RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Weather Tech Mats in My RX350

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-12, 09:11 AM
GRPFAN
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weather Tech Mats in My RX350

I have the complete set of Lt. gray weather tech mats in my 2012 RX 350 now for a year and find they stain easy and some spots are hard to remove.

Anyone experience this problem??

Maybe the black color would of been a better choice.
Old 12-12-12, 09:27 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

I've used WeatherTech mats for several years, and have never had any issues at all. I think they're a great product! Although I typically use black mats, I've had a couple sets of tan mats that showed dirt a lot more. Usually, it was easily removed pretty easily. Any idea what's causing the stains?

One thing I have discovered, is that they are easier to clean if you clean them more often. Hmmm. My mother used to tell me that about my room! I never tested her theory, but I'm pretty sure it only works on cars!
Old 12-12-12, 09:32 AM
GRPFAN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Hmmm. My mother used to tell me that about my room! I never tested her theory, but I'm pretty sure it only works on cars!
My mother use to tell me that about changing my shorts.............
Old 12-12-12, 01:21 PM
CoastalRX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a black Weather Tech cargo liner in my 04 RX and although it is well used, it looks brand new after a quick wipe down. I also put one in my 05 Toyota with the same results. When I got my 12 RX the very first thing I bought for it was a black Weather Tech cargo liner.

Any car I buy will now have a Weather Tech. P.S. I don't work for them.
Old 12-14-12, 03:19 PM
Hawkeye70
Driver School Candidate

Default Weather Tech floor/cargo liner(s)

One more trick I use...I restore the "Shene" on my black floor liners using a product by Duragloss called "Non-Silicone Dressing". Good stuff!
Old 12-14-12, 04:45 PM
Pensivern
Driver School Candidate

Does weather tech make a cargo liner (black) for the 2013rx? My husband said he couldn't find them on the weather tech website.
Old 12-14-12, 05:36 PM
Stanford9
Driver School Candidate

I prefer Husky liners. Have always had alot of luck with them. My 2000 Jeep still has them with no issues. They look good in my 2011 RX450H.
Old 12-14-12, 07:18 PM
UTAS
Driver

Originally Posted by GRPFAN
I have the complete set of Lt. gray weather tech mats in my 2012 RX 350 now for a year and find they stain easy and some spots are hard to remove.

Anyone experience this problem??

Maybe the black color would of been a better choice.
Black is better. However, I had Weathertech on my '06 and '08 RX, but switched to the weather mats by Lexus on the '10 model - I found the weather cargo liner by Lexus to be a better choice, because things tend to slide on the Weathertech product. The Lexus cargo liner is more supple and is a better sound insulator for cargo items. Check it out.

The floor weather mats are comparable, but I don't think Lexus makes a whole floor liner.
Old 12-15-12, 07:07 AM
CoastalRX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stanford9
I prefer Husky liners. Have always had alot of luck with them. My 2000 Jeep still has them with no issues. They look good in my 2011 RX450H.
I would give them a call. It's probably the same as the 12 , they should know for sure.

Originally Posted by UTAS
Black is better. However, I had Weathertech on my '06 and '08 RX, but switched to the weather mats by Lexus on the '10 model - I found the weather cargo liner by Lexus to be a better choice, because things tend to slide on the Weathertech product. The Lexus cargo liner is more supple and is a better sound insulator for cargo items. Check it out.

The floor weather mats are comparable, but I don't think Lexus makes a whole floor liner.
I have to agree, about stuff sliding on the Weathertech .
Old 12-18-12, 06:45 PM
jimmymagic
Driver

Default A related question...

I have the Weathertech liners in my RX but find it's a pain to remove them for cleaning because of the Lexus floor hooks.

Can I pop the hooks out without breaking them? After all, it's not like the liners are going to ride up under the accelerator or brake.
Old 12-18-12, 06:59 PM
GRPFAN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UTAS
I found the weather cargo liner by Lexus to be a better choice, because things tend to slide on the Weathertech product. The Lexus cargo liner is more supple and is a better sound insulator for cargo items.
I wish I know this a year ago before I ordered the whole set...........
Old 12-19-12, 01:43 PM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pensivern
For some odd reason, weathertech does not list the cargo liner on its website for 2013, but I can assure you that the ones from 2010-2012 will work as I am currently using one that I purchased for my 2010 in my 2013. They are the same size-nothing is different!

dentate
Oshawa, ON
but currently wintering
Pt Charlotte, FL
Old 07-12-13, 09:58 AM
kitkatzill
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stanford9
Does stuff slide around a lot on the Husky liner? how high is the lip on end where the trunk closes?
Old 07-12-13, 12:41 PM
BobBass
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the tan mats and although they are great, I have to agree that they do stain and require a lot of "elbow grease" to clean. I still think they are the best all-weather mats out there and will continue to get them for future vehicles.

Regarding the comment about removing the hooks, I would NOT reommend that. Agreed, it's a major PIA to unhook them, but when you sell your vehicle, the buyer should have the option of using OEM mats. Since we all know that Toyota floor mats have been implicated in "unintended acceleration" cases, this is a risk not worth taking IMO.
Old 07-12-13, 04:40 PM
cavedawg
Rookie

I have the Lexus OEM all weather mats and I have hooked the OEM carpet mats in place and just lay the all weather mats on top of them. There are little spikes on the bottom of the all weather mats that hold them to the carpet mats.

Dawg

Quick Reply: Weather Tech Mats in My RX350