RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

My F Sport pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-12, 08:12 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default My F Sport pics

Hi, i recently picked up my F sport on thursday evening and didnt get a chance to post pics. Left my RX300 behind which i have owned for 8 years. It was a very very reliable vehicle and fingers crossed, the RX F Sport will be the same.

It was a sad moment to leave the RX300 behind but at the same time i was rather excited about the F Sport. Im loving the new masculine shape to the vehicle and i have been complimented several times. Not many Lexus' in the UK, its basically dominated by Audi's, BMW's and Mercedes. People literally stare to get a look at the RX and it definately turns heads when parked.

Im loving the ML stereo and the smoothness of the transmission. Its also very refined. Everyone who sits inside the car doesnt want to get out!!

Well anyway here are some pics of the old and the new. Not the best quality as taken from my phone.
My F Sport pics-imag0126.jpg

My F Sport pics-imag0129.jpg

My F Sport pics-imag0130.jpg

My F Sport pics-imag0132.jpg

My F Sport pics-imag0133.jpg

Last edited by rayaans; 12-02-12 at 08:24 AM.
Old 12-02-12, 08:14 AM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! The F Sport looks great!
Old 12-02-12, 10:29 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Congratulations and welcome to the RX and F-Sport Family!
Old 12-02-12, 08:21 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Nice and congrats!! But why replace black with white/silver? The F-sport would have been badass if it was black.
Old 12-03-12, 08:18 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

honestly mate, it isnt obvious on the RX300 pics but the car had white stone chips and swirls all over the place! I actually did order a stargazer black F sport at first and happened to hit the RX300's bumper on a low stone wall. Went to the dealer to repair it and they had a stargazer RX F sport next to a starfire pearl F sport. and i simply had to have it in starfire pearl! The starfire pearl is much nicer in my opinion and it stands out much more than the black does due to the dark wheels and dark grill contrasting with the white paint. Also, I guess i just didnt want a black car again. Maybe ill go back to black when the next gen RX comes out but atm, im loving starfire pearl!!
Old 12-03-12, 09:30 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Very nice pictures, rayaans. You're making quite a few people jealous on this side of the pond I had a chance to see an obsidian F-Sport non-hybrid RX in person a few days ago. It was absolutely gorgeous but I know my OCD would be off the charts if I got one. My 300 was black. It too fell victim to rock chips even though I had a front end mask. And it never stayed clean long. I have since converted to silver. It's gentler on the eyes and my sanity, LOL!

I have to check out the starfire pearl F-Sport in person. The grill and darker rims blend in on obsidian. I like the contrast in your pictures better. I'll be curious to see what kind of mileage you get. Keep us posted.
Old 12-03-12, 01:20 PM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

GREAT looking car, but I'm a bit biased towards the Starfire Pearl! I liked the black, too, but I've had a black car in the past and never will again! Like Anita, I couldn't deal with how much it showed dirt.

I noticed 2 differences between your car and mine..... besides the obvious F-Sport stuff I sure do like the F-Sport grill, and I LOVE the headlights!

You still have the "Lexus" badge on the left side of the tailgate. This was removed from US models in 2011. Also, did you remove your roof rails, or did it not come as part of the car? I like the clean look!

Last edited by User 41924; 12-03-12 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-03-12, 02:08 PM
tbrx350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pictures - picking up my Starfire Pearl F sport tomorrow - CAN'T WAIT - there is no way I am sleeping tonight
Old 12-03-12, 02:28 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

450 F Sport, very nice. As he mentioned, not many Lexus in the UK, therefore you need the "Lexus" badge.
Old 12-04-12, 04:50 AM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by happy1977
Nice and congrats!! But why replace black with white/silver? The F-sport would have been badass if it was black.
Not everyone is willing to maintain a swirl monster. Black starts to swirl if you just look at it the wrong way.
Old 12-04-12, 08:20 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

The Lexus badge was on already. Every Lexus in the UK has the Lexus badge.

Also, the roof rails are an option here in the UK. I think they cost about £600 but I personally do not like the look of them and I dont think the silver colour of the rails will go well with the white. The only accessories I got were the rubber cargo liner and the black bumper protection plate and they were thrown in for free by the dealer. I still see many people on the pavement looking over just to get a glimpse of the vehicle! I was originally considering an Audi Q7 but I am glad I didnt go for it.

Id just like to say, I know how everyone says Audi has the best quality. From my experience of driving and testing a Q7 for a weekend, I think my RX is far superior in every way. Glad I made this choice . Im still loving the starfire paint and the ML stereo as well as the little features such as the way the windows close and how the seat slides back for easy access. I also love how there is barely any "jellowabble" so to speak without making the ride too firm.

Last edited by rayaans; 12-04-12 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-04-12, 08:28 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by panyo64
Not everyone is willing to maintain a swirl monster. Black starts to swirl if you just look at it the wrong way.
Well, i did not really choose starfire pearl over the stargazer for the swirls. In fact, I had a stargazer on order but decided on starfire after seeing two f sports next to each other.

In my opinion, the stargazer paint was gorgeous! The gold bits really made it sparkle, however, from a distance, it looked more brown to me. I also found that the F sport grill as well as the darkened wheels did not stand out on the black paint.

when i saw it, the starfire pearl looked amazing. There was a kind of matt effect to the paint due to the lighting and cloud. The grill and the wheels really stood out on the paint and I loved the contrast so that is the basic reason of why I went for starfire pearl over the black.
Old 12-04-12, 08:40 AM
mandidy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet ride there!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish i had those color rims for my black rx450h
Old 12-04-12, 06:27 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The starfire pearl color looks awesome on your F-Sport! When I first read that your previous car was an RX300, I was picturing what was the First Generation RX here in the states. I forgot that in Europe and Austrailia that the models, I think, were delayed by a year. What year was your RX300? Your RX300 was known as the second gen RX330/350 here in the states.

Why in the world can't we get the RX-450h F-Sport here in the U.S.????
Old 12-05-12, 08:24 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by EMSLEXUSRX
The starfire pearl color looks awesome on your F-Sport! When I first read that your previous car was an RX300, I was picturing what was the First Generation RX here in the states. I forgot that in Europe and Austrailia that the models, I think, were delayed by a year. What year was your RX300? Your RX300 was known as the second gen RX330/350 here in the states.

Why in the world can't we get the RX-450h F-Sport here in the U.S.????
My RX300 was a 2005 model with a 3.0 litre engine. Hmmmm I dont know about why you cant get the RX450h F Sport but then again, we do not get the RX350 models at all!! We also do not get the GS350 model so basically, we are left to choose the more expensive, RX450h or GS450h or go for the cheaper but lackluster GS250 . I seriously think Lexus need to improve their sales strategy on the models!

Quick Reply: My F Sport pics