n I got roadside assistance 24hr a day. I'm running alpine type r slim subs 2 12's swr-t12 and all alpine pdx amps. I changed all my speakers also. I didn't mind the 12 stock speakers but I find that they don't go loud. For most ppl the stocks are ok but for me I like my system to be able to go loud when it needs to be and I also run a audison bit one which allows me to tune my subs and speakers with full eq n crossover capability
Old 02-12-14, 01:48 PM
ngerstman
Rookie

I took out the spare tire. Reason I'll never use the spare n I got roadside assistance 24hr a day. I'm running alpine type r slim subs 2 12's swr-t12 and all alpine pdx amps. I changed all my speakers also. I didn't mind the 12 stock speakers but I find that they don't go loud. For most ppl the stocks are ok but for me I like my system to be able to go loud when it needs to be and I also run a audison bit one which allows me to tune my subs and speakers with full eq n crossover capability
I fully respect and appreciate your passion!! I am one who has a long history of putting exotic and expensive after market stereo creations in my vehicles. I found the 12 speaker stock system to be ok but lacking any kind of low end. I also don't listen any where as loud as I once did as my ears have been battered by too many concerts, the longevity of my hearing is now a priority! Even with road side assistance I wouldn't want to give up my spare. Once adjusted properly, the Rockford woofer doesn't sound all that bad given the cheap cost and simple non-invasive install. What speakers are you using and are you not using the stock amps any more? Thanks. Regards. Ned.
Old 02-13-14, 12:20 AM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

I fully respect and appreciate your passion!! I am one who has a long history of putting exotic and expensive after market stereo creations in my vehicles. I found the 12 speaker stock system to be ok but lacking any kind of low end. I also don't listen any where as loud as I once did as my ears have been battered by too many concerts, the longevity of my hearing is now a priority! Even with road side assistance I wouldn't want to give up my spare. Once adjusted properly, the Rockford woofer doesn't sound all that bad given the cheap cost and simple non-invasive install. What speakers are you using and are you not using the stock amps any more? Thanks. Regards. Ned.
Ya all my 20 years owning a car. I have never ever use a spare in my life. That's why I went with the idea. There was another guy who did 2 8 inches with a fibre glass mold on the side. That was my original idea but I like 12's. So the alpine slims were the clear choice. I originally had the jl 13tw5 but didn't like how it sound. The alpine slims have better sq. right now I'm running hertz hi energy 3 ways in the front but will be changing them out for a set of morel supremo. I like changing speakers here and there. Jus to try out. A lot of ppl on this forum thinks the ml system is better than the stock 12 premium. I had the opportunity to borrow a 2013 f sport rx to compare and to be honest def not worth the upgrade. The ml does sound a little more fuller n cleaner but it still missing that lil extra bass. In my 2013 gs f sport I have a much more wild system in there. Full hertz mille. If u wanna see some pics I'll be glad to show u. Thanks.
Old 02-13-14, 09:06 AM
ngerstman
Rookie

Ya all my 20 years owning a car. I have never ever use a spare in my life. That's why I went with the idea. There was another guy who did 2 8 inches with a fibre glass mold on the side. That was my original idea but I like 12's. So the alpine slims were the clear choice. I originally had the jl 13tw5 but didn't like how it sound. The alpine slims have better sq. right now I'm running hertz hi energy 3 ways in the front but will be changing them out for a set of morel supremo. I like changing speakers here and there. Jus to try out. A lot of ppl on this forum thinks the ml system is better than the stock 12 premium. I had the opportunity to borrow a 2013 f sport rx to compare and to be honest def not worth the upgrade. The ml does sound a little more fuller n cleaner but it still missing that lil extra bass. In my 2013 gs f sport I have a much more wild system in there. Full hertz mille. If u wanna see some pics I'll be glad to show u. Thanks.
I have heard from many that the ML sound system is an embarrassment to the ML name. So you are replacing the front speakers but still using the rx electronics? Do your replacement speakers go where the existing speakers are located? I never heard of Hertz High Energy, are they better than the stock speakers? I know that Morel makes some nice drivers. My last few high end systems I used Focal Utopia speakers, but that was way back in 2001 in my Mercedes e55, before that in my 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Jeep system sounded unbelievable with a sealed box Alumipro subwoofer. I have never been able to get the bass sounding right in my e55, which I still own. Have you ever used or heard any good free air woofers for the rear deck? Right now I'm trying some Focal woofers that are barely ok. I'm on hold right now with the e55 due to the weather and my Zapco amp shut down, not sure what the issue is. Thanks. Regards. Ned.
Old 02-13-14, 10:32 PM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

I have heard from many that the ML sound system is an embarrassment to the ML name. So you are replacing the front speakers but still using the rx electronics? Do your replacement speakers go where the existing speakers are located? I never heard of Hertz High Energy, are they better than the stock speakers? I know that Morel makes some nice drivers. My last few high end systems I used Focal Utopia speakers, but that was way back in 2001 in my Mercedes e55, before that in my 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Jeep system sounded unbelievable with a sealed box Alumipro subwoofer. I have never been able to get the bass sounding right in my e55, which I still own. Have you ever used or heard any good free air woofers for the rear deck? Right now I'm trying some Focal woofers that are barely ok. I'm on hold right now with the e55 due to the weather and my Zapco amp shut down, not sure what the issue is. Thanks. Regards. Ned.
Ya talking about ml a lot of ppl don't even know what it's about. I use to have a few ml mono blocks for my separate listening room but I sold them for some macs. As for focal utopia that is some fine speakers u had. Love those. To me ml in lexus is a disgrace to the name of mark levinson cause they got some crazy home audio.
Old 02-13-14, 10:34 PM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

Also ya I use the factory location and the hertz hi energy are good but the morel supremo is by far prob a better sound.