RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

F-Sport ROLLCALL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-13, 01:31 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusNN
You can buy plasti dip at any home improvement store or amazon or dipyourcar.com. The vinyl, I'm not sure of specific places because I've never had it done but many have done it. There are a few on the GS forum who may mention places

Originally Posted by XZLR8
Appreciate the feedback. Thanks!
XZLR8: Basically I added the carbon fiber vinyl wrap on same the NGP as yours. I also added the F-Sport emblem at the back shown later on in that thread. So take a look and see if this inspires you!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...wrap-pics.html

Last edited by corradoMR2; 04-02-13 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-02-13, 01:36 PM
XZLR8
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Basically I added the carbon fiber vinyl wrap on same NGP as yours. I also added the F-Sport emblem at the back shown later on in that thread. So take a look and see if this inspires you!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...wrap-pics.html
Yes, I like that very much. It's exactly the sort of look I was going for. Part of the reason that I went with Nebula instead of Silver was simply because I didn't like the lighter paint colors dissecting the two parts of the grille. I notice that you don't have parking sensors in the front, though? I wonder how that would affect the wrap. I'm assuming you'd have to leave the sensors unwrapped, which may look odd.

I really appreciate the pics, though. Well done.
Old 04-02-13, 02:04 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Yes, I like that very much. It's exactly the sort of look I was going for. Part of the reason that I went with Nebula instead of Silver was simply because I didn't like the lighter paint colors dissecting the two parts of the grille. I notice that you don't have parking sensors in the front, though? I wonder how that would affect the wrap. I'm assuming you'd have to leave the sensors unwrapped, which may look odd.

I really appreciate the pics, though. Well done.
Yeah I also wanted the one piece look from top to bottom and my first pick was actually Stargazer Black. But the wife wanted the Nebula Gray Pearl, so I made my own "one piece" grille!

With an exacto knife and some dexterity, you should be able to cut cleanly around the parking sensors. Then try cutting circular pieces of vinyl for the two sensors, apply on and see how it looks. If the job doesn't look right on the sensors, black plastidip the sensors (or the whole bumper if it doesn't look right). You got some options. Got luck and post pics if you end up making the change.
Old 04-04-13, 06:24 AM
darkoozy
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Congrats darkoozy! Looks like stargazer black? if you don't mind, for this thread, we ask the following to tally up. Thanks!

2) Exterior Color
3) Major features/options
4) Any modifications done
5) Gender and Age Group (M/F, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, etc)
Sure thing...

Color: obsidian black
Features: navigation, blind spot, intuitive parking assist
Mods: clear bra over the entire front of the car
Gender/age: Male, 43

This is my daily driver, with my Obsidian 2012 ISF, garage kept.
Old 04-07-13, 08:26 AM
Rxstarfire
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New F-Sport

1) 3.5L
2) Starfire Pearl
3) All options except HUD and ML
4) On order: F-Sport Badge for back, Mud Guards, License Frame
5) Female, 39

Picked it up last Monday and haven't been able to stop driving it! Love the way it handles, love the way it looks, love everything about it! Really happy I went with the F-Sport!
Old 04-07-13, 10:27 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Rxstarfire
1) 3.5L
2) Starfire Pearl
3) All options except HUD and ML
4) On order: F-Sport Badge for back, Mud Guards, License Frame
5) Female, 39

Picked it up last Monday and haven't been able to stop driving it! Love the way it handles, love the way it looks, love everything about it! Really happy I went with the F-Sport!
Very exciting and congratulations Rxstarfire! Nice to see the girls buying the F-Sport too and not just the boys! Please post pics when you can, many would love to see your new F-Sport.
Old 04-07-13, 02:37 PM
Rxstarfire
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the welcome, corrado!

Here is a picture.
Attached Thumbnails F-Sport ROLLCALL Thread-rx-350.jpg  
Old 04-07-13, 03:35 PM
XZLR8
Driver

The white color is so good looking. I've yet to see one in the wild, so the pictures here have been great!
Old 04-07-13, 05:49 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks great, congrats on the new ownership
Old 04-07-13, 06:27 PM
XZLR8
Driver

I have to say, after a little over a week of ownership, I'm thoroughly loving my RX F-Sport. As a die hard BMW fan (the RXF is my work vehicle, as I have a 650i GranCoupe as my personal ride), I was concerned that I might regret the purchase as too "soft." I'm really impressed with the suspension and steering feel, which is a departure from Lexus vehicles I've owned in the past. I'd like about 50 more HP and a bigger fuel tank, but other than that, well done, Lexus!
Old 04-08-13, 10:48 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

I have to say, after a little over a week of ownership, I'm thoroughly loving my RX F-Sport. As a die hard BMW fan (the RXF is my work vehicle, as I have a 650i GranCoupe as my personal ride), I was concerned that I might regret the purchase as too "soft." I'm really impressed with the suspension and steering feel, which is a departure from Lexus vehicles I've owned in the past. I'd like about 50 more HP and a bigger fuel tank, but other than that, well done, Lexus!
Wow, from a BMW enthusiast as yourself, that says a lot about how good the RX F-Sport is. Thanks for the real-world feedback.
Old 04-12-13, 12:51 PM
Cajundude
Driver School Candidate

The color really pops in the sun!
Old 04-21-13, 04:09 AM
mordick
Driver School Candidate

Hey peeps! I'm new one here. Here is my F-sport. Got it about two months ago. Before had Land Cruiser 120 model.
It's on winter 18' rims on photo. First day when I bought it . Now it's already on 19' F-sport rims. Later will make good photos.

1. RX450H
2. Black color.
3. Standart EU pack. Navi, HUD, DSP, e t.c.
4. Not yet. Next week will make vibro for doors.
5. 26
Attached Thumbnails F-Sport ROLLCALL Thread-20130215_125949.jpg   F-Sport ROLLCALL Thread-20130215_130033.jpg  

Last edited by mordick; 04-27-13 at 01:01 AM.
Old 04-21-13, 10:00 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Congratulations mordick. Looks sharp and really stands out especially when the streets are still dirty. If you bought this 2 months ago, I assume it's a 2013? What is interesting is you have the Garnet interior which we thought was never available (only black). Must depend on which country...

Also, what is you gender so we have complete stats? And yes, please post new pics with the stock 19s.
Old 04-21-13, 07:21 PM
XZLR8
Driver

Wish we could get LEDs with the F-Sport here in the states. Looks great!

Quick Reply: F-Sport ROLLCALL Thread