RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

My Lightly Customized F-Sport w Carbon Fiber Wrap - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-12, 07:02 PM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For some reason that f sport badge just doesn't look right? Maybe it's the placement or perhaps another style of badge?
Old 12-18-12, 07:39 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver10
For some reason that f sport badge just doesn't look right? Maybe it's the placement or perhaps another style of badge?
Funny enough, I had the same initial reaction but I may have an explanation.

Could it be, as Lexus buffs we are, probably for the first time in history, we see the F-Sport badge beside the RX moniker as a paradox? For the last 13 years, up until 2012, the RX and "sport" were at opposite ends of the spectrum and as such I think absorbing this visual will take time.
Old 12-19-12, 10:54 AM
playa3uhh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very tasteful mods. Especially loving the front bumper look!
Old 12-21-12, 08:08 AM
roy7777
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Very cool. I want to do the same thing as you do, but my upper grill need to be painted, too. (My upper grill is the regular one which is grey.)
So I gonna use Plasti Dip to do the job.
Old 12-21-12, 08:17 AM
dengman
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

very nice! CF wrapping at its best!
Old 12-21-12, 01:12 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by roy7777
Very cool. I want to do the same thing as you do, but my upper grill need to be painted, too. (My upper grill is the regular one which is grey.)
So I gonna use Plasti Dip to do the job.
Nice! Curious to see how it will look on the "shorter" RX spindle grill. I think it will look great. Post some pics when done.
Old 01-07-13, 09:54 PM
dennis09x
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thumbs up, looks great on the bumper.
Old 01-08-13, 04:33 AM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have done a fantastic job and the car looks great. Very tasteful!
Old 01-18-13, 09:10 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1) The wrap looks awesome and looks clean, so good job!

2) F badge - I strongly suggest you remove it or.... removed the 350 and put RX F-Sport

3) Do you know if 2010 rear clear tail light will fit 2013 tail light? One of the main reason holding me back buying this car right now is the rear tail - very dislike the whole red piece inside the light. If it's osmething i can swap out or trade with 2010 member I'll definitely consider.

David
Old 01-19-13, 06:58 AM
EVO_S4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

look good, have you thought of doing the windows trim
Old 01-20-13, 05:43 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Appreciate the design tips and I'm tempted!

Shaolin, since the outlines of the 2010-2012 rear lights are the same as the 2013 (body panels are the same), I'd be tempted to say these fit in the 2013, however what I don't know is if redesigns were done behind to the electrical connectors and mounting points. Your best bet is call your local Lexus dealer (Parts Dept) and ask to be 100% sure. Heck, if you really want the F-Sport and this is the only thing stopping you, I'd make a deal with the salesman to validate if they fit, and if so, swap out with 2010 lights. If that doesn't work out, there's always the option to smoke out the the lights with vinyl, paint, etc. There's a solution! Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 01-21-13, 07:50 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Appreciate the design tips and I'm tempted!

Shaolin, since the outlines of the 2010-2012 rear lights are the same as the 2013 (body panels are the same), I'd be tempted to say these fit in the 2013, however what I don't know is if redesigns were done behind to the electrical connectors and mounting points. Your best bet is call your local Lexus dealer (Parts Dept) and ask to be 100% sure. Heck, if you really want the F-Sport and this is the only thing stopping you, I'd make a deal with the salesman to validate if they fit, and if so, swap out with 2010 lights. If that doesn't work out, there's always the option to smoke out the the lights with vinyl, paint, etc. There's a solution! Good luck and keep us posted!
Corrado, thanks for the comments. I am trying to slap myself to make some final decision as I do not like to spend money on things i feel i will regret....

1) Wify wants the RX but I believe it's not worth it to spend 50k on it. Why? Lexus uses as loaner, interior a bit cheap compare to the new GS or my IS, and it's pretty much on every road of orange county. Unless..will lexus ocme out with the mini rx?
2) GS - love the front end but the rear is neh for me - similar to my thought of RX tail light. Secondly, the GS only comes with 350 motor - which basically the same engine I have on my IS350. If GS come with V8 then that will be the rout for sure...
3) ISF - almost bought a nebula grey last week but sales couldn't seal me with the offer i want and someone willing to pay more than i do bought it.

Wify and I love the ISF feel compare to RX and GS even through we're 7 months into our first baby. Over all i think the RX is probably the way to go intends of practifically...
Old 01-21-13, 05:35 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Shaolin, I had an 08 IS and although I loved it, was tight as the family vehicle while raising kids. Car seat ingress/egress was somewhat of a pain for daily usage strapping the kids in the car seat and out. The kids kicking the back of the front seats due to the minimal leg room, and forget carrying a combination of more than one of the kids items like a a portable play pen, wagon, and stroller in the trunk. Love the ISF but can you live with the daily punishments of child (and its "baggage") transportation?

I think the small CUV (NX 200t / 300h) is at least one year away as probably a '15. I couldn't wait for that so I bought the RX F-Sport in the interim to satisfy my new car urge
Old 01-21-13, 09:41 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Shaolin, I had an 08 IS and although I loved it, was tight as the family vehicle while raising kids. Car seat ingress/egress was somewhat of a pain for daily usage strapping the kids in the car seat and out. The kids kicking the back of the front seats due to the minimal leg room, and forget carrying a combination of more than one of the kids items like a a portable play pen, wagon, and stroller in the trunk. Love the ISF but can you live with the daily punishments of child (and its "baggage") transportation?

I think the small CUV (NX 200t / 300h) is at least one year away as probably a '15. I couldn't wait for that so I bought the RX F-Sport in the interim to satisfy my new car urge
Seriously thanks for the advice.

Btw, nx is fugly so glad you didn't wait for it....
Old 01-27-13, 08:29 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

so....not to hijack your tread but pick up your twin brother today.
Attached Thumbnails My Lightly Customized F-Sport w Carbon Fiber Wrap - Pics-nebula-grey-rdfsport.jpg  

Quick Reply: My Lightly Customized F-Sport w Carbon Fiber Wrap - Pics