RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

F-Sport Grille on 2013 Lexus RX350

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-13, 05:58 AM
yigitgol
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Sport Grille on 2013 Lexus RX350

Happy New Year everyone. I just bought a 2013 Lexus RX350. I was in love with the F-Sport Grille (honeycomb design and the larger lower grille), but the F-Sport model was too pricey. They include a lot of things in that model that I just don't need. However, I do want to swap out my RX350 grille for that honeycomb upper grille on the F-Sport model. Does anyone know where I can find one? I checked Sewell but their Part Numbers are very confusing. Thanks.
Old 01-02-13, 08:36 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Happy New Year yigitgol.

I believe this is what you are looking for?

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-cat...X350-2013.html (Part 53111 details: 531010E160)

However, it looks like it's the entire chrome spindle + mesh grill sold as one unit. You'd have to call and ask if the mesh grill can be removed since the F-Sport spindle would not fit on the stock RX bumper, and if not, if you're willing to do your own cutting and bonding.

I also did some quick math from the Sewell site and if you want to change the entire front bumper and all underlying parts to F-Sport parts, it's a good $2K.

Good luck.
Old 01-02-13, 08:47 AM
AconRX
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or wait to see if the aftermarket comes out with an F-Sport grille version (fingers crossed) like they did with the IS which sells for about $100 on ebay. I think the OEM F Sport grille alone costs about $500 on Sewell and then you would have to check to see if you don't need the rest of the parts which would bring the price up as previously mentioned.
Old 01-02-13, 04:23 PM
yigitgol
Driver School Candidate

Thank guys. $500 is a lot. I guess I will have to wait and hope for an aftermarket grille. Does anyone know Sewell's phone number? I cant find it on their website. Thought I'd ask them a couple of questions anyway. Thanks again.
Old 01-08-13, 11:38 AM
hoang27
Driver School Candidate

I special ordered my 2013 RX350 with the Appearance Package that comes with a sportier bumper similar to the F-Sport bumper, but the black spindle is only on the lower portion of the bumper. This option also came with 19"wheels with a super chrome finish. It looks great. It's a rare option that not many cars come equipped with. There are no vehicles with this option within 500 miles of Chicago. Here is a link to photos. Hope this helps. It costs $1200 for this option.

Old 07-08-13, 01:14 AM
p0c1
Driver School Candidate

Default 2013 RX350 F-Sport Front Bumper to R2013 X350

Originally Posted by hoang27
I special ordered my 2013 RX350 with the Appearance Package that comes with a sportier bumper similar to the F-Sport bumper, but the black spindle is only on the lower portion of the bumper. This option also came with 19"wheels with a super chrome finish. It looks great. It's a rare option that not many cars come equipped with. There are no vehicles with this option within 500 miles of Chicago. Here is a link to photos. Hope this helps. It costs $1200 for this option.

Hi,

Would anyone able to advise if the F-Sport front bumper will fit my 2013 RX350 (i'm currently have the normal bumper spindle grille with DRL on the headlight)

And what parts do i need..to swap the front bumpers..

The dealer here in Australia not particularly helpful..

Much appreciated,

P0c1
Old 08-20-13, 06:58 AM
LexFather

Good question as I was unaware of this myself. Seems once you have the sport appearance package you can swap out the horizontal grill for the F-sport mesh one.

To sum it up

RX regular grill/front bumper
RX F-sport different mesh grill top and bottom, new front bumper
RX appearance package, new front bumper same as F-sport, same F-sport lower mesh, horizontal top grill

Standard RX grill

F-sport

Sport Appearance Pack

Great info here

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Happy New Year yigitgol.

I believe this is what you are looking for?

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-cat...X350-2013.html (Part 53111 details: 531010E160)

However, it looks like it's the entire chrome spindle + mesh grill sold as one unit. You'd have to call and ask if the mesh grill can be removed since the F-Sport spindle would not fit on the stock RX bumper, and if not, if you're willing to do your own cutting and bonding.

I also did some quick math from the Sewell site and if you want to change the entire front bumper and all underlying parts to F-Sport parts, it's a good $2K.

Good luck.
Old 08-21-13, 01:00 PM
txes
Lead Lap

That's not exactly the same as the F Sport though.

John
Old 06-12-15, 09:39 PM
pumbaa
Driver School Candidate

While we are on the subject.
Besides the f sport look. What about parts like suspension and sway bar etc. Do you guys think f sport components makes a difference ?
Old 01-05-16, 11:45 AM
CableMan67
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to replace the top front grill on my 2015 Fsport, got it damaged and already ordered a new one about $450 ouch!!

Trying to replace it myself and saving from having to pay a body shop to do it.
Can someone point me to a video or pictures on how to replace the front grill?

Thanks,
Loving my 2015 RX350 Fsport
Old 01-14-16, 03:13 PM
mcfancy
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think this is what started the thread.....I swapped out my grill for the f sport ...not too hard
Attached Thumbnails F-Sport Grille on 2013 Lexus RX350-image.jpeg  
Old 01-21-16, 04:00 AM
diggdyone
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by CableMan67
I need to replace the top front grill on my 2015 Fsport, got it damaged and already ordered a new one about $450 ouch!!

Trying to replace it myself and saving from having to pay a body shop to do it.
Can someone point me to a video or pictures on how to replace the front grill?

Thanks,
Loving my 2015 RX350 Fsport
Here is a photo of how it all goes together. I did the conversion and can say the grille portion is simple but take your time. Also you may want to download the manual for 2015 dismantling details.

http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.co...rimLevel=19109
Old 01-22-16, 05:12 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by pumbaa
While we are on the subject.
Besides the f sport look. What about parts like suspension and sway bar etc. Do you guys think f sport components makes a difference ?
Yes, the suspension components make a difference in how the RX F-Sport handles and feels compared to a non- F-Sport. Not in X5 territory, but it is definitely more surefooted then a non F-Sport.

However, the trade-off is a stiffer ride due to the tighter suspension. So if you're considering an F-Sport, take it for an extended test drive over all different types of pavement so you can get a good feel for it.

You can't go wrong with either RX model, it depends on what you're looking for.

Last edited by JT4; 01-22-16 at 05:22 AM.
Old 01-22-17, 06:37 PM
lbzya
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mcfancy
I think this is what started the thread.....I swapped out my grill for the f sport ...not too hard
I am wanting to accomplish the same look mcfancy did using the F Sport grill in the non F Sport grill. Does anyone happen to know the part numbers that are need to make this happen?
Old 01-23-17, 07:48 AM
lbzya
Driver School Candidate

Any help would much appreciated.

Quick Reply: F-Sport Grille on 2013 Lexus RX350