RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Should I lease another RX350 or just buy the vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-13, 04:28 PM
atomarchio
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Should I lease another RX350 or just buy the vehicle?

My 2011 RX350 AWD with/Nav lease comes to an end on 12/31.

I am trying to decide between another one-pay lease or just buy the car outright. I can purchase the car for 29K plus tax.

Is anyone else struggling with the decision between leasing again or buying the car?

I could probably do another one pay lease for 18K at 36 months. I am thinking that's a better option than 29K+ tax + new tires/break pads, etc.

If I finance the vehicle through LFS, do they offer a good deal?

Would like to hear your comments/suggestions? Perhaps I am missing something. Thanks.
Old 10-08-13, 06:21 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by atomarchio
My 2011 RX350 AWD with/Nav lease comes to an end on 12/31.

I am trying to decide between another one-pay lease or just buy the car outright. I can purchase the car for 29K plus tax.

Is anyone else struggling with the decision between leasing again or buying the car?

I could probably do another one pay lease for 18K at 36 months. I am thinking that's a better option than 29K+ tax + new tires/break pads, etc.

If I finance the vehicle through LFS, do they offer a good deal?

Would like to hear your comments/suggestions? Perhaps I am missing something. Thanks.
The best used car..is the one you're leasing provided you took care of it as scheduled.
The Residual ( what you will pay to buy the caR) is a lot cheaper than bluebook value.
So it's a Win-Win if you ask me.

And you don't have to wait for the end of your lease to buy it, you can actually buy the car the second day of your lease...however waiting for the last day MAY give you some negotiating power with LExus Financial Services.
Others claim you can negotiate for the price, but i don't have personal knowledge of this happening.

I would suggest going with your credit union. My CU offers 1.49% for NEW and 1.99% for used.
That's very competitive to what LFS will give you.

How long do you intend to keep the car? another 3 years? 7 years?
the good thing about buying now vs leasing again is that you'll OWN the car after 3yrs/5yrs depending on your Loan.

IF you want to Lease/Buy another RX after 5-7 years, you can use the 2011 RX as a trade in which will lower your payments more.

IF i was in your shoes, and i know i took care of the RX the way i should. i'd buy it. Most people who don't own a Lexus won't notice the difference between 2010-2012 and the 2013-up.
You'll miss the Blind Spot Monitoring, Intuitive park Assist and the automatic folding side mirrors.
You're fuel recommendation is still Premium.
Old 10-09-13, 07:18 AM
atomarchio
Pit Crew

You've made some excellent points here! I can't see myself keeping the vehicle more than another 3 years.

So how much do you think the vehicle (2011 RX350 AWD with/Nav) would be worth then? That's the question right?

If I buy out the car I and buy new tires I am probably around 32K. However, I could lease another RX for 3 years at 18K without having to buy new tires and having full warranty coverage the entire time.

So which option makes more sense? That's the dilemma I am having.
Old 10-09-13, 02:51 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The vehicles give you a lower payment generally if you lease and by only keeping your car another 3 yrs and paying the fees for new tires and pads, it seems like more money for the same period of time to have a vehicle that is already a few years old.

I'd just try and see if you can get any trade equity in your current vehicle and use it as a trade and further help you out on getting into the new vehicle. The only way I'd ever keep a car longer was if it was a discontinued body style that I liked more and was simply finding what I had to be better than what was new.
Old 10-09-13, 03:18 PM
atomarchio
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
The vehicles give you a lower payment generally if you lease and by only keeping your car another 3 yrs and paying the fees for new tires and pads, it seems like more money for the same period of time to have a vehicle that is already a few years old.

I'd just try and see if you can get any trade equity in your current vehicle and use it as a trade and further help you out on getting into the new vehicle. The only way I'd ever keep a car longer was if it was a discontinued body style that I liked more and was simply finding what I had to be better than what was new.
The RX was a "one-pay" lease which ends on 12/31. How would I determine if there is any trade equity? Are you suggesting take it to the dealer and see if they would purchase the vehicle?
Old 10-10-13, 12:40 AM
Forum7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I traded my 2011 for a 2013 with six months left on the lease. The dealer bought the car and leased me
a new one. Same lease terms as before.

Had many problems with the 2011 so I am happy to get rid of the car.

Looks like most of the 2010/11 bugs have been fixed/adjusted on the 2013. I did lose the automatic HID feature
and the automatic Hi-Beams. The rear cup holder wood trim is also gone..